Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2007, 12:27   #61
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think you mean Great Eastern Kate
Yeh, thanks Bernie, have talked about it before haven't we .. Spuggie was very upset if I remember.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2007, 12:30   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yeh, thanks Bernie, have talked about it before haven't we .. Spuggie was very upset if I remember.
Can't remember, maybe it was before I joined
Old 28-10-2007, 08:12   #63
Senior Member+

Anyone know what this application by Taylor Woodrow Construction Ltd is all about ref.11/07/0584

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...07TO210907.pdf

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 09:55   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Anyone know what this application by Taylor Woodrow Construction Ltd is all about ref.11/07/0584

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...07TO210907.pdf
Can't link it today park381 .. seems to be unavailable at present, this has happened frequently at weekends; thought their new website may have been a little more efficient. !
Old 28-10-2007, 10:09   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can't link it today park381 .. seems to be unavailable at present, this has happened frequently at weekends; thought their new website may have been a little more efficient. !
Thats true HBC's "new" website is a little slow to say the least.
The Taylor Woodrow application relates to access to land on stanhill road at stanhill ? its a strange one just after the "pickle factory" one by Barretts.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 14:04   #66
Resting in Peace

Ok .. judge for yourselves:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...07TO021107.pdf

Interesting ones seem to be:-

11/07/0684 ... Residential gypsy site.

11/07/0686 ... Someone buiding a church and community centre.. blimey .. seem to be pulling most of 'em down. Which land is 309 >> 317 Union Road, Ossy ? .. is it that next to the Civic Theatre ?

11/07/0716 . Outline planning for 71 flats, Chapel Street Garage, Abbey Street. Mmmm . another application for central 'town dwellers' .. are they looking to the future maybe and hopeful that regeneration is 'the carrot', and will be the place to live ?
Old 11-11-2007, 14:10   #67
God Member

Quote:

11/07/0686 ... Someone buiding a church and community centre.. blimey .. seem to be pulling most of 'em down. Which land is 309 >> 317 Union Road, Ossy ? .. is it that next to the Civic Theatre ?
I think it's the land next to the pet shop, opposite Lloyds TSB. They bought the land a long time ago and then started raising money for the church - it's taken a while but they must have finally reached their target.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 14:14   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I think it's the land next to the pet shop, opposite Lloyds TSB. They bought the land a long time ago and then started raising money for the church - it's taken a while but they must have finally reached their target.
Thanks, yes, know the place. Don't understand the applicants title of Christian Institute though .. is it a sort of communal religious sect, not affiliated to any 'branch' ?
Old 11-11-2007, 14:17   #69
God Member

Quote:
Thanks, yes, know the place. Don't understand the applicants title of Christian Institute though .. is it a sort of communal religious sect, not affiliated to any 'branch' ?
Sect makes it sound a bit creepy, but there's a lot of these non-denominational Christian 'churches' springing up. The Hope Centre in Osw is also one. They follow basic Christian tenets but they're not affiliated to any specific religion.

Old 11-11-2007, 15:15   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:

You're right. It's the site of the old Ossy Co-op.

It's been used as a carpark for the past twelve years, and will be sorely missed, once the church builds it's new place of worship.

The council were offered the site as a much needed carpark in Ossy, but refused it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 15:24   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You're right. It's the site of the old Ossy Co-op.

It's been used as a carpark for the past twelve years, and will be sorely missed, once the church builds it's new place of worship.

The council were offered the site as a much needed carpark in Ossy, but refused it.
Were they offered that site? I know that they considered buying the land next to the Civic theatre but Lancs CC put too high a price on it.

Old 11-11-2007, 15:27   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Were they offered that site? I know that they considered buying the land next to the Civic theatre but Lancs CC put too high a price on it.
So I understand.

Old 11-11-2007, 15:34   #73
God Member

I can't actually remember who owned the land before hand but I suppose the point is that if HBC wanted to build a parking lot in the centre of Osw they wouldn't need to be 'offered' land, they could just slap a compulsory purchase order on it and buy it.

Old 11-11-2007, 15:40   #74
Give, give, give member

There's a desperate need for parking at the top of Ossy, which will only be made worse when the church reclaim their plot.

The amount of people who park on the zig-zags, outside of the bank, is appalling. An accident waiting to happen.

Old 11-11-2007, 15:47   #75
God Member

There's need for parking at the bottom as well. We've spoken about it many times on here but when there's a big show on at the theatre there's never enough space to park.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..