Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2012, 17:12   #286
Senior Member+

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
True Colours of course he showed them in the altercation with the dog walker
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2012, 17:17   #287
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Think my last post went right over his head?
Ahh, True Colours!!....At first I thought. uh?...Girls Just Wanna Have Fun?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 17:19   #288
Senior Member+

Nah he just wants to spoil everyones fun.
Old 01-02-2012, 18:22   #289

this story sounds totally feasible. i would suggest those in glass houses dont throw stones. theres plenty of dirt to be spread if thats the way you want to go.
sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:31   #290
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock holmes View Post
this story sounds totally feasible. i would suggest those in glass houses dont throw stones. theres plenty of dirt to be spread if thats the way you want to go.
Welcome to AccyWeb, although I could never pit my wits against the super sleuth in Sir Arthur's stories I have a sneaky feeling you are here on a mission, straight on site, straight into this thread did not enter go, (go by the way, is the introduce yourself thread, that is where all genuine new members get a warm AccyWeb welcome).
I do hope while you are here you will avail yourself of the many other interesting threads on site, once again, welcome to the site, Chuck.

Last edited by Less; 01-02-2012 at 18:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:15   #291
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock holmes View Post
Sherlock Holmes-man of mystery indeed!
This thread had 288 posts on it before yours.
So pretend I'm Dr Watson and please explain-
1. Which bit of this long saga sounds totally feasable.
2.Where were greenhouses mentioned?
3.By 'plenty of dirt to be spread' are you talking about the manure pile or something more scented?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 19:46   #292

wow he can count!!!
sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 20:29   #293

I have just spent over 30 mins reading this now silly thread...I think I got to page 7 or 8 before I gave up and jumped to the end page.
Mr Moderator/Admin I think you should have closed this thread months ago. It started with some great facts and pics about an old Accy establishment then turned into a debacle of Ego's and insults, and I for one dont want to read that sort of talk.
I joined the Web for interesting facts about everything ACCY....so lose this thread and lets start again before you lose members.

Phil
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 20:47   #294
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
I have just spent over 30 mins reading this now silly thread...I think I got to page 7 or 8 before I gave up and jumped to the end page.
Mr Moderator/Admin I think you should have closed this thread months ago. It started with some great facts and pics about an old Accy establishment then turned into a debacle of Ego's and insults, and I for one dont want to read that sort of talk.
I joined the Web for interesting facts about everything ACCY....so lose this thread and lets start again before you lose members.

Phil

Dear Phil,

I am sure we have lots of threads that wont interest you, would you like me to close them all so we dont lose members?

Regards,

Mr Mod
Old 09-02-2012, 21:17   #295
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Phil
Well Phil, yeh made only 28 posts in just oer 3 years, so yeh wouldn't be much of a loss.
Old 12-02-2012, 17:13   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Dear Phil,

I am sure we have lots of threads that wont interest you, would you like me to close them all so we dont lose members?

Regards,

Mr Mod
Dear Mod,
I didn't say it didn't interest me, I found it very informative AT THE BEGINNING, about the history of the farm and area, and Mr Foy only wanted some feedback about his restoration. It was when it got into slanging matches and nasty comments that the thread lost its appeal and when the moderator should have stepped in.
And Cashman...well!!!!!

Phil
Old 12-02-2012, 18:00   #297
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Dear Mod,
I didn't say it didn't interest me, I found it very informative AT THE BEGINNING, about the history of the farm and area, and Mr Foy only wanted some feedback about his restoration. It was when it got into slanging matches and nasty comments that the thread lost its appeal and when the moderator should have stepped in.
And Cashman...well!!!!!

Phil
Well what? Did i lie or make a libelous comment? Or was it truthful? As far as i'm concerned, this is most popular/active local forum ive come across, But every now n then it seems get people like you,who can tell the Mods/Members how it could be better. Well me fer one- those people brass me off, If it aint broke,it don't need fixing, Put that in yer pipe n smoke it.
Old 12-02-2012, 18:29   #298

"this is most popular/active local forum ive come across"

Dont spoil it then.....
Old 12-02-2012, 18:32   #299
Senior Member+

Has anyone been through Spire Farm recently. We went through at the weekend when Mr Foy had done his alterations as requested by the footpaths office. It was very muddy as could be expected with his machines and all the rain. Someday I hope that the path will be dried up and a pleasant walk again.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:06   #300
Senior Member+

Yes but be fairhe has not finished the job yet

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..