Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2005, 13:13   #61
white rabbits

Re: Close Encounters of the ghostly kind?

oh slinky ,i am cracking up laughing at your posts ,,i hope i am not being rude ,,i just think you are very funny
Old 28-03-2005, 13:23   #62
white rabbits

after reading all the posts again maybe i was being rude ,,,sorry slinky, ,i have a warped sense of humour and i tend to put my mouth in motion before my brains are in gear ....
Old 28-03-2005, 16:13   #63
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
I had a dream one night that my sister had something to tell me, she rang me asking me to go down to see her, but i said come to me.Well the next morning my sister turned up and said i have something to tell you.I knew what she was going to say before she said it,she was gobsacked when i said to her you're pregnant are'nt you. Then i told her about my dream.

Another time was when one morning i kept getting a feeling that an old lady i kept in touch with had died, i could not get it out of my head.In the end i had to go to see her to check that she was ok. When i got to her flat her grandson was talking to one of her neighbors and a hurst was driving on to the street, it was then i knew she had died, if i had gone to see her any earlier then i would have been the one to find, she had died in her sleep.I had a key to her flat. Maybe i was not the person who was meant to find her. I am a big believer in fate.
ive had quite a lot of dreams like this of late aswel.
Takersbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 22:15   #64

my family still live in accy and the house they live in has had strange things. my sister has woke up afew times with an old man sat at the end of her bed. i woke one night and saw a lassie stood at the end of my bed then faded away after about 5 seconds. radio lancashire has a spot on at about 00.15 weekdays . it's about supernatural lancashire.
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 22:21   #65
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly
radio lancashire has a spot on at about 00.15 weekdays . it's about supernatural lancashire.
Thanks Folly, I'd like to hear that.... Can you give us an Idea where your old house was?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 22:39   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Thanks Folly, I'd like to hear that.... Can you give us an Idea where your old house was?

I will also try to remember to tune in for that folly cheers.

Doug did you know one of the houses on Crossley Grove was haunted? I'm asking then I know how long the story has been going.
Old 01-04-2005, 22:44   #67
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I will also try to remember to tune in for that folly cheers.

Doug did you know one of the houses on Crossley Grove was haunted? I'm asking then I know how long the story has been going.
Just how old do you think I'm Tinkers..lol Yes I remember tell of Crossley Grove's haunted house. I don't really recall much about it. I'd like to know if anyone as the story.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-04-2005, 22:53   #68
God Member

Quote:
Just how old do you think I'm Tinkers..lol Yes I remember tell of Crossley Grove's haunted house. I don't really recall much about it. I'd like to know if anyone as the story.

I wasn't insinuating you were old chuck

It was friends of mine that was living in it till yesterday, No. 4. Tina a fully grown woman hasn't slept in her bed for the 12 months she's been living there she was napping on the settee for a couple of hours at a time when she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. The tales they've told me!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 22:54   #69

my mum and dad live oposite the grave yard on burnley rd. i only found the program as i do changeovers at carnforth, just to see what's happening in lancashire. the stories are partly from a book called supernatural lancashire. have'nt managed to get my mitt's on it yet
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 23:03   #70
Junior Member+

My daughter was born, two weeks after my mother died. Then when my daughter was only about a month old and in her pram in the garden I suddenly felt her presence and knew she had come to see her Grandaughter. A year passed and i went upstairs to see my daughter and saw my mothers face in the cot for a few seconds reverting back to my daughter! I really believe in the spirit world and feel my Mum has seen my grandaughter too! Next month my daughter gets married and I hope to feel she,s here again!
Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 23:35   #71
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly
my mum and dad live oposite the grave yard on burnley rd. i only found the program as i do changeovers at carnforth, just to see what's happening in lancashire. the stories are partly from a book called supernatural lancashire. have'nt managed to get my mitt's on it yet
I was in Burnley Road Cemetery tonight. I have to compliment HBC on its upkeep by the way……Very well ordered, clean and kept, a credit to Accrington. Folly, I have seen the book recently in St Mary’s Church opposite the Castle at Lancaster. I may pop up for a copy. Again, thank you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-04-2005, 23:41   #72
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I wasn't insinuating you were old chuck

It was friends of mine that was living in it till yesterday, No. 4. Tina a fully grown woman hasn't slept in her bed for the 12 months she's been living there she was napping on the settee for a couple of hours at a time when she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. The tales they've told me!!!
"Old chuck" your as bad as your sister you are. Chuck sounds like cluck!!!! Do I look like an ow'd chicken...........Sorry I couldn't resist......lol

Ask her if she is willing to let us in there for the night Tinks. I’d put £20 in a charity pot for a night of observance….No sad or funny “are you their” type crap. Get a half a dozen like minded soles together. Good fun with serious twist.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-04-2005, 23:43   #73
God Member

Quote:
"Old chuck" your as bad as your sister you are. Chuck sounds like cluck!!!! Do I look like an ow'd chicken...........Sorry I couldn't resist......lol

Ask her if she is willing to let us in there for the night Tinks. I’d put £20 in a charity pot for a night of observance….No sad or funny “are you their” type crap. Get a half a dozen like minded soles together. Good fun with serious twist.
God I would be up for that doug!! always said I would love to spent the night in a supposed haunted place!!!!!!!! but don't know how to go about it.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 23:44   #74
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki
My daughter was born, two weeks after my mother died. Then when my daughter was only about a month old and in her pram in the garden I suddenly felt her presence and knew she had come to see her Grandaughter. A year passed and i went upstairs to see my daughter and saw my mothers face in the cot for a few seconds reverting back to my daughter! I really believe in the spirit world and feel my Mum has seen my grandaughter too! Next month my daughter gets married and I hope to feel she,s here again!
In one way are another she will Kiki......It's a matter of free will for them as it is for us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-04-2005, 23:47   #75
Member.

Congratulations to you daughter Kiki. I wish her every success, health and wealth in her marriage.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..