Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2008, 19:06   #181
Senior Member+

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
LOL .. ok, point taken, but they do have a better shopping centre !
All in good fun kate they also have all the big 3, Asda, Tesco, & Sainsburys

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2008, 19:11   #182
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
The big supermarkets are not in serious competiton in my opinion, they have limits on price reductions, and rarely cut the same prices as each other, it looks to me like they have an 'understanding', how else could they compete properly and still make huge profits like they do?
Could it be their dabbling in all the none food things like, electrical goods, white goods, clothes, insurance, mobile phones, and all the many other items these "supermarkets" offer for sale on their web sites.
They all offer the internet shop from home, delivered to your door.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-05-2008, 19:16   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Could it be their dabbling in all the none food things like, electrical goods, white goods, clothes, insurance, mobile phones, and all the many other items these "supermarkets" offer for sale on their web sites.
They all offer the internet shop from home, delivered to your door.
I dare say these items help, or they wouldnt sell them, but it is due to the massive profits they make that they have the financial clout to sell things like insurance and finance, they would be very happy if they managed to get all the small outlets closed, and just watch the prices rocket when they do, and again, it will be all of them raising the prices, they wont cut thier own throats, nor each others.
Old 16-05-2008, 19:53   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I dare say these items help, or they wouldnt sell them, but it is due to the massive profits they make that they have the financial clout to sell things like insurance and finance, they would be very happy if they managed to get all the small outlets closed, and just watch the prices rocket when they do, and again, it will be all of them raising the prices, they wont cut thier own throats, nor each others.

Profits relate to people through the door, and judging by the car parks at both asda & tesco (blackburn) I would assume that they are doing very well, they offer a wide choice of products at what would seem a reasonable price, that is for the distance the product has travelled and the condition it is presented in.
I have often wondered, why, why is tesco trying to sell me insurance, why is asda accrington applied yet again for planning permission to install a 4 pump self service petrol station at its accrington store, could it be a service to customers, or could there be a lot more profit in selling petrol & insurance, than in the groceries they sell.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-05-2008, 19:56   #185
Senior Member+

May be we should all try here

mySupermarket - Compare Supermarket Prices – MySupermarket the supermarket comparison site

To save some money

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2008, 12:55   #186
Resting in Peace

Eeew hek ! had two lots of applications entered since 4th April !! Slight improvement.

One or two of interest:-

Tesco have re-applied to demolish the Oswaldtwistle Fire Station and re-erect a convenience store.

LOL .. owner of Belmont Farm, Great Harwood .. application to land helicopter on lawn ! Is the area becoming more upmarket ?

Former pub on Arnold Street to become 5 apartments .. which pub was this ?
Cashy ?

Ossy Mills application for the food court at the front.

More flats ... 20 new 1 bed-roomed apartments and 2-bed.. Burton Building, Blackburn Road, Accrington. Don't know which building this is ?

One near you Margaret R .. Conversion of Hotel/House ? on Higher Heys to convert to 5 flats with a two storey rear.

The station one of course.

See there is an inquiry into the Tesco at Gt. Harwood. Thought this had been passed, was wrong.

Had to laugh, just listened to conversation on Radio re. planning permission .. mainly for the householder. Advice was to look on-line as councils now have the plans there to view ... hummph .. not Hyndburn yet ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 13:49   #187
God Member

Quote:
Eeew hek ! had two lots of applications entered since 4th April !! Slight improvement.

One near you Margaret R .. Conversion of Hotel/House ? on Higher Heys to convert to 5 flats with a two storey rear.
That is a burnt out doss house -anything there would be an improvement

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 15:14   #188
Senior Member+

Think HBC are still way behind on the planning applications on line

Tesco in Ossy, may be this time, they have obviously altered the plans in line with HBC's requirements

Helicopter landing pad..........the area must be on the up, wonder if anyone had thought of a landing pad on the top of the new flats at Scaitcliffe it could help to sell them to these higher paid execs

More and more apartments/flats...........another developer making a fast buck.

The inquiry in to the Tesco gt harwood application, the reading in the Observer indicates that it is normal practice on an application such as this, the inquiry is to help the planning committee in reaching the correct decision.
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...ood_tesco_plan

I see in the LET the Peel Holdings development continues to cause problems
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...n_centre_plans

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2008, 22:30   #189
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I see in the LET the Peel Holdings development continues to cause problems
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...n_centre_plans
Yeh, they not going to go away are they.
Old 24-05-2008, 06:40   #190
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh, they not going to go away are they.
No I don't think they will. I think BwD are against the application as well.

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-05-2008, 12:20   #191
Resting in Peace

Te Pub on Arnold St, was the Great Eastern I think Kate
Old 01-07-2008, 18:52   #192
Resting in Peace

Well, Alleluia ..actually a few more applications on the web site.. still over a month behind though.. getting mad now and you don't want to see me when I am mad (do rather suit green though LOL).

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO160508.pdf

All bit boring, gonna' pull down the Pioneer works 11/08/0142 (sob .. many memories of that back.. ) .. Eeew, guess what ? More flats !
Old 01-07-2008, 19:25   #193
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well, Alleluia ..actually a few more applications on the web site.. still over a month behind though.. getting mad now and you don't want to see me when I am mad (do rather suit green though LOL).

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO160508.pdf

All bit boring, gonna' pull down the Pioneer works 11/08/0142 (sob .. many memories of that back.. ) .. Eeew, guess what ? More flats !
Hven't they done well, applications up to 16/05/08 it's now 1st July...........Wow

The fist application reads well " Land between Edgar street & School street" erection of a 3 storey unit, ground floor retail, first floor leisure & office, third floor........wait for it more flats, least the residents would not have far to walk to catch the bus on crawshaw street.

Or could it be the owners of the property boosting the value of their holdings in readiness for the "New Bus Station" since the application is only an outline application

http://www.accrington.towntalk.co.uk...agecontent=map

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 01-07-2008 at 19:28. Reason: link added
Old 01-07-2008, 19:37   #194
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hven't they done well, applications up to 16/05/08 it's now 1st July...........Wow

The fist application reads well " Land between Edgar street & School street" erection of a 3 storey unit, ground floor retail, first floor leisure & office, third floor........wait for it more flats, least the residents would not have far to walk to catch the bus on crawshaw street.

Or could it be the owners of the property boosting the value of their holdings in readiness for the "New Bus Station" since the application is only an outline application

Problem is Park, that properties do depreciate that are built around bus stations, so not very clever... what ya' reckon 'leisure and office' means .. not another Peaches do you think ?... tee hee.

I like the idea of the bus station on Crawshaw Street, and the present bus station becoming a civic square .. may make room for a better night life walkway, and day time resting place ... as on other threads, always agreed the advantage of wine/coffee bar/bistros on here.
Old 01-07-2008, 20:02   #195
Senior Member+

Quote:
Problem is Park, that properties do depreciate that are built around bus stations, so not very clever
I don't think so kate, that property would be of more value with outline planning permission than it would without. Look at the Church on Cannon street purchased for £250,000 now for sale with planning permission for flats at £350,000 a nice little earner don't you think, the owners have not even got their hands dirty.
Quote:
I like the idea of the bus station on Crawshaw Street, and the present bus station becoming a civic square .. may make room for a better night life walkway, and day time resting place ... as on other threads, always agreed the advantage of wine/coffee bar/bistros on here.
The way things are going in accrington centre you will be able to turn the Arndale centre in to a civic square.

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..