Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2008, 07:31   #151
Senior Member+

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
glad to see that two shops at the bottom of burnley road and eastgate are being demolished to be re placed by four houses and a three storey block of flats,
What was that quote from one of our Councillors......Flats, flats, and more flats.
So each house is going to equate to half a shop, where's the block of flats going

What about car parking, mind the new residents will be able to walk to the £ shops in the centre

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2008, 07:15   #152
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
See barratt have put plans in for developement of 98 houses, on land and premises on exchange street, accrington, still can't believe councils website hasn't been updated!, pg 51 of observer top right corner.
The application is now shown on HBC's website, but it does not identify which of the two works it is. It just states " a manufacturing works" has anyone any idea are both works still operational.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spring hill.jpg (196.3 KB, 18 views)

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-04-2008, 08:00   #153
Senior Member+

On the subject of Flats/Apartments, it would seem from the article in the LET that the experts feel that to many flats/apartments have been built, and that they will not sell. Investers wo have bought to let, are not able to let, and not able to sell.

Looking at the lastest planning applications on the BwD website it looks very much like the developers have thought about it, so the applications now are for affordable housing.............have the developers seen the light at last?

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-04-2008, 08:38   #154
mez
God Member

oh my gosh , is that the old t.m.l. place they are thinking of, right accross from me.
Old 17-04-2008, 09:13   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
oh my gosh , is that the old t.m.l. place they are thinking of, right accross from me.
Was just going to say Mez .. I took a look as I drove up to your house the other day for tea (thank you very much that pork and apple meat loaf was brilliant ..). Couldn't see much for the trees, but I got the impression the bottom works were still open ? Didn't go right to the top as had to turn into your house.. so go out and have a look ... LOL.

I thought the flats would sell quite well Park, but obviously not then ?

Did E-Mail HBC enquiring why delay on Planning Applications/Decisions late. Just got one back to say, had been passed to this department, but so far no explanation from them. I now expect, however, to get a reply just to say they are now up .. await with interest. Only up to the 21/3/08 though. Used to do them every 11 days.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 09:18   #156
God Member

I recall there was a small works that made camping trailers there - has that gone now?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 17:04   #157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Are you meaning the one on the left going up exchange street, facing the old Spring Hill Infant school.
I did see low loaders going in and out of that building several weeks ago, could have been moving all the machinery out.
It would have been better if the application had identified the site. It means you would need to visit Scaitcliffe Towers to view te application and attached drawings.
At the end of the day if it is right accross from you, its got to be better looking out at new houses than an old factory.

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-04-2008, 17:14   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I thought the flats would sell quite well Park, but obviously not then ?
I was only going off what was published in the LET, but the estate agents do know what is selling and what will not sell.

Margo in the news again

Work Continues On Blackburn Flats Despite Credit Crunch (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-04-2008, 17:17   #159
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
At the end of the day if it is right accross from you, its got to be better looking out at new houses than an old factory.
The traffic is busy there now, what will it be like with 100 ish cars going to work in the morning?
Old 17-04-2008, 17:47   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The traffic is busy there now, what will it be like with 100 ish cars going to work in the morning?

It's busy there now with the delivery lorries and workers cars arriving, so what's the difference

If you read the planning application for the site, you will see it mentions "associated roads" I assume that would be to improve access to and from the site.
We don't know if it is that works, it may well be the old Lang Bridges site, then there will be problems on Fairfield street because that building is directly opposite Fairfield Nursery, but also fronts Exchange street.

The planning application just indicates
Land currently occupied by a manufacturing works Exchange street.

Albert Einstein.

Old 18-04-2008, 22:10   #161

Well i walked past there on my way into town today, and looked at both factorys, looking at the one facing the nursery, theres no way you could fit 98 houses on there, just doesn't seem possible, ive never really taken much notice of them before, didn't realise how big the other factory was, my gran also tells me that during the second world war they made munitions there, and they painted the roof green and brown to depict moorland, as nobody was allowed to have any lights on, and there was no street lights, so not to attract german bombers.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 07:09   #162
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Well i walked past there on my way into town today, and looked at both factorys, looking at the one facing the nursery, theres no way you could fit 98 houses on there, just doesn't seem possible, ive never really taken much notice of them before, didn't realise how big the other factory was, my gran also tells me that during the second world war they made munitions there, and they painted the roof green and brown to depict moorland, as nobody was allowed to have any lights on, and there was no street lights, so not to attract german bombers.
Thought it may be that works, it covers a lot of ground goes through to Chester street, which has pens & garages at the top end. I wonder if the houses will be the affordable type, and will the scheme include yet another block of flats. Think we will have to wait and see on that one.
May go in to Scaitcliffe Towers and have a look at the plans.The sooner HBC updates the website to include attached plans the better, people will then be able to view the applications without the need to go in to the Towers.

Albert Einstein.

Old 19-04-2008, 07:54   #163
God Member

just chipping in here because I don't know your local regulations , but in my area where apartment/flats complexs are constructed the local planning department usually requires that there is at least one designated place for each unit and one visitor parking space for every two units , all these parking spots are off street , maybe something that could be incorporated into planning applications , just an idea.
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 08:04   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
just chipping in here because I don't know your local regulations , but in my area where apartment/flats complexs are constructed the local planning department usually requires that there is at least one designated place for each unit and one visitor parking space for every two units , all these parking spots are off street , maybe something that could be incorporated into planning applications , just an idea.
thanks
HBC also have policy documents relating to new build and car parking provision, but it would seem that they don't always comply with the document, as has happened in the recent past.

Albert Einstein.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:19   #165
Senior Member+

I see from the HBC's latest list of planning applications that the old James street working men's club is the subject of a change of use, from WMC to Function rooms.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO040408.pdf

HBC are still way behind with the list of applications, they must be over worked

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..