Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2008, 17:00   #106
Senior Member+

re: Planning Applications

I also check the Blackburn with Darwen website "planning" I find it a lot better than HBC you can find all applications that have been lodged even if they have been withdrawn, all plans/drawings are available to view as is all the planning documentation and neighbours that will be affected by the application.
Compared with the BwD site HBC is in the dark ages

View and comment on planning applications : Planning applications : Planning : Housing and planning : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

Just follow the link.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2008, 17:22   #107
Resting in Peace

Will be good when HBC are able to put up the actual plans, as Blackburn and Darwen .. instead of having to traipse down town, which I can't do, due to working full time !

This is where we are very much behind.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 18:42   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Will be good when HBC are able to put up the actual plans, as Blackburn and Darwen .. instead of having to traipse down town
I have been in to Scaitcliffe towers - planning office on several occasions to check on applications/plans, some way back in the 1990's (checking on conditions to the planning permission).There are sometimes conditions attached to the planning permissions which could relate to hours of operation, noise levels etc.

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-01-2008, 15:38   #109
Senior Member+

The group of councillors that make up HBC's "Planning Committee" never cease to amaze me, some of the comments they make in the local press are farcical.

The application to demolish the old spring hill WMC and build 10No 2/3 storey houses on the site has yet again been turned down by the committee in spight of the Chief Planning Officer recommending it for acceptance. The comments of Councillors Claire Pritchard & Brian Roberts regarding the application and type of houses is a total joke. Is this to be yet another boarded up building that is left to rot.

Club site redevelopment knocked back - News - Accrington Observer

On the other hand I see that the committee have passed the plans to convert the church on cannon street in to 16No Flats. I would have thought that would be classed as a high density development given the location of the site, is there enough room on the site to provide "off" street parking for at least 16 cars if not more. I know that the building is in a poor state but converted in to 16No flats
Controversial church flats plan gets OK - News - Accrington Observer

It would seem that some of our councillors will stop at nothing to "grab the headlines" and sometimes i think they need to put brain in gear before opening mouth, because some of their quoted statements are laughable

To finish on what will be a bitter blow to the residents of stanhill, HBC will not appose the appeal that is to be lodged by Barrett Homes.
To quote councillors Pritchard & Roberts we do not want high density shoeboxes, the people of hyndburn deserve better. Is the Barrett development not high density, why are the committee not standing firm and backing the residents.

Albert Einstein.

Old 21-01-2008, 20:20   #110
Senior Member+

That chunk of land next to the Redcap isn't classed as green belt then? Seems sad that it will become a faceless business estate.
Old 22-01-2008, 07:08   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
That chunk of land next to the Redcap isn't classed as green belt then? Seems sad that it will become a faceless business estate.
Yes its a shame, at this rate there is not going to be any "green belt" land left. There was also an article in the LET where BwD had been after some green belt land at Rishton for a "High profile business park".

Yet when you look round at the new empty units/warehouses it makes you wonder why they keep building them. There must now be a surplus of commercial/industrial buildings in and around hyndburn.

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-01-2008, 13:25   #112
Senior Member+

Oh dear not more apartments.
The latest applications are both by the same company

Land off Manchester Rd Baxenden
18 No 2 bedroom apartments 11/07/0816
&
20 No 2 bedroom apartments. 11/07/0819

I wonder what our planning committee will make of these applications

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...07TO110108.pdf

Albert Einstein.

Old 07-02-2008, 17:47   #113
Resting in Peace

Already entered on a thread that Rob249 started where he kindly pointed out the proposed Tesco development for the Fire Station in Ossie:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO250108.pdf

Sure you have noticed all the CCTV cameras .. particular interest to our Neil in Rhyddings, but presume he knows about this anyway, and to Gayle, one on the Straits .. mmmm wonder if any pressure from Tesco here and the Fire Station. Not that I am saying 'owt corrupt or anything, but with enough time, money and pressure, developers can pretty much get whatever they want..

I was interested in the one for the Clayton-le-Moors 'Sports Club' .. middle club to you and me, for ten new dwellings. Seems to be a thriving youth club.. does this mean it will go ?
Old 07-02-2008, 19:08   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Already entered on a thread that Rob249 started where he kindly pointed out the proposed Tesco development for the Fire Station in Ossie:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO250108.pdf
Thanks Kate had not been on HBC website for a day or two, a new batch of applications, looks like Tesco are after taking over in Hyndburn

Albert Einstein.

Old 07-02-2008, 19:10   #115
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Thanks Kate had not been on HBC website for a day or two, a new batch of applications, looks like Tesco are after taking over in Hyndburn
And they will .. just you wait. Wondered where your were ...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:21   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
And they will .. just you wait. Wondered where your were ...
Just to busy, whilst I am retired from full time employment, I still do a little
AutoCAD work for a few local contractors, working drawings etc.Keeps the old grey matter going

Albert Einstein.

Old 08-02-2008, 20:23   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post

There'll be no individual shops left in years to come. There'll be a Tesco in every town and then they'll be able to do what they like with their prices because there'll be no alternative.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:53   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
There'll be no individual shops left in years to come. There'll be a Tesco in every town and then they'll be able to do what they like with their prices because there'll be no alternative.
Don't forget we already have an Asda store in accrington, they are not going to go away if Tesco comes to accrington as well, there could be a price war between the two.

Albert Einstein.

Old 12-02-2008, 14:48   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sure you have noticed all the CCTV cameras .. particular interest to our Neil in Rhyddings, but presume he knows about this anyway, and to Gayle, one on the Straits
CCTV in Rhyddings Park, things are looking up.RPNHW will be able to switch theirs off now. I assume the camera will cover the "play area"

That is a lot of CCTV cameras & columns listed on the application. Are all these going to be linked back to the "central station" or will they be stand alone installations if they are stand alone who will have the job of changing the tape or cd (if it is digi recording).

Anyone in the know

Albert Einstein.

Old 13-02-2008, 12:12   #120
God Member

They're linked back to the station. From what I understand the one at Union Rd/Straits isn't looking down the Straits but covering Union Rd and the bottom of Rhyddings St.

Unless someone is monitoring my toings and froings that I'm unaware of.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..