Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 14:30   #1
I am Banned

Question Licence's

I was flicking through a local paper the other day (think it was the observer) and i was amazed at the amount of folk before the bench for tv licence evasion(half a page)

A quick search on youtube turned up loads of folk who when contacted by TVL company simply say go way(for a choice of better words)

c'mon be honest,how many folk pay these jokers? As you can prob guess i don't buy into there bull for 1min
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2012, 14:46   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Licence's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
I was flicking through a local paper the other day (think it was the observer) and i was amazed at the amount of folk before the bench for tv licence evasion(half a page)

A quick search on youtube turned up loads of folk who when contacted by TVL company simply say go way(for a choice of better words)

c'mon be honest,how many folk pay these jokers? As you can prob guess i don't buy into there bull for 1min
We've been there discussed that, don't like the T'shirt you're wearing, (yawn), no doubt you can work the search button but can't be bothered.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 15:00   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
We've been there discussed that, don't like the T'shirt you're wearing, (yawn), no doubt you can work the search button but can't be bothered.
Accyweb has prob discussed a whole range of subjects in the past less (yawn) ....Just answer the question if you can be bothered,i assume your a payer
Old 12-10-2012, 15:06   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
Accyweb has prob discussed a whole range of subjects in the past less (yawn) ....Just answer the question if you can be bothered,i assume your a payer
I pay for many thing's, (along with many others, I pay for this site), what's wrong with paying your way?

Why are you (only in your mind) cleverer than me because you don't pay?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 15:21   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I pay for many thing's, (along with many others, I pay for this site), what's wrong with paying your way?

Why are you (only in your mind) cleverer than me because you don't pay?
cleverer than you were have i said that? (assumptions)
i actually think you're quite intelligent sometimes even humorous

Nothing wrong with paying things in life (unless it's a bull**** licence you don't have to pay for)
Old 12-10-2012, 18:06   #6

I would pay to have people learn how to use apostrophes ...
Old 12-10-2012, 21:38   #7
Senior Member+

Didn't a guy called Chris start a thread with this subject matter earlier this year?

At least with the BBC we don't get god awful TV adverts every 10 mins. Compare Eastenders to Corrie - you get much more for your money with Eastenders as it's a solid 30mins - Corrie is basically approx 2 - 12 minute segments.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 21:43   #8
Senior Member+

he missed the H out of where rather than missing the ' out of we're...which would be wrong too because then he would be saying "we are have I said that?"

/GrammarnNazi
Old 12-10-2012, 21:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I would pay to have people learn how to use apostrophes ...
I agree, does my head in, comes from being taught by nuns I'm sure!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:06   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Didn't a guy called Chris start a thread with this subject matter earlier this year?
Yeh may be getting warm yon.
Old 12-10-2012, 22:56   #11

If you are such an anarchist, do you pay your rent/mortgage, council tax, utility bills etc? If not are you not very cold and living in a tent or squat? You have to be able to stand by your principles or they are meaningless.
In the eighties I did the poll tax protest to the point where I beat the bailiffs but was about to be sent to prison, by which time the poll tax had been withdrawn and I agreed to pay a nominal amount. I was protesting about a principle which I genuinely felt was wrong (but knew how far I was prepared to go, call me a coward for not following it through to the end but I cared more about my children's wellbeing.) I'm actually proud of the fact that I was part of overturning an unjust system.
I don't think that you can just not pay your TV licence because you don't want to, if you genuinely don't agree sort out a proper protest, don't rely on the people who appear in Court for non payment who usually have more personal rather than political reasons for non payment.
I think you may be looking for a cause to protest against which you have not found. You can't rebel for the sake of it.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:01   #12
God Member

My Tv often doesn't get switched for days on end and the few programmes I want to see I could watch later on my computer, so I am tempted to get rid of my TV and stop paying -

BUT I know that I would be harassed so am meekly paying up. I console myself that the fee also pays for Radio 4extra which I enjoy.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:08   #13
Senior Member+

You don't need a TV licence if you don't watch live broadcasts.
Old 12-10-2012, 23:13   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
You don't need a TV licence if you don't watch live broadcasts.
I know, but they think all us housebound pensioners spend their days watching Jeremy Kyle, so I would get pestered
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:14   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My Tv often doesn't get switched for days on end and the few programmes I want to see I could watch later on my computer, so I am tempted to get rid of my TV and stop paying -

BUT I know that I would be harassed so am meekly paying up. I console myself that the fee also pays for Radio 4extra which I enjoy.
Only another five and a bit years before you get a free one Marg!

« legit | Satelite TV »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..