Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 09:26   #166
Give, give, give member

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
I see from the HBC's latest list of planning applications that the old James street working men's club is the subject of a change of use, from WMC to Function rooms.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO040408.pdf

HBC are still way behind with the list of applications, they must be over worked
That's a strange one.

Basically it was already licenced function rooms.

I only ever went there twice, both times to functions.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2008, 15:08   #167
Resting in Peace

Looks like town centre planning is moving a little ... well, I am optimistic anyway :-

15m Accrington Arndale Revamp Set To Be Unveiled (from Lancashire Telegraph)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 17:27   #168
God Member

When arndale had the clock (attraction for the kids) and you could buy anything you wanted in town, there was no need for an asda, but accy got one anyway, I still say you could walk around the arndale shops as quick as you could walk around asda, and the bill at the end would be cheaper, the walk more interesting, and less stressful.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02   #169
Resting in Peace

Quote:
On the subject of Flats/Apartments, it would seem from the article in the LET that the experts feel that to many flats/apartments have been built, and that they will not sell. Investers wo have bought to let, are not able to let, and not able to sell.

Looking at the lastest planning applications on the BwD website it looks very much like the developers have thought about it, so the applications now are for affordable housing.............have the developers seen the light at last?
Seems the flats near Scaitcliffe house are going on sale as from today at prices ranging from £ 89,950 >> £142,950. Three show apartments will be available to view from 10am >4pm. Will be interesting to see what interest they get.

Did you notice the application for the demolition of the existing train station and erection of a new one in the Observer Park ? with various alterations to the car park, wind turnbines, etc. The application no. is 11/8/0217 which was missing from the H.B.C's last list online.
Old 13-05-2008, 07:06   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Seems the flats near Scaitcliffe house are going on sale as from today at prices ranging from £ 89,950 >> £142,950. Three show apartments will be available to view from 10am >4pm. Will be interesting to see what interest they get.
Aye had noticed that in the observer, yes it will be interesting to see if the flats do sell

Quote:
Did you notice the application for the demolition of the existing train station and erection of a new one in the Observer Park ? with various alterations to the car park, wind turnbines, etc. The application no. is 11/8/0217 which was missing from the H.B.C's last list online.
No I missed that kate, but would think that the application will get approval.
As far as the applications go HBC are still way behind on publishing them

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 10:48   #171
Resting in Peace

Quote:
[COLOR=blue]
No I missed that kate, but would think that the application will get approval.
As far as the applications go HBC are still way behind on publishing them
Someone mentioned the other day, that if Tesco got approval for the site in Accrington, they intended bringing in most of their supplies by rail. Not suggesting, this will have anything to do with any decisions like.

Never got a reply to my E-mail re. their late entry of Applications/Decisions.
Old 13-05-2008, 11:57   #172
Senior Member+

Quote:
Someone mentioned the other day, that if Tesco got approval for the site in Accrington, they intended bringing in most of their supplies by rail. Not suggesting, this will have anything to do with any decisions like.
Is the new railway station not an LCC project

Albert Einstein.

Old 13-05-2008, 12:02   #173

Surely they'd have to create a rail spur for doing that?? Considerable cost it would be too and there's hardly the room for it if a superstore and car-park are going up - so I would personally say that's a non-starter.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 12:07   #174
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Is the new railway station not an LCC project
Yes, it is, so maybe my suggestion is not justified. Will retract.

Churchman Phil: Was just a remark by someone, gossip I guess. Will bow to your comment of a 'rail spur' .. not knowledgeable ...
Old 16-05-2008, 17:10   #175
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
When arndale had the clock (attraction for the kids) and you could buy anything you wanted in town, there was no need for an asda, but accy got one anyway, I still say you could walk around the arndale shops as quick as you could walk around asda, and the bill at the end would be cheaper, the walk more interesting, and less stressful.
Could be big plans afoot for the Arndale centre............another supermarket, and right in the town centre.

Store wars on the cards? - News - Accrington Observer

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-05-2008, 17:12   #176
God Member

Read about this in the Observer
Old 16-05-2008, 17:20   #177
Resting in Peace

I would personally prefer to see a Sainsburys in town rather than a Tesco. Have varying products to Asda so not so much competition (although understand this could be good). Might just invite people to take an interest in the Town flats being built. ... people who work on higher salaries, and are a bit snobby about their supermarket. Trying to be careful how I word this .. but could invite other High Street shops to invest in our town.
Old 16-05-2008, 17:26   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
Might just invite people to take an interest in the Town flats being built. ... people who work on higher salaries, and are a bit snobby about their supermarket. Trying to be careful how I word this .. but could invite other High Street shops to invest in our town.
What you saying here kate, burnley has a sainsburys

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-05-2008, 17:45   #179
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What you saying here kate, burnley has a sainsburys
LOL .. ok, point taken, but they do have a better shopping centre !
Old 16-05-2008, 17:52   #180
God Member

The big supermarkets are not in serious competiton in my opinion, they have limits on price reductions, and rarely cut the same prices as each other, it looks to me like they have an 'understanding', how else could they compete properly and still make huge profits like they do?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..