Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 21:05   #181

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quite a lot of farm land was separated when that bypass was built, Greenfield Farm disappeared, Slate pits farm had an underpass built, and numerous foot paths were diverted or blocked altogether.

Retlaw.
thank you retlaw for your help again!!
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2010, 17:00   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise A Foy
Knew new, to too, their there, is his, what does it matter???
Quote:
Just for the record, spelling and grammar are ignored now when marking exam papers.
The Importance of Correct Punctuation
-unknown

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Gloria

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:03   #183
Full Member+

Just when you thought it was safe to log on to Accy Web again the "Spire Farm Development" thread rears its head once more!!! The best soap opera since Eldorado!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 17:35   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to log on to Accy Web again the "Spire Farm Development" thread rears its head once more!!! The best soap opera since Eldorado!!
hi Steve, i will not be making anymore comments with regards these type of postings, as i said to retlaw these have distracted from the initial posting. Rob
Old 17-12-2010, 18:09   #185
Full Member+

Sorry, I was being a bit of a cheeky sod when I posted that. Still trying to work out how it all got so crazy! Think we should take a leaf from the soldiers in WW1 and one of us throw a football into nomansland!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 20:34   #186
I am Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I was being a bit of a cheeky sod when I posted that. Still trying to work out how it all got so crazy! Think we should take a leaf from the soldiers in WW1 and one of us throw a football into nomansland!!
This is an example of how threads of how threads go crazy
How to change a light bulb

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

Fourteeen then share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

Seven then caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

Mod moves it to the Lighting section

Two then argue to move it to the Electricals section

Seven then point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

Five go on to flame the spell checkers

Three argue to correct spelling/grammar flames

Six argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid

Two industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

Fifteen know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

Nineteen then post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

Eleven try defending the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

Thirty Six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

Seven then post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

Four then post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

Three then post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

Thirteen link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

Four say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

One forum lurker responds to the original post 6 months from now and will start it all over again

The above is a typlical example of what happens to most threads on Accy Web.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 21:56   #187

eyes to the right ? eyes to the left ? retlaw you must have the patience off a saint, wow !!!
Old 17-12-2010, 22:06   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
The Importance of Correct Punctuation
-unknown

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Gloria
i dont quite follow this as its either very deep or clever? maybe its on a plaque in the dungeon? please advise. :-)
Old 17-12-2010, 22:18   #189

Quote:
i didnt see it as being cheeky, i read it as he has a point.
Old 17-12-2010, 22:22   #190

Quote:
This is an example of how threads of how threads go crazy
How to change a light bulb

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

Fourteeen then share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

Seven then caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

Mod moves it to the Lighting section

Two then argue to move it to the Electricals section

Seven then point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

Five go on to flame the spell checkers

Three argue to correct spelling/grammar flames

Six argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid

Two industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

Fifteen know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

Nineteen then post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

Eleven try defending the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

Thirty Six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

Seven then post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

Four then post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

Three then post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

Thirteen link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

Four say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

One forum lurker responds to the original post 6 months from now and will start it all over again.

The above is a typlical example of what happens to most threads on Accy Web.
Retlaw
do you think i shouldnt have bothered doing my original posting? and secondly do you think i have been silly in some of my own postings? retlaw? i love constructive criticism !!! as i feel it improves my attitude.
Old 17-12-2010, 22:35   #191
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
do you think i shouldnt have bothered doing my original posting? and secondly do you think i have been silly in some of my own postings? retlaw? i love constructive criticism !!! as i feel it improves my attitude.
Mate, everyone can post pretty much what they want as long as it's not offensive, demeaning or abusive & you play the game, get yourself across to other threads & don't just bury yourself in this one about your Farm.

As to the Punctuation thing from *Yerself* Think it was more aimed at your Sisters comment :-

In that depending on where you punctuate the context changes & the sentence reads differently. Basics really, but hey, on here most spelling & punctuation flies against the norm. People will either accept it, or on occasion have a prod at it or the Author. No Worries
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 10:16   #192
I am Banned

Quote:
You did what you thought was right, and you now have a lot of history of the site, don't let detractors bother you, they appear on most web sites, and seem to enjoy baiting people, every circus has to have its clowns, just laugh at them.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 17:19   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Mate, everyone can post pretty much what they want as long as it's not offensive, demeaning or abusive & you play the game, get yourself across to other threads & don't just bury yourself in this one about your Farm.

As to the Punctuation thing from *Yerself* Think it was more aimed at your Sisters comment :-

In that depending on where you punctuate the context changes & the sentence reads differently. Basics really, but hey, on here most spelling & punctuation flies against the norm. People will either accept it, or on occasion have a prod at it or the Author. No Worries
all advise and ind- comments i have digested, i take on board what you have quoted re other threads, i am a member off many more forums so due too time restrictions sadly this doesnt happen,
Old 18-12-2010, 17:21   #194

Quote:
You did what you thought was right, and you now have a lot of history of the site, don't let detractors bother you, they appear on most web sites, and seem to enjoy baiting people, every circus has to have its clowns, just laugh at them.
Retlaw.
as always retlaw thank you for your advise.Rob.
Old 18-12-2010, 19:28   #195
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I think you forgot to answer my question in response to your post below

Quote:
5, the enviroment have been to see me re the manure mound, and unlike you are very relaxed with it, as the small stream is leads to no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How can a stream lead to nowhere?

Unless I missed your answer in all the blurb on this thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..