Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 23:51   #76
Member.

Re: Close Encounters of the ghostly kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
God I would be up for that doug!! always said I would love to spent the night in a supposed haunted place!!!!!!!! but don't know how to go about it.
I did a night for charity at Chingle Hall some time around1986/7. What a good night, two female and two male nurses all of us pi**** and all s**t scared of everything......We saw nothing of course, but then could you blame them for staying a way.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2005, 23:55   #77
Member.

Quote:
God I would be up for that doug!! always said I would love to spent the night in a supposed haunted place!!!!!!!! but don't know how to go about it.

The lady would still have to be the key holder and it would have to be on the Q/T. HBC would frown on the bad publicity and the Church over there would be doing flips if they found out. It should be done with the greatest respect and nothing must be allowed to leave with you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-04-2005, 23:55   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
"Old chuck" your as bad as your sister you are. Chuck sounds like cluck!!!! Do I look like an ow'd chicken...........Sorry I couldn't resist......lol

Ask her if she is willing to let us in there for the night Tinks. I’d put £20 in a charity pot for a night of observance….No sad or funny “are you their” type crap. Get a half a dozen like minded soles together. Good fun with serious twist.
She's just moved yesterday Doug or I would ask her for you and Slinky, but I wouldn't be joining you !! Slinky kept asking me to ask her but it's not you that's the above mentioned chicken it's me I would honestly fill my pants in that house!!
Old 01-04-2005, 23:56   #79
God Member

Quote:
I did a night for charity at Chingle Hall some time around1986/7. What a good night, two female and two male nurses all of us pi**** and all s**t scared of everything......We saw nothing of course, but then could you blame them for staying a way.
OMG I would love to do that. Who would I talk to doug to ask about it??????

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 00:00   #80
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
She's just moved yesterday Doug or I would ask her for you and Slinky, but I wouldn't be joining you !! Slinky kept asking me to ask her but it's not you that's the above mentioned chicken it's me I would honestly fill my pants in that house!!
Cruella De Tinkerbelle my a***, you big softy Tinkerbelle. I would hold your hand Honey, so you couldn’t run away…lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-04-2005, 00:02   #81
Member.

Quote:
OMG I would love to do that. Who would I talk to doug to ask about it??????

It's now a private residance, but I'll ask around see what I can come up with. Be careful of people offering things like this. it not always what it seems....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-04-2005, 00:05   #82
God Member

Quote:
It's now a private residance, but I'll ask around see what I can come up with. Be careful of people offering things like this. it not always what it seems....
ok doug cheers!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-04-2005, 00:06   #83
God Member

Quote:
Cruella De Tinkerbelle my a***, you big softy Tinkerbelle. I would hold your hand Honey, so you couldn’t run away…lol

Point taken Doug if you promise not to make me go in that house I promise I will go and change my avatar and siggy to Tinkerbelle is a chicken and fills her pants !! Slinky couldn't get me to do it not even drunk!!
Old 02-04-2005, 00:16   #84
Member.

Quote:
Point taken Doug if you promise not to make me go in that house I promise I will go and change my avatar and siggy to Tinkerbelle is a chicken and fills her pants !! Slinky couldn't get me to do it not even drunk!!
Don’t you bloody well go changing anything, you bad enough as you are?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-04-2005, 00:17   #85
Member.

Quote:
I hope to god you don't wear a thong!!!!!!!!!!!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-04-2005, 02:09   #86
God Member

Quote:
I hope to god you don't wear a thong!!!!!!!!!!!
I would need a nappy not a thong!

That has given me an idea

As you can see with the time of this post I'm still awake, which is my biggest fear about stopping over in a haunted house, that I would be left awake all on my own to entertain the spirits while everyone else was sleeping soundly. Doug why don't you sort out a charity haunted house for like minded accywebers night at Chingle Hall if you have the details, I will be fine with the rest of the insomniacs on here I won't be alone!
Old 04-04-2005, 21:19   #87

A story about Brox Farm
When I was a teenager back in 1972 me and a few of my mates used to help Peter Strack the farmer at High Riley Farm. He also owned a farm just across the clough called the Brox Farm. This farm is situated at the top of Sandy Lane Accrington near to Heights Cottages. The farm was semi derelict at the time although it did have a roof, borded up windows and electricity. Peter Strack used to let us use this farmhouse to meet at nights. We had an old three piece suite and a telly and that was it. One winters night we arrived at the farm at about 7.00 PM switched on the lights and the telly and then got a nice big fire going in the grate. There was four of us in the farmhouse that night. We settled down with a couple of bottles of ale to watch the telly and have a laugh. We stayed there for about 5 hours and can honestly say not over doing the drink, just a couple of bottles each. In those days you may remember the telly used to go of with a high pitched whistle. Well the telly had finnished and we were just about to go when all of a sudden we heard a loud banging coming from upstairs. It was like someone walking back and forth across the floor with hob nailed boots on. We just froze and after about half an hour we plucked up the courage to leave.
The house was built in 1736 with most of the ceilings in it collapsed. It had a heavy oak front door that was always bolted. The only way for anybody to get in would be to walk through the room that we were sitting in. Or wait for 5 hours to stamp there feet and have some fun.
I must explain that we had been going in the farmhouse every night for about three years and never heard anything, only that night

We never could explain what the noise was that night.
There has also been a sighting of a first world war soldier at High Riley Cottages (another story I can tell)
I may post another story about Braod Oak soon.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 21:27   #88
God Member

Brilliant disco can't wait for next ones. I would have been out of that farm house so fast !!!!!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 04-04-2005 at 21:29.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 21:34   #89
Member.

Nice one Disco, I'm looking forward to hearing about first world war soldier up at High Riley Cottages..............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51   #90
God Member

Quote:
I would need a nappy not a thong!

That has given me an idea

As you can see with the time of this post I'm still awake, which is my biggest fear about stopping over in a haunted house, that I would be left awake all on my own to entertain the spirits while everyone else was sleeping soundly. Doug why don't you sort out a charity haunted house for like minded accywebers night at Chingle Hall if you have the details, I will be fine with the rest of the insomniacs on here I won't be alone!
That is a brilliant idea tinks.........well done! so doug you fancy setting this one up?? and would any accyweb members take part?

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..