Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2012, 19:23   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Licence's

Freeloader aint the word i use.
Old 15-10-2012, 19:50   #47
Beacon of light

Cashy, I was being polite. It is how I am.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 21:07   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, I was being polite. It is how I am.
I know. Though the word i used is pretty polite fer me.
Old 16-10-2012, 00:02   #49
I am Banned

i've paid these companys thousands over the years so i'm not exactly a freeloader more riding the wave of my contributions

I could tell you that For near enough the whole time that I have been at this address I have bought water filters and cartridges (at considerable expense to myself) in an attempt to purify the sub standard product that United Utilities provides BUT I became aware that this does not remove fluoride from the water.
I could tell you that Since becoming aware of the ineffectiveness of these filters I have had to purchase fluoride free bottled water (at considerable expense to myself ) and that Currently my weekly expenditure on bottled water is in excess of £15, as i'm not prepared to use tap water for drinking or food preparation and that with said costs i cant contribute to there caribbean island retirement fund anymore. I could also tell you i'm aware that the fluoride UU add may be absorbed through our skin particularly when the water temperature is such that the pores are opened thus we are also being supplied with water unfit for personal hygiene

1.try write to UU and ask for evidence that they are not medicating you and your family by adding chemical additives to your water or
2.write and ask for evidence that the fluoride they add to our water supply is not a bi-product of the agro-chemical industry and therefore deemed as industrial waste,
are there are any benefits to us from this chlorined/fluorided water supply?

SURELY SOMEONE HAS DONE A WATER THREAD?
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 00:16   #50
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post909799

There is no fluoride added to the water in Hyndburn
http://www.wmaf.org.uk/userfiles/Map...and%202002.pdf

I filter out the chlorine and (unfortunately) the naturally occurring minerals - so if you filter, you need to make sure you get minerals other ways.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 00:56   #51
God Member

This thread may interest you too

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...rby-50563.html
Old 16-10-2012, 06:19   #52
JFT96

So Chris, lets get this straight, you have decided not to purchase water that is delivered to your tap. The why is not important, although you avoided the issue by giving us a long winded one, I take it you don't want United Utilities taking away your waste water and processing it.
So in that case why don't you ask yo have your water and sewerage cut off. If you are that concerned why not drill a well.

Now on to your Gas and electric, you still have not answered this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 06:47   #53
Beacon of light

And do you use this bottled, flouride free water to wash in.........and flush your toilet, to wash your clothes in???
Chirs do us a favour and credit us with some intelligence. If you do not pay for services (but use any part of that service) then you are a sponger, a free loader......and you are stealing money from the rest of your community. Rather than coming on here and trumpeting about it, you should be hanging your head in shame .

Frankly, I do not care how much you have paid in the past(why should it matter now,you paid for what you used then).....it is irrelevant....you have to pay for what you use....do you steal from Tesco and Asda too?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 07:29   #54
I am Banned

Why do these taxes like the TV licence,Rod licence etc get away with calling themselves a licence?
Old 16-10-2012, 07:46   #55
JFT96

why don't you answer questions put to you.

Well said Marg.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 16-10-2012 at 07:49.
Old 16-10-2012, 07:49   #56
I am Banned

I would be prepared to pay for the service of providing myself with clean, healthy, fresh drinking water, free of all toxic substances as long as United Utilities are prepared to prove the condition of the water to My Satisfaction.( thats My Satisfaction not theres, nor anyone else's after all I am the one who has to drink there sludge However the amount i'd pay would be by necessity.

services are'nt the topic,,,please try and stay on topic
Old 16-10-2012, 07:51   #57
JFT96

no you are refusing to pay for a service, end of. if you do not want it you should have it cut off.
the simple fact you have not done this means you are a sponger.

Old 16-10-2012, 08:15   #58
I am Banned

Top and bottom of it is There's No lawfully-binding contract between me and UU,,,,,And if they don't want to contract with me but still provide a service it's fine ,,,i dom't think that they have the right to cut your water off (unless your property is unoccupied)
Old 16-10-2012, 08:39   #59
God Member

They do have the right to reduce supply to a trickle.
I suspect that it hasn't happened already because you share a common supply pipe with neighbours.

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-10-2012 at 08:44.
Old 16-10-2012, 09:20   #60
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
services are'nt the topic,,,please try and stay on topic
Well you were the one who brought it up... post 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
i pay my rent, i pay nowt for council tax and water an i'm working on the electric+gas company

« legit | Satelite TV »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..