Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2012, 08:43   #256

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Thank You Mr Foy for reinstating the footpath. Please do not tar all dog owners with the same brush. I am really sorry for the loss of one of your animals and for your horse that has been spooked. I am sure responsible dog owners would agree with me. Responsible dog owners would always put their dogs on leads going through property with livestock.
Thank you for your respects. Have a nice day
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2012, 08:50   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Correct ish yes
Surprised you didn't correct me, like I had..I was awaiting it !
Old 14-01-2012, 09:03   #258

Quote:
I think it would be nice if we went for an AccyWeb dog walking afternoon one Sunday. Anyone know of anywhere we go hold it?
There is a great walk down a lane near that house that some think is a castle,but isn't really, he put a great new road in for us, he also ensured the path was the best it had ever been. Then some know it alls,starting complaint to the prow at the councill as the wanted the old road back.sadly because certain puerile folk old and new thought it is beneath them to pick the dog poo and put their dogs on a leash. So after a part of the family (and that's what animals are as animal owners know) mrs Foy what that distressed we had to do what any normal human would do.
Anyway it's a lovely day for walking the dog. Have a nice day.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:08   #259
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
It was a potential diversion that we would of got. But had to sell to raise funds for injection of cash required. So now it's back and even wider then before through our drive, we cut the hawthorn bushes back, to ensure you don't scratch yourself. It was that wide in 1960. But is it in the right place as it was now. For those who are 60ish I'm sure you know. As other locals who are helpful say it may well not be. Hope it isn't;-):-)
Dear Lord of high Riley/ Spire Farm thanks for the footpath works jolly decent of you, but if you had just left it where it was in the first place you would not have had to go through all this rigmarole.Nobody including footpath officers had complained about its width position etc , but never mind alls well that ends well. Noticed you had a good bonfire yesterday hope you had some spuds in.

ps.were you a little pished when posting last night/ this morning?
Old 14-01-2012, 09:15   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Dear Lord of high Riley/ Spire Farm thanks for the footpath works jolly decent of you, but if you had just left it where it was in the first place you would not have had to go through all this rigmarole.Nobody including footpath officers had complained about its width position etc , but never mind alls well that ends well. Noticed you had a good bonfire yesterday hope you had some spuds in.

There was going to be a huge new barn build on the land were the diversion was going to be,ie next to the new lane. The prow would of been transferred approx- 3 foot(300mm).
That now hasn't happened! So we are back to a wider path for now than it was previous. So enjoy the walk
Old 14-01-2012, 09:16   #261
Senior Member+

Quote:
There was going to be a huge new barn build on the land were the diversion was going to be,ie next to the new lane. The prow would of been transferred approx- 3 foot(300mm).
That now hasn't happened! So we are back to a wider path for now than it was previous. So enjoy the walk
Thanks again well done
Old 14-01-2012, 09:18   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post

No tea coffee all night. I had a kip at 7pm then couldn't get back off. So I thought Id have a look on .
Old 14-01-2012, 09:21   #263
Senior Member+

I dont correct people on their posts as I have done it myself
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 09:22   #264
Senior Member+

To much caffeine is a bad thing Mr Foy , try to relax a little and take things easy without the stimulants. Hope you can now sort out the rest of your project as quickly and tidily as you have done the footpath issue.
Old 14-01-2012, 13:36   #265
Beacon of light

Isn't it lovely when things work out and folks are pleasant with one another?
I would give you all some Karma....but I am all Karma'd out at present. I will put it on the 'to do' list.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:31   #266
God Member

Quote:
So we are back to a wider path for now than it was previous. So enjoy the walk
Will make a point of walking that way next time I'm over in Accy -haven't been up there in about 30 yrs...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 20:25   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Isn't it lovely when things work out and folks are pleasant with one another?
I would give you all some Karma....but I am all Karma'd out at present. I will put it on the 'to do' list.
Hello Margaret.
I couldn't agree more. I've learnt from it !. A lot of it was people second guessing, and me being to head strong at times. When animals start getting savaged and horses finishing up at leahurst animal hospital in Liverpool, and my wife is so distraught she can't pull herself together then I have to act. Most of my anger was and still is channeled at the morons who didn't do as we asked, I.e. Put your dog on a lead whilst you pass through approx- 300yards of our grounds. Sadly even today I requested that a mature man 50 ish put his dog on a lead. It was off the the track and running around the field, his response was, why should I. What happened next is between me and him.
Old 14-01-2012, 20:35   #268
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Some dog owners are just ignorant and stupid.

I hope you reminded him that you are well within your right to shoot his dog if it is bothering your horses.

My dog is always on her lead when on footpaths in fields.

You could ask your contact at LCC to put up these signs at either side of your property on the path. They may even send you the signs if you offer to put a couple of posts up and attach them for them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120113_154405.jpg (503.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 14-01-2012, 20:40   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingwoman View Post
Have none of you got anything better to do than worry about what's going on at Spire Farm, it has jack all to do with any of you. You all need to grow up and get a life and show some respect!!! If it bothers you that much DON'T USE IT!!!!!
Small minds...............
They have a right to know if their right to walk unhindered are affected, but as you say the other alleged problems are our concerns only ! Thanks for your respects x
Old 14-01-2012, 20:47   #270

Quote:
Some dog owners are just ignorant and stupid.

I hope you reminded him that you are well within your right to shoot his dog if it is bothering your horses.

My dog is always on her lead when on footpaths in fields.

You could ask your contact at LCC to put up these signs at either side of your property on the path. They may even send you the signs if you offer to put a couple of posts up and attach them for them.
Thank you Neil. The police at accy were sorting these for me. But with the current problems, and shrinking police force they haven't had time. Thanks for the sign suggestion. I will be doing this but I need to get some sort of CCTV recording in place as they keep getting torn down. I will speak to planning and see what I can put up. One small wireless camera should hopefully do the job.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..