Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2009, 12:49   #256
Senior Member+

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think you can tell the Council ones though Jaysay, they put some sort of silver lining and mesh (?) at the windows.
That to stop the windows being broken, or stop yobs breaking in and using the empty house for growing that there weed, the stuff police are always sniffing out

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2009, 16:30   #257
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Are owners not registered with the Land Register?
Believe me Bernie it ain't quite that simple, I tried to find he owners of a property on Roe Greave Road and it was a nightmare, you can find some through the land registry, but not all
Old 29-01-2009, 16:53   #258
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Believe me Bernie it ain't quite that simple, I tried to find he owners of a property on Roe Greave Road and it was a nightmare, you can find some through the land registry, but not all
Thanks Jaysay just thought the owner of the house was always registered
Old 29-01-2009, 17:20   #259
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I find that hard to believe in this day and age, but since you have tried it must be correct. If the house is empty why not get HBC to put a compulsory purchase order on the property, bet the owner would soon come out of the woodwork then

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 12:12   #260
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
I find that hard to believe in this day and age, but since you have tried it must be correct. If the house is empty why not get HBC to put a compulsory purchase order on the property, bet the owner would soon come out of the woodwork then
I don't think that's so easy too Park, would be ideal granted, but before you can put a CP order on a property you've got to know who owns the flaming property. Mind you its few years since I was involved (about 8 to be precise) so things could have changed, but I now property was a complete nightmare back then
Old 08-02-2009, 12:18   #261
Resting in Peace

They are now up to 30/1/09 .. so credit where credit is due... thank you H.B.C. for keeping us more up-to-date, however very little in the last two terms, which probably reflects the economy at the moment. i.e. best of interest is just tidying up the trees around the war memorial at Ossy.

11/09/0035 Works to Trees - T1 (Ash), T2 (Lime), T3 War Memorial Rhyddings 26/01/2009
(Beech), T4 & 5 (Sycamore), T6 & 7 Street/Union Road
(Elder), T8 (Rowan), T9 & 10 (Poplar) and Oswaldtwistle
T11 (Birch)
Hyndburn Borough Council

Can you see anything else Park ?

Wish it were easier to link up the decisions to the original applications though.

On a self-indulgent note, my 26 year old son Jamie almost made it to 'Young Planner of the Year' this week .. an award through the RTPI. Like he said " being 2nd place is just dirt place loser", still proud though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:23   #262
Senior Member+

oh yeah Katex, thats just reminded me... they have taken a load of trees down behind woodnook school and it looks like they are building on there...any ideas what they are doing?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 13:19   #263
Resting in Peace

Can't just find anything Emamum, depends if the land belongs to Woodnook school ? May have to look back to 2007.

Only thing is this, but won't be that and can't see that permission has been granted as yet to this canopy. There again, decisions may be behind on their web site. :-

11/08/0227 Erection of a canopy shelter to main entrance Woodnook Primary Hudson 28/04/2008
area Street Accrington
Old 08-02-2009, 18:14   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
oh yeah Katex, thats just reminded me... they have taken a load of trees down behind woodnook school and it looks like they are building on there...any ideas what they are doing?
There was a planning application approved. the meeting of the planning commitee on 7 January 2009 for some land off South Street Accrington, which is possibly the area you are thinking of (I know it is in Woodnook - but as it is not in my ward nit too sure of the exacty location). The area has been a 'garden'.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...ons_report.pdf
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 18:29   #265
Resting in Peace

Thanks for that link Claytonender .. never found that before.

South Street only appears to be outline Planning Permission at the moment, so doubt it. Not sure exactly where Emamum is talking about.
Old 10-02-2009, 22:58   #266

For anyone who is interested the next meeting of the planning commitee is next Wednesday 19th February.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:37   #267
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
For anyone who is interested the next meeting of the planning commitee is next Wednesday 19th February.
Do these meetings still take place during the day claytonender
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50   #268
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Are you just testing if we are paying attention? Wednesday is the 18th
Old 11-02-2009, 20:16   #269

In reply to Jaysay - yes the meetings do take place during the day usually at 2.30pm

In reply to Neil, I was having a 'senior' moment you are quite correct it is on Wednesday 18th @ 2.30pm.

Link to agenda
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...209_Agenda.pdf

Link to applications being considered by the committee on the Wednesday 18th
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...riefing_1_.pdf
Old 11-02-2009, 21:49   #270
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
In reply to Neil, I was having a 'senior' moment you are quite correct it is on Wednesday 18th @ 2.30pm.
I was looking at my shift rota and thought they had messed it up again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..