Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 11:53   #301
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

Like this too :-

Homes plan for Great Harwood police station (From Lancashire Telegraph)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2009, 13:53   #302
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Am I just being green and mean ? Or are the neighbours ? ...
May be, but HBC indicated the application did not comply with the Policy E10

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 13:58   #303
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
May be, but HBC indicated the application did not comply with the Policy E10
I know ... Still ...
Old 20-05-2009, 10:12   #304
Resting in Peace

Eeew hek ! More trouble brewing methinks :

11/09/0177 Erection of Retail Store (Class A1) Land at Heys Lane/Station
with Road Great Harwood
associated car parking, landscaping,
access and servicing
12/05/2009
Aldi Stores Ltd
Old 20-05-2009, 11:01   #305
God Member

The building that Tesco originally put an offer in for, on Burnley road, Clayton, has now got an auction sign on it, so could be more supermarket sweeping going on.
Old 27-06-2009, 21:57   #306
Resting in Peace

I'm not a happy bunny ... nothing on the website since period ending 15/5/09 !!

Yet, last week in the Observer, they had a list of applications. Did they get them sent by HBC ? Can't see that they visited Scaitliffe House to view. Wasn't much anyway, unless you consider Sparth House applying for a swimming pool.
Course you will all know that Tesco's application has now been accepted for Great Harwood ...

Are the general public being ignored now with regard to up-to-date information ?
Old 28-06-2009, 10:09   #307
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
I'm not a happy bunny ... nothing on the website since period ending 15/5/09 !!

Yet, last week in the Observer, they had a list of applications. Did they get them sent by HBC ? Can't see that they visited Scaitliffe House to view. Wasn't much anyway, unless you consider Sparth House applying for a swimming pool.
Course you will all know that Tesco's application has now been accepted for Great Harwood ...

Are the general public being ignored now with regard to up-to-date information ?
Me thinks that 99.99999% of the GP don't give a damn about planning kate, unless it affects them that is
Old 28-06-2009, 19:27   #308
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Me thinks that 99.99999% of the GP don't give a damn about planning kate, unless it affects them that is
Agree to a certain extent Jaysay. It is human nature to take an interest in buildings in your area that would affect you, like large extension to the house next door oveshadowing your own home, planning for a drug centre which may affect the price of your property, new supermarkets which may tread on your toes, transport systems which may take away the parking from outside your front door and change of use to nearby shops.

I think now though there is a slight rise in interest in general applications for the regeneration of our town ... because more information has become available. Years ago ... us working class would not be aware that we could have a say in what the council intended and wouldn't think our voices expressing opinion would have any clout. Now, however, it is there through the media, and through the internet. That is why I am so annoyed that they have not put up any details for weeks !! Someone being sloppy.

We do on here, for example, discuss certain intentions of new developments which would not have been so openly displayed in the past.
Old 28-06-2009, 23:15   #309

Kate - all councillors get a list of planning applications (which have been submitted that week) emailed to them weekly. If you give me your email address in a PM - I will send you copies of the emails from w/e 15/05/09)
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 23:22   #310
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Kate - all councillors get a list of planning applications (which have been submitted that week) emailed to them weekly. If you give me your email address in a PM - I will send you copies of the emails from w/e 15/05/09)

Great Claytonender ... will do .. but I will copy it on here.

Still does not excuse the Planning Department though for the length of time since the last ones were put on their website. Had been set up as a public service which is not being fulfilled, and now taking up your precious time to do what you suggest.
Old 28-06-2009, 23:22   #311
God Member

And as for the drug rehabilitation centre Kate they know objections are going to be nearly zilch cos hardly any residents at present. Makes me wonder if the new developments backers are going to be best pleased at getting planning permission spending money on re-developing then having this put on the doorstep of the properties.
Old 28-06-2009, 23:41   #312
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
And as for the drug rehabilitation centre Kate they know objections are going to be nearly zilch cos hardly any residents at present. Makes me wonder if the new developments backers are going to be best pleased at getting planning permission spending money on re-developing then having this put on the doorstep of the properties.

Their is one letter of objection in the Observer Bernie ... don't know whether you have seen it from an elderly couple who live opposite the proposed site.

They feel because the site is more isolated than the original suggestion of Avenue Parade, there will not be as much supervision ordered on Paradise Street/Eagle Street where there is not even a CCTV camera. They already have experiences of large boozing parties on their back drive.
Old 28-06-2009, 23:43   #313
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I suspect that figure will be reversed when it comes to the planning application for the mosque.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 00:23   #314
God Member

Quote:
Their is one letter of objection in the Observer Bernie ... don't know whether you have seen it from an elderly couple who live opposite the proposed site.

They feel because the site is more isolated than the original suggestion of Avenue Parade, there will not be as much supervision ordered on Paradise Street/Eagle Street where there is not even a CCTV camera. They already have experiences of large boozing parties on their back drive.
Yep saw it Kate, was my next door neighbour. They share the same bit of back street as me and to be honest would think it is highly unlikely there was ever a boozing party down there. Do understand their concerns given their ages but the facility is needed and as far as I'm concerned the decision was made ages ago. As I said before very few residents to object to the proposal, enough said in my book. Having said that not the best idea in the world to put it next to the skate park IMHO

Last edited by BERNADETTE; 29-06-2009 at 00:26.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 20:30   #315

Hope you got the copies of the planning applications that I emailed you. I was about to email the planning dept to ask when the website would be uptodate - but when I checked the website I noticed that the reports were there but in the wrong order.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..