Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 17:14   #31
Give, give, give member

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Just signed up and got an automated response

Congratulations on becoming an ‘early bird’ member of feelslike online.

Your details have been added to our membership database and you will receive a unique membership ID and Password, together with instructions on how to submit images of your work as we move towards our launch date.

Thank you for selecting feelslike online and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

So there wasn't exactly a screening process involved.
Think I might join, and flog some faux Pollock's.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2007, 18:53   #32
Resting in Peace

Well, nowt much interesting this period folks, except Gayle, change of use from plastic works to two dwelling houses ... Straits Ossy ... should make that a little more pleasant for you.

Course Asda applying again for changes to car park including bus shelter .. they will get it right some time.

Sparth Manor: Creation of window from door opening and open up fireplace in the bar area .. can't quite understand this but sounds, at last, as if they are going to make it a little more drinker friendly... hope so, that pub definitely has potential to be a great watering hole...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 19:42   #33
God Member

Oooo, what am I in for this time?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 17:51   #34
Resting in Peace

I'm back sadly.

Looks like everyone has got over the spend at Christmas and confidence building (sorry re. pun) again to add to their houses with extensions, conservatories, etc.
I'm guilty too .. just had new patio door fitted and about to partake on decorations, etc ... must be the sun.

One I am insterested in is No. 8 Union Road, Ossy change from kitchen showroom to residence for seven people with mental health problems. No objection to new use .. just that was this Country Kitchens ? and anyone know if they have moved. Just that they supplied the kitchen I have fitted and need a couple of replacement drawers.

Good news for Scouts too .. application for 18 new dormitories at Bowley Scout Camp and other facilities, so good to hear this Association is still thriving.
Old 18-04-2007, 17:53   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I'm back sadly.

Looks like everyone has got over the spend at Christmas and confidence building (sorry re. pun) again to add to their houses with extensions, conservatories, etc.
I'm guilty too .. just had new patio door fitted and about to partake on decorations, etc ... must be the sun.

One I am insterested in is No. 8 Union Road, Ossy change from kitchen showroom to residence for seven people with mental health problems. No objection to new use .. just that was this Country Kitchens ? and anyone know if they have moved. Just that they supplied the kitchen I have fitted and need a couple of replacement drawers.

Good news for Scouts too .. application for 18 new dormitories at Bowley Scout Camp and other facilities, so good to hear this Association is still thriving.
Yes it's Country Kitchens.

Think I'll book myself a room.

Old 18-04-2007, 18:10   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes it's Country Kitchens.

Think I'll book myself a room.
You mean at Bowley Garinda .. mmm, yes, rather like the thought of you in those shorts . Or did you mean at 8 Union Road ? .. no .. not you honey ..you got all your mental agility on line.
Old 18-04-2007, 23:01   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You mean at Bowley Garinda .. mmm, yes, rather like the thought of you in those shorts . Or did you mean at 8 Union Road ? .. no .. not you honey ..you got all your mental agility on line.
Lol, mental yes, but very little agility, as I fell down the stairs of my house last Friday, and did my back in, and haven't been able to go out since then.

Perhaps I'll see if I can book a ground floor room, at the soon to be converted Country Kitchens Asylum.

Old 30-04-2007, 21:29   #38
Resting in Peace

Asda apllication for petrol pump station .... will they ever make their minds up about that car park ?

If you live on 2 >>> 28, Ripon Road, Ossy .. might get two houses at the back of ya'

Martholme Farm, Martholme Lane applying for caravan 'storage' .. no 'storage' .. no worries, not residential caravans.. so might be worth looking them up if you need to store a caravan in the winter.

Rest conservatories again .. mmm I'm jealous.
Old 30-04-2007, 21:32   #39
God Member

Quote:
Martholme Farm, Martholme Lane applying for caravan 'storage' .. no 'storage' .. no worries, not residential caravans.. so might be worth looking them up if you need to store a caravan in the winter.
Wonder if the one off Blackburn Rd is moving there, it's right in the middle of the redevelopment area at the moment.
Old 30-04-2007, 21:50   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Wonder if the one off Blackburn Rd is moving there, it's right in the middle of the redevelopment area at the moment.
Would think one of Asda's own Dave; maybe they think the one you talk about might come under compulsory purchase order at some time and they have spied an opportunity.

Well, let's see if buying petrol there will tempt us to slap the right pocket on our jeans, eh ?
Old 30-04-2007, 22:05   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Would think one of Asda's own Dave; maybe they think the one you talk about might come under compulsory purchase order at some time and they have spied an opportunity.

Well, let's see if buying petrol there will tempt us to slap the right pocket on our jeans, eh ?
Just completely ignore this last rambling of mine, didn't read Dave's proper .. thought he was talking about a petrol station .. time I went to bed methinks ..LOL.
Old 17-05-2007, 20:41   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
'Course there is the big one of the invitation by HBC to tender 'to deliver a Masterplan for the regeneration of the town centre and surrounding areas' just in case anyone missed it ...
Well, this contract just been issued .. let's see what they come up with eh ?
Old 26-05-2007, 12:25   #43
Resting in Peace

This term's submissions include:-

Change of use of the former Great Harwood Job Centre to *Police Station*

2 takeaways on Union Road, Ossie, one on Blackburn Road, Accy .. gonna' look more like Rusholme every day.

32 houses plus 6 bungalows on the Great Harwood Footbal site and ex Monroes night club.

Change of use from a window/door manufacturers on Cedar Street to Adult Learning Centre for Adults with learning difficulties .. that will be good.

Westwood Garage, Rishton .. change to retail ... aaaw loved looking at those cars in that showroom. Wonder what type of corner shop this will be ?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29   #44
Resting in Peace

See Kevin Horkin has applied to change premises 6, Church Street from retail to winebar ! well, that's a change of direction.

Think would be lovely to have a wine bar with more of a continental feel, that sold beverages, snacks too during the day and with a raised/floral decorated type patio to sit out on in the summer .. hope you know the type, have nothing like this in Accy.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:20   #45
Resting in Peace

Tesco put in their application for a new store in Great Harwood now. As discussed before, bet yer last penny they will get it, even though 'need' is always the first criteria, and to me there is not a need here. They are bullies though and sure the council will succumb.

Lots of schools seem to be applying for improvements:-

Acc. and Rossendale College: Lounge/Games Room.

Green Haworth Primary : Extension for Library/IT suite.

Mount Pleasant, C-L-M : Pram storage for proposed childrens centre.

St Johns, Gt. Harwood: Erection of single storey extension for staff room and enlargement of class room.

St Bartholomews, Gt. Harwood: Erection of 2 - storey extension.

Gt. Harwood Primary: Demolition of garage and erection of children's centre.

All good stuff, eh !!

Outline planning permission for Residential Development, Land at West End Works, Norman Street, Ossie.

Finally, the erection of the 2-storey dental education centre, Health Centre Church ... eeew .. maybe, for the ones having problems getting on the NHS dental list, perhaps they may need volunteers to practice on ...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..