Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2010, 20:45   #196

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think you forgot to answer my question in response to your post below

Unless I missed your answer in all the blurb on this thread
hi, when the 2 guys came to see me and educate me re the dangers off having horse manure too close to a river, they said it runs into nothing of a serious nature and sort of decipitated( not to sure if thats the correct spelling) which i presume is underground, ie water soaks in to the ground, hope that answers your question, they have never been back, i also had to put some defence supports in like they do on the bankings off motorways.
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2010, 20:47   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
hi, when the 2 guys came to see me and educate me re the dangers off having horse manure too close to a river, they said it runs into nothing of a serious nature and sort of decipitated( not to sure if thats the correct spelling) which i presume is underground, ie water soaks in to the ground, hope that answers your question, they have never been back, i also had to put some defence supports in like they do on the bankings off motorways.
furthermore if they or i am wrong please correct me and i will undertake further action.Rob
Old 30-10-2011, 20:13   #198
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
Council is now on his case with the environment agency to get it shifted,as said in previous post introducing contaminants into water courses is never good "decapitated" or not
Old 30-10-2011, 21:22   #199
Senior Member+

Not before time . And they should make him reinstate the original footpath
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 14:07   #200
Senior Member+

Walked through Spire Farm this afternoon. The Pile of horse manure is still blocking his unofficial footpath.

Last edited by Neil; 01-11-2011 at 06:51.
Old 31-10-2011, 17:06   #201
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Not before time . And they should make him reinstate the original footpath
Quote:
Walked through Spire Farm this afternoon. The Pile of horse manure is still blocking his unofficial footpath.
The footpath is due to moved back to its original line before to much longer, as the field that it was moved into has been bought by a different person. Although the pile of manure still is rhfoys responsibility and as i said council and environmental health are on his case..As you say about time

Last edited by Neil; 01-11-2011 at 07:03.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 21:30   #202
Senior Member+

I believe that Tom Jackson has or is buying the field on condition that Foy reinstates the footpath
Old 08-01-2012, 18:15   #203

Work will commence wednesday11th jan 2012.
It is true that when mr rhfoy sold the fields to a nice local farmer we agreed to reopen the existing prow. It is also correct that the Lancashire council have wrote to me telling me to get it done.it will be open for the public only on foot,but I'm sorry to inform you that due to the requests of the council to return it to a past state,and the need to come through my front drive,that any animals including dogs are not permitted. May I also make you aware that without prior permission the taking of photographs of our home,stables and land is not permitted.

I am very sad that I have to take this decision, but due to the puerile attitude of a few,they have spoilt it for the other 99% . I am still prepared to sit down with the respectful people of accrington, and discuss this very sad situation.
Old 08-01-2012, 18:24   #204

The manure heap is staying put. Be very careful what you post. It is incorrect that the enviro department have instructed me in any regard. If you know so much about nowt, why doesnt your walk determine were that minute overflow stream goes too. The facts are what I have told you ! So instead of bag washing put some facts on here !
The muck heap as your vernacular describes it,is in fact not on an unofficial footpath. If it bothers you that much, close your eyes on the way through, or even better don't botherwalking through our grounds !
Old 08-01-2012, 18:26   #205

This is being done for you w/c 9th january 2012
Old 08-01-2012, 18:29   #206

Quote:
Get your facts right or don't post.it's on my land and is staying there. The only change you will see next wk is this. The quality soil it as produced will be used elsewhere, so it could well be halved for now
Old 08-01-2012, 18:30   #207

Quote:
I believe that Tom Jackson has or is buying the field on condition that Foy reinstates the footpath
See below to your quote
Old 08-01-2012, 18:31   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
The footpath is due to moved back to its original line before to much longer, as the field that it was moved into has been bought by a different person. Although the pile of manure still is rhfoys responsibility and as i said council and environmental health are on his case..As you say about time
See post 204 for my/our reply
Old 10-01-2012, 17:15   #209
Senior Member+

So are we saying (not been keeping up with this thread) if I wish to walk on the "public" footpath past spire farm and I have my dogs with me I wont be allowed?

can I ask how will this be enforced / restricted?

Also you mention photo's will not be allowed to be taken, can I also ask how this will be enforced especially if taken from the "public" footpath.

Reason I ask is sometimes I may walk up that way with my dogs and camera.
Old 10-01-2012, 19:57   #210
Senior Member+

Watch it , can you not read its NOT allowed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..