Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2012, 16:16   #241

Re: Spire farm development

And don't forget to take your cameras, lovely views therabouts.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2012, 00:00   #242

I will do it doing your house. Is that a public place?
Regards your dog, you might want to read the prow rules for dogs, look at the certain conditions. Then watch this space. Read the last sentence with regards certain dogs. Maggots and fish come to mind:-)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 00:06   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
And don't forget to take your cameras, lovely views therabouts.
Thought you would have taken enoght by now, rules can be changed
mug heap looking good, oh and the new spring that as suddenly appeared. Had utilities out to fix it before we new. So bring you bottles. It makes a great brew.
Old 14-01-2012, 00:09   #244

In Syria sadly
Old 14-01-2012, 00:13   #245

It's going nowwhere it will be halved soon as I got sum new paddocks to create. Land not cheap,don't think ther building any more. Although other planets have some.
Old 14-01-2012, 00:21   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
The aim of the footpath disruption has always been to stop people using it, when in its original position it was hidden from the house Mr Foy" occupies" by virtue of it being behind a hedge and at the far side of what he calls his drive so why change its position if you are not suffering from Lord of the Manor syndrome
It was a potential diversion that we would of got. But had to sell to raise funds for injection of cash required. So now it's back and even wider then before through our drive, we cut the hawthorn bushes back, to ensure you don't scratch yourself. It was that wide in 1960. But is it in the right place as it was now. For those who are 60ish I'm sure you know. As other locals who are helpful say it may well not be. Hope it isn't;-):-)
Old 14-01-2012, 00:22   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
It was a potential diversion that we would of got. But had to sell to raise funds for injection of cash required. So now it's back and even wider then before through our drive, we cut the hawthorn bushes back, to ensure you don't scratch yourself. It was that wide in 1960. But is it in the right place as it was now. For those who are 60ish I'm sure you know. As other locals who are helpful say it may well not be. Hope it isn't;-):-)
Lord of high Riley I prefer.
Old 14-01-2012, 00:32   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Not before time . And they should make him reinstate the original footpath
Done hope this makes you very happy. But is the original as the know how's say it is. Sean the enforcement officer is a really nice and helpful man. Just like I am. Only death to my animals, and dangerous dog **** that could now appear on the alleged original
footpath. The laurels and the small snicket through our drive, was in fact way to narrow ? It as to be 12 foot wide and it wasn't so for now we have opened it up and given the walkers the full width of the drive for now
Old 14-01-2012, 00:41   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When you seek to antagonise people, as he does, it invariably provokes negative feelings directed against you.

This is not a good thing to do because thoughts are more powerful than you think.
Only certain type disrespectfulls antegonise me but mainly my wife as it's her professional operation and there her champion winning horses. To all horse lovers have a look. The one that spooked and is now in a bad way, is not very funny, to sum it may be!
Old 14-01-2012, 00:43   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingwoman View Post
As i said small minds.............
Your field lane is back in.
Old 14-01-2012, 00:46   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
The aim of the footpath disruption has always been to stop people using it, when in its original position it was hidden from the house Mr Foy" occupies" by virtue of it being behind a hedge and at the far side of what he calls his drive so why change its position if you are not suffering from Lord of the Manor syndrome
Lord of high Riley I prefer
Old 14-01-2012, 00:51   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Public footpaths are legal rights of way and a land owner cannot do what he wants with them. If he has built a driveway on a public footpath then that part of his drive is still a public right of way.
Keep with in the boundaries the law says.correct re driveway
Old 14-01-2012, 00:54   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Ignore Foy - he's just posting a load of old rubbish. Just walk where you want, with you want and do what you want as long as you're on the public footpath.
Who's Foy don't know him you I'll mannered human. Plenty of tea leafs up there!
Old 14-01-2012, 03:35   #254
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
Keep with in the boundaries the law says.correct re driveway
Correct ish yes
Old 14-01-2012, 07:52   #255
Senior Member+

Thank You Mr Foy for reinstating the footpath. Please do not tar all dog owners with the same brush. I am really sorry for the loss of one of your animals and for your horse that has been spooked. I am sure responsible dog owners would agree with me. Responsible dog owners would always put their dogs on leads going through property with livestock.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..