Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 08:27   #331
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Doesn't say they have too though does it so by the books the club is not doing anything wrong! Even though people see different!

Think of it this way. If I do something at work that is classed as gross misconduct, maybe I repair a machine and make it unsafe, the management find out and start to investigate. I am not suspended and allowed to carry on repairing machines unsafely while they investigate the accusation. They then have a formal disciplinary hearing, I am found to be at fault and dismissed from the company.

I then take them to tribunal and win because I was not suspended on these grounds - If the management thought my actions warranted dismissal from the company why did they allow me to keep repairing the machines while they decided if I was doing it unsafely?

In the case of these footballers there has been a breakdown in trust between the management and the employee. This is grounds for dismissal. The management can not trust the players to not break the rules and bet on their own games. They have been accused of doing so and should not play again until the investigation is over.

How can they be sacked because the management can not trust them not to break the rules, if they have still allowed them to play while under investigation.

I suspect if they are found guilty they will be either paid off to leave the club or just paid for doing nothing until there contract ends. This would save them losing at tribunal for procedural errors.
Old 14-04-2009, 09:56   #332
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Good to see Lancashire County Council know the correct procedures

14 LCC Staff Suspended

Quote:
LANCASHIRE County Council has suspended 14 of its staff in a racist email probe.

A major investigation is underway following what unions have called the largest raft of suspensions in living memory.

The staff, who work in different departments across County Hall, were suspended on Thursday ahead of disciplinary proceedings and could be sacked if found guilty of gross misconduct.
Old 14-04-2009, 13:49   #333
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think you imagine wrong dave, as far as i'm aware any employer is entitled to suspend on full pay,anyone who has commited "Gross Misconduct"
precisely: to suspend on full pay, so they would still be getting paid for doing nothing. The club still has to pay their wages and coley is without 2 players, IMO the club has little to gain from suspendin anyone at this stage, unless you count Bagpuss
daveB61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 14:05   #334
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveB61 View Post
precisely: to suspend on full pay, so they would still be getting paid for doing nothing. The club still has to pay their wages and coley is without 2 players, IMO the club has little to gain from suspendin anyone at this stage, unless you count Bagpuss
little to gain apart from the fans who will not go watch em. but still fans are never a big deal.
Old 14-04-2009, 14:22   #335
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveB61 View Post
unless you count Bagpuss
Ho Ho, only 3 posts on accyweb and already making jokes about the fans, may I ask what precisely is your role at the club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 16:28   #336
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Ho Ho, only 3 posts on accyweb and already making jokes about the fans, may I ask what precisely is your role at the club.

Maybe he is the players bookie
Old 14-04-2009, 17:00   #337
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Ask Lee baggy, i reckon he knows.
Old 14-04-2009, 17:07   #338
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveB61
The club still has to pay their wages
So what you're trying to tell us is, Eric said, "I'm not payin' 'em for doin' ****** all." or words to that effect. Nothing to with employment law or right and wrong.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 18:21   #339
God Member

Quote:

Think you must be barking up the wrong tree, the club don't know this forum exists
Old 14-04-2009, 18:24   #340

Being somewhat cynical, after watching Monday's appalling performance against Chester it springs to mind that the whole squad could have had a wager on this result.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 19:02   #341

The performance was appalling, I thought it galling that Cavanagh wore the Captain's armband, whatever the arguments about them playing, he should not have been the Captain & that was the view of many around me watching the match. Should give the job to Phil Edwards asap!
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 19:05   #342
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Red View Post
The performance was appalling, I thought it galling that Cavanagh wore the Captain's armband, whatever the arguments about them playing, he should not have been the Captain & that was the view of many around me watching the match.
thats known as rubbing yer nose in it.
Old 14-04-2009, 19:14   #343
K-P

Quote:
I thought it galling that Cavanagh wore the Captain's armband, whatever the arguments about them playing, he should not have been the Captain & that was the view of many around me watching the match. Should give the job to Phil Edwards asap!
Absoloutly bob on!
Old 14-04-2009, 20:02   #344
God Member

Quote:
The performance was appalling, I thought it galling that Cavanagh wore the Captain's armband, whatever the arguments about them playing, he should not have been the Captain & that was the view of many around me watching the match. Should give the job to Phil Edwards asap!
I suppose its all part and parcel of the same thing, if the club are "Standing by the players" and allowing them to play, then the club must allow them to carry on as they are ?? i.e. Club captain. Not saying I agree or that any of it is right...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 11:36   #345
Junior Member+

Quote:

Precisely the same as yours. I go to most home games thanks and I'm entitled to post on here just as much as you. You're the one who said you were going to demand a refund on your season ticket, thats why i said they'll lose you.
daveB61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..