Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 20:31   #376
Junior Member+

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise A Foy View Post
Just for the record, spelling and grammar are ignored now when marking exam papers.
That is part of the problem within our education system…init though?
rupertbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2016, 13:16   #377
Full Member+

Does anyone here know anything about the Lamonts who lived at Heights farm, Accrington? We have some photos of the farm from our family who lived at Broad Oak Fold and later Lower Withams farm.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 19:00   #378
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylo View Post
JoanR mentioned getting milk delivered from a farmer called Jim. I think that was my father. We used to live at West Farm. The horse was called "Paddy". I have a photo of him delivering milk as you described - if anyone is interested.
I remember a Jim Kemp at West Farm, Iused to help him hay making in the school holidays, during the last war he had a Belgium refugee staying at the farm he was called Jack de Younger, smoked woodbines like a factory chimney, he was about the same age as me. My father who used to visit WW1 graves in Belgium on a regular basis last saw Jack in the 80's he was working as a butcher in a shop.
Jim Kemp was also a partner in Kemp & Murreys butchers on the corner of Wellybob St & Nuttall St.

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-01-2016 at 19:06.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..