Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16   #196
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, Alleluia ..actually a few more applications on the web site.. still over a month behind though.. getting mad now and you don't want to see me when I am mad (do rather suit green though LOL).

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO160508.pdf

All bit boring, gonna' pull down the Pioneer works 11/08/0142 (sob .. many memories of that back.. ) .. Eeew, guess what ? More flats !
What do you do with your old clothes after a temper tantrum kate
Was reading last week in the Obs I think, that HBCs Web Site is now the 8 best in the country or somewhere near that, thats out of over 400 councils, 2 years ago it was in the bottom 10 so must have improved big time
Old 02-07-2008, 10:33   #197
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Just a question............Does anyone know whats going to happen to the old doctors peel house, on avenue parade?

Noticed some drunks hanging outside it, and swore i seen some dirty bitch peeing up the back near it...

some people have no self respect!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56   #198
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Just a question............Does anyone know whats going to happen to the old doctors peel house, on avenue parade?

Noticed some drunks hanging outside it, and swore i seen some dirty bitch peeing up the back near it...

Oh come on panther even wino's have to go somewhere
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04   #199
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ewwwwww...lol
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48   #200
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
... what ya' reckon 'leisure and office' means .
A brothel with a reception

You could apply as part time receptionist and tell us which AccyWeb members visit for services

Or better still get me some discount
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59   #201
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Or better still get me some discount
I thought they would be paying you Neil ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:53   #202
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

Yuk Panther .. the mind boggles.

Haven't seen any applications for Peel House .. but who knows ... the public is not getting to know .. certainly through their web-site anyway!.

Have you noticed any paperwork in the windows/on the door ?

As for being amongst the top 8 ...am speechless ... is because it looks pretty or something. Their search facilities are rubbish.
Old 08-07-2008, 13:43   #203
Resting in Peace

Actually got another lot, but only up 'til 18th June .. closing the gap a little.

Mostly private applications, 3 that may be of interest, expect half of you may know about them anyway:-

The Queens in Church has an application to become a doctor's surgery .. Dr. P.K. Joseph.

352/352 a Union Road ... wine bar with 2 flats over the top (Mr. D. Yates .. LOL) Well, wouldn't like to live over that one.. . Not sure where this is .. anybody ?

A further application for No. 8 Union Road ... that's where the kitchen place was ... dance/drama studio. Excellent.
Old 12-07-2008, 14:05   #204
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Actually got another lot, but only up 'til 18th June .. closing the gap a little.

Mostly private applications, 3 that may be of interest, expect half of you may know about them anyway:-

The Queens in Church has an application to become a doctor's surgery .. Dr. P.K. Joseph.

352/352 a Union Road ... wine bar with 2 flats over the top (Mr. D. Yates .. LOL) Well, wouldn't like to live over that one.. . Not sure where this is .. anybody ?

A further application for No. 8 Union Road ... that's where the kitchen place was ... dance/drama studio. Excellent.
352 Union Road is between the Rose And Crown Pub, and the Chinese Chippy, can't pin it down any further kate, just going off an old electoral register
Old 15-07-2008, 06:31   #205
Senior Member+

Went past the church on Cannon street, I see its now up for auction, may be the developers who got the planning permission for 16 flats, and tried to sell it on, will be stuck with it now.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 06:36   #206
Senior Member+

Quote:
Had a look last night kate, wow they are up to the 27th June

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-07-2008, 10:46   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Had a look last night kate, wow they are up to the 27th June
Yeh, couldn't believe my eyes, but nothing in the last lot of interest I don't think.

They had the decisions up to 200 but now have to go through Abode Reader which I updated as requested (not good at this). Now when I try to take a look, still keeps asking me to do this ?

That's a shame re. Cannon Street, didn't think it would have been a bad addition to the town .. better than a crumbling church any day .. looks like the developers ran out of money.
Old 16-07-2008, 10:30   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh, couldn't believe my eyes, but nothing in the last lot of interest I don't think.

They had the decisions up to 200 but now have to go through Abode Reader which I updated as requested (not good at this). Now when I try to take a look, still keeps asking me to do this ?

That's a shame re. Cannon Street, didn't think it would have been a bad addition to the town .. better than a crumbling church any day .. looks like the developers ran out of money.
Think it may be a matter of trying to cut their loses kate, if they did the church up and made these flats they may just have been left with them the way the housing market is at the moment
Old 17-07-2008, 19:33   #209
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think it may be a matter of trying to cut their loses kate, if they did the church up and made these flats they may just have been left with them the way the housing market is at the moment
I don't think they had any intention of "making the flats" it was a pure exercise in making money, but it looks like it may have back fired on them, they could well be left with a church on their hands.

Albert Einstein.

Old 18-07-2008, 23:03   #210
Caz
God Member

The Pioneer works building itself isn't coming down, at least not yet. They won't sell. Its the units behind it that the plans apply to.

Wish it was coming down, live accross from it and it's a total eyesore.
Who in their right mind want's to live behind that and overlooking a railway line?????
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..