Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2012, 14:01   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Licence's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
however it's only for the thick skinned
or just thick
Old 15-10-2012, 14:12   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I think the law states that If you own equipment that Is capable of receiving live TV broadcasts you are required to buy a license,
Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949 ?
the Communications Act 2003 ?
The Broadcasting Act 1990 ?

statutory offenses ,Not crimes they can be beaten before court ( but thats a whole new thread)
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 14:19   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Technically your meant to have a TV licence if you have any equipment including phones that you can watch TV programs on. That is what it says on the form for TV licence information!
I just tell them to Go away and close the door if they knock, they seem to have got the message
Old 15-10-2012, 14:22   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don't have an Ariel but still have to pay my TV Licence so that's no excuse
They seem to have excepted it so maybe it is or maybe it's because i told them my tv's are only for CCTV
Old 15-10-2012, 14:46   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
If you are such an anarchist, do you pay your rent/mortgage, council tax, utility bills etc? If not are you not very cold and living in a tent or squat? You have to be able to stand by your principles or they are meaningless.
In the eighties I did the poll tax protest to the point where I beat the bailiffs but was about to be sent to prison, by which time the poll tax had been withdrawn and I agreed to pay a nominal amount. I was protesting about a principle which I genuinely felt was wrong (but knew how far I was prepared to go, call me a coward for not following it through to the end but I cared more about my children's wellbeing.) I'm actually proud of the fact that I was part of overturning an unjust system.
I don't think that you can just not pay your TV licence because you don't want to, if you genuinely don't agree sort out a proper protest, don't rely on the people who appear in Court for non payment who usually have more personal rather than political reasons for non payment.
I think you may be looking for a cause to protest against which you have not found. You can't rebel for the sake of it.

anarchist???? me,,, NEVER,,,,,,, we all choose our own level of freedom
" I'm actually proud of the fact that I was part of overturning an unjust system" Good on you,so you should be its just a shame you was bullied(I know how far I'm prepared to go)

i pay my rent, i pay nowt for council tax and water an i'm working on the electric+gas company
Old 15-10-2012, 14:52   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
or just thick

are you insinuating i'm in need of remedial education
Old 15-10-2012, 15:19   #37
God Member

I have just watched a few youtube videos of people having visits from the TV licensing people. It wasn't pretty viewing.

There is no way that I could endure that hassle.

It reminds me of the sort of hassle that car clampers used to dish out and get away with.

I have said that I will not replace or repair my TV if it ever broke, but I can see that even if there is no longer a TV on my premises I would still get hassled. I do not take kindly to strange men on my doorstep trying to persuade me to let them in to search for a TV.

Frequently recently on other forums I have seen people declare that they will no longer pay a licence which has been used to finance child abuse. There may well be a developing problem in this regard.

I can forsee a possibility that the BBC may well cease to exist in its present form.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 15:32   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Frequently recently on other forums I have seen people declare that they will no longer pay a licence which has been used to finance child abuse. There may well be a developing problem in this regard.

I can forsee a possibility that the BBC may well cease to exist in its present form.
Agreed
Old 15-10-2012, 16:56   #39
JFT96

Quote:
i pay my rent, i pay nowt for council tax and water an i'm working on the electric+gas company
Okay we have had the Council Tax discussion before, why not Water? and Gas and Electric?
Surely you have fresh water piped to your home and the waste taken away. Some people would and do die for that.
So what makes you different

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 17:05   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Okay we have had the Council Tax discussion before, why not Water? and Gas and Electric?
Surely you have fresh water piped to your home and the waste taken away. Some people would and do die for that.
So what makes you different

I had it out with united utilities months ago asking for evidence etc,heard nowt since so i assume they excepted it as a legal argument(still got the letter somewhere)

Gas and Electric? still working on them there abit more tricky
Old 15-10-2012, 17:46   #41
I am Banned

What is a licence?
permission to commit what would otherwise be classed a crime?
Old 15-10-2012, 17:59   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I had it out with united utilities months ago asking for evidence etc,heard nowt since so i assume they excepted it as a legal argument(still got the letter somewhere)

Gas and Electric? still working on them there abit more tricky
Whilst utility prices are scandalous, (Another argument) Scumbags that refuse to pay em,make it more expensive fer decent people imho. And scumbags that boast about not paying are even worse.

Last edited by cashman; 15-10-2012 at 18:04.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 18:06   #43
JFT96

nicely said cashy.

Chris why do you think you don't have to pay for water to be piped to your house and sewage to be treated?
also why do you think you are entitled to piped gas and electric?

I truly am interested, these are things some people would die for yet you feel you are above paying

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 18:20   #44
Senior Member+

If you want to say again that money doesn't really exist then you can put a load in a big bag and hand it to me. I will recycle it for you

I saw a video on youtube. Want to them to go away. Take a video camera to the door with you. Watch them run
Old 15-10-2012, 19:15   #45
Beacon of light

If you take a service then you should pay for it..if you don't, then you are robbing people who may be poorer than you.
As someone has said in a previous post, we have had this discussion with your previous alter Ego.
Why should you be allowed to have a free ride? It costs money for Gas and electricty to be produced and piped/cabled to your home...the same with your water supply, unless you tell me that you collect rainwater and bathe in that(which I do not for one minute believe) Anyone who doesn't pay is a freeloader...you certainly should not be proud of that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

« legit | Satelite TV »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..