Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2009, 21:37   #316
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Hope you got the copies of the planning applications that I emailed you. I was about to email the planning dept to ask when the website would be uptodate - but when I checked the website I noticed that the reports were there but in the wrong order.
Whoops .. you are so right Claytender Have looked at it many times and never spotted that ... just looked at the top the bottom two. It's in a mess, isn't it.
Suppose I owe the Planning Department an apology.

Got your E-mail and have replied to thank you for your prompt attention.

Lots of improvements to houses still reflecting the reluctance of people to move house. Just these two are of interest:-

11/09/0201 Outlined Application: Erection of a 12,000 Land off Red Shell Lane 11/06/2009
bird, free range egg production, unit Oswaldtwistle Accrington BB5
3RW

Mr William Holden

Not sure whether I would like to be near it ... cluck, cluck.

and of course:-

11/09/0232 Erection of three-storey sixth form centre St. Christopher's C of E High School Queens Road on existing games court, with associated West 10/06/2009
landscaping, parking and access from Accrington BB5 4AY
Queen's Road West

Mrs Pam Haralambos

Long overdue, but not keen on it being linked to a church school despite their reassurances will have no affect on non C of E children who wish to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I suspect that figure will be reversed when it comes to the planning application for the mosque.

Already started Garinda ... suspect we will have lots to say on here when the plans are submitted. Myself, would hate it to have one of the gold globes ...building bling in Hyndburn .. yuk.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2009, 09:12   #317
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Whoops .. you are so right Claytender Have looked at it many times and never spotted that ... just looked at the top the bottom two. It's in a mess, isn't it.
Suppose I owe the Planning Department an apology.

Got your E-mail and have replied to thank you for your prompt attention.

Lots of improvements to houses still reflecting the reluctance of people to move house. Just these two are of interest:-

11/09/0201 Outlined Application: Erection of a 12,000 Land off Red Shell Lane 11/06/2009
bird, free range egg production, unit Oswaldtwistle Accrington BB5
3RW

Mr William Holden

Not sure whether I would like to be near it ... cluck, cluck.

and of course:-

11/09/0232 Erection of three-storey sixth form centre St. Christopher's C of E High School Queens Road on existing games court, with associated West 10/06/2009
landscaping, parking and access from Accrington BB5 4AY
Queen's Road West

Mrs Pam Haralambos

Long overdue, but not keen on it being linked to a church school despite their reassurances will have no affect on non C of E children who wish to attend.

Already started Garinda ... suspect we will have lots to say on here when the plans are submitted. Myself, would hate it to have one of the gold globes ...building bling in Hyndburn .. yuk.
Its not so much the gold globes with me kate its that bloke screaming from a minaret 5 times a day that would do my head in
Old 30-06-2009, 09:18   #318
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its not so much the gold globes with me kate its that bloke screaming from a minaret 5 times a day that would do my head in
We are assured that this is not going to happen Jaysay.
Old 30-06-2009, 10:27   #319
Resting in Peace

Quote:
We are assured that this is not going to happen Jaysay.
We must be grateful for small mercies
Old 09-07-2009, 22:11   #320
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

Thanks Claytonender for sending me the weekly applications.

Sure the Stanley fans are aware of this one..

11/09/0279 Retention for a temporary period until 20th June 2010 of ground control room at first Stanley
floor level with access stairway and screen fencing and including external alterations
Accrington Crown Ground Livingstone Road Accrington 30/06/2009

Mr Rob Heys\ASFC

11/09/0227 Installation of a 4.8m high Ornamental Clock within community garden area Rishton Blackburn BB1 4LA
(Regulation 3)
Land at Parker Street Gardens 26/06/2009
Rishton Area Council

Sounds good.

11/09/0254 The siting of a steel storage container for Peel Park School Community Primary Alice Street Accrington 17/06/2009
outdoor sports equipment and erection of 2 School
canopies within the play ground
Children and Young People Directorate

11/09/0236 Erection of single storey swimming pool The Laurels 243 Manchester 15/06/2009
Road Accrington BB5 2PF
Mr Anthony Helliwell

Gotta' admire this guy his persistency.

Notice in the Observer that the LCC have given notice of application for planning permission for the new bus station on Crawshaw Street ... good.
Old 10-07-2009, 22:09   #321
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

11/09/0227 Installation of a 4.8m high Ornamental Clock within community garden area Rishton Blackburn BB1 4LA
(Regulation 3)
Land at Parker Street Gardens 26/06/2009
Rishton Area Council

Sounds good.
will only benefit visitors n passing motorists though surely.
Old 10-07-2009, 22:11   #322
God Member

Quote:
Notice in the Observer that the LCC have given notice of application for planning permission for the new bus station on Crawshaw Street ... good.

Good for who ?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:41   #323
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
will only benefit visitors n passing motorists though surely.
Misery guts ... think it will be a lovely feature .. might as well be a clock and be useful to some at least ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good for who ?
For the town Lancsdave. I think getting rid of the current overcrowded, added and patched up, dangerous to negotiate one we have got now, is a good move. They are offering a state of the art bus station which will be far more visitor friendly and still within striking distance of the shops.

Also, I love the idea of a civic square to replace the old one ... think this will encourage more people to go into this area besides the passing pedestrian traffic going for the bus. Even you, where your stall is, must admit is a very dark oppressive, carbon emissions filled little corridor which isn't pleasant to walk along. Will be so much nicer when it is more open and light. I think it will only increase visitors to your business.

Now, why do you think the bus station should stay where it is then ?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:56   #324
Senior Member+

We need a purpose built bus station. Peel St was never a bus station. Peel St is just a street that happened to have stops on it.

And there is a difference between what we have now in my opinion, and a proper bus station. It's also got to be in the right place of course.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59   #325
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Now, why do you think the bus station should stay where it is then ?
He likes watching young ladies in short skirts bending over to take their babies out of the pram before getting on the bus
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32   #326
God Member

Crawshaw Street is hardly ideal for the elderly or people with mobility problems, it is a fair walk in these circumstances.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:42   #327
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Crawshaw Street is hardly ideal for the elderly or people with mobility problems, it is a fair walk in these circumstances.
Hardly Bernie... can't get much closer to the Arndale, wouldn't think more than 100 metres at a guess, and if they wish to visit the market, (not all do) is easily linked and short distance ...

We are a very small centre and don't have to walk very far to get to any of the shops. If you consider where bus stations at Burnley and Blackburn are ... then visitors have much further to walk.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:49   #328
God Member

But the buses stop outside both Blackburn and Burnley markets more or less, are there going to be stops nearer to our market?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:33   #329
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
But the buses stop outside both Blackburn and Burnley markets more or less, are there going to be stops nearer to our market?
Possibly Bernie .. certainly in the regeneration plan looks like Blackburn Road will be made more accessable and converted into 2-way traffic shared space (in front of Town Hall) .. not sure if the buses will still be running across there though, but blimey ! how much closer do you want buses to be than Crawshaw Street. Still feel only a short distance to the market. I don't think this distance argument holds any clout at all.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45   #330
God Member

Quote:
Possibly Bernie .. certainly in the regeneration plan looks like Blackburn Road will be made more accessable and converted into 2-way traffic shared space (in front of Town Hall) .. not sure if the buses will still be running across there though, but blimey ! how much closer do you want buses to be than Crawshaw Street. Still feel only a short distance to the market. I don't think this distance argument holds any clout at all.
It might seem a short distance to us who are physically ok to get about but as I said the elderly and people with limited mobility might find it a struggle to carry shopping that far.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..