Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 14:52   #106

Re: Close Encounters of the ghostly kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
wow both these stories are very weird. Your daughter seems to be having something weird going on too, how old she (if you dont mind me asking?)
She's 5 now, but has a very old head on her sometimes.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2005, 14:56   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
[color=black]quite often parents discourage their offspring from talking rubbish about being here before and of having invisible friends.
I wouldn't discourage her from it at all. I think it's fascinating. She has imaginary friends too but I don't think that's related at all - I think most kids have them at some points. I still do! Joking.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 17:30   #108
Resident Waffler

I would just love to read some of the posts in this thread but I'm afraid I'd find them too scary. I'd be imagining all sorts of things when I go to bed at night. I'll have to wait until after May 14th and then read them all when Busman is here to protect me from things that go bump in the night.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 17:38   #109
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I would just love to read some of the posts in this thread but I'm afraid I'd find them too scary. I'd be imagining all sorts of things when I go to bed at night. I'll have to wait until after May 14th and then read them all when Busman is here to protect me from things that go bump in the night.
What ever happened to a night in the stag's cellars? Maybe we could offer a donation to a charity of Staggering man’s choice and have a night sat in the cellars telling Willow and Tinkerbelle ghost stories………..I’ll be happy to bring Cumberland Sausages and Free Range Bacon from Ambleside…yum, yum……Boo……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 17:42   #110
Resident Waffler

That was supposed to be Hallowe'en but we never did it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 17:47   #111
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
That was supposed to be Hallowe'en but we never did it.

I wouldn't mind have a go, I'm not cooking though if it ever gets off the ground?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-04-2005, 18:17   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I wouldn't mind have a go, I'm not cooking though if it ever gets off the ground?

Now guys that is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!! lets ask staggering man, I would be willing to make a donation to that one!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 22:30   #113
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Now guys that is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!! lets ask staggering man, I would be willing to make a donation to that one!!
Good Idea, did you ask?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-04-2005, 22:52   #114
God Member

I've thought about replying to this thread several times, I've had quite a few experiences and certainly believe in the other side, I dont really know where to start.

My first sighting I was around 8 and it was my Grandad sat in his rocking chair in the corner of my bedroom, I could describe everything at the time, though my parents thought I was making it up, my Grandad died when I was 2 and I have no living memory of him.

As a teenager we went to Chaighley Manor, for 2 weeks during the summer, it was a cheap holiday for single parent families (just the kids went) anyway the first time we went I saw nothing, the second time I (and all the other kids, in 4 seperate dormitories) saw a lady dressed early 1900's and a young boy, we all reported it seperate and described exactly the same thing.

On holiday in Cyprus in 1997 (years after previous events) woke in the night only to see a workman stood by the dressing table, he had shoulder length hair, dressed in typical workclothes, vest top etc, thought I was still asleep so nipped myself several times to make sure I wasn't asleep, felt quite scared,woke my other half but then nothing was there.

2001 went to stay at my Aunts in Leicester, woke around 4am for the loo, in the corner of the room facing the book shelf was the figure of a young man, not really sure what sex, it had a bit of a mullet, I know this probably sounds really daft but it had 70's dress sense, I didn't get up for the toilet, though I nipped myself several times and squeezed my eyes together and blinked, it was still there.
Its very strange when this happens and when I least expect it, I often sense things in the cellar at work and have been talking to someone and when I turn round nobody's there.

At home now, we have lived here for 4 years and it was a new build, nearly every night at around the same time I can smell cigarettes, we dont smoke and have never let anyone smoke in the house, we are also detached, there may be a real simple answer, then who knows.

I'd just like to say that everything I've written here is true, there maybe simple explanations, I dont know.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 23:12   #115
Member.

Don't worry about any of this grego, for you it just a natural occurrence. It maybe that you are less inhibited than most so you see more. The fag smoke may be that of a spirit of a visiting relative, or maybe someone who has an interest in an occupant of the household or it could be from a previous occupation. I know you said that is a new build property, but you need to take in to account that occupation may have been going on around that site for hundreds of years, you should also keep in mind that, just because its you that sees them doesn’t mean that it you their interested in? I live in a new build and I get the same smell and it’s recurring more often. But it as only come about within the last 2 years.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 10-04-2005 at 00:24.
Old 26-04-2005, 14:35   #116
Senior Member+

Ok here goes and i am not botherred if anybody laughs.On the 17th of May i was in Germany riding a push bike on the backroads home.P***ed and no lights on.Going down a hill i hit another pushbike rider coming down the other side of the hill.I was thrown over him and ended up hitting my head on a sharp corner in the road.I sufferrred a fractured skull and my brain was moved a centimetre to one side.I was rushed to an hospital in Münich.On the operating table i had an out of body experience and even saw the docs with the electrodes bringing me back to life, after my heart stopped.
What i did not like was a dream like experience where i walked up a lighten staircase and knocked on the door.
A voice answered asking what i wanted.I replied i wanted to come in.I was told there would be no entrance as i was not wanted.Walking back down the stairs i heard a voice that said i should come down to him if they do not want me.
I was never a Religous person but somethings have changed now in my life and i admit that after that experience i do admit to believing in God and an after life.
Old 26-04-2005, 15:01   #117
God Member

Oh Mik no-one will laugh that must have been very scary but I'm glad you have found comfort in it also. I hope out of body experiences are a glimpse in to an after life, thanks for sharing your story with us Mik
Old 26-04-2005, 15:17   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
....... A voice answered asking what i wanted.I replied i wanted to come in.I was told there would be no entrance as i was not wanted.Walking back down the stairs i heard a voice that said i should come down to him if they do not want me.......
I was never a Religous person but somethings have changed now in my life and i admit that after that experience i do admit to believing in God and an after life.
Just out of interest Mik, was the first voice Engilsh and the second one German?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 26-04-2005 at 15:19.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 15:34   #119
Member.

I take it that this was 17th May last year Mik? I don’t think anybody should laugh at you experience other than the vision of a big Englander rolling over a German on a push bike, I must admit I’m p***ing myself every time I think about it. You’ll have to forgive me for that but my sense of humour allows me to see the event in vivid colour without having the full details. However, I hope that you have fully recovered from the unpleasantness and pain of your accident Mik.

I’ve had two experiences of this kind the first is a little vague so I’ll pass on that one. The second isn’t quite the same as you went through but here goes. I was led in bed one night about 12 years ago; I was just hovering between being awake and sleeping. I had thought of getting up and having a drink and then the terrors came……….

This is something I have always suffered from as long as I can remember, even up to the age of ten or eleven I hated being alone at night because of them, but it wasn’t until the age of twenty two that I could remember these events clearly……… I digress,

I was led in bed and they came, it was the third that week and I was tired of fighting back. I felt the tingle in my spine has they started to take me over. Suddenly my legs and arms became ridged and slowly, very slowly I became paralysed. This is normal and although it’s something you get use to and come to expect, it’s still very frightening. Then………I lost my temper and challenged them, I demand that they leave me or take me. Then I demanded that they take me. Big f***ing mistake “and I make no apology for my language”.

All hell let loose. I was pushed back in to the mattress; my heart was thumping in my chest and I could hear myself whimpering, then like a big explosion I was thrown back again, my chest pushing forward arching my back, my arms and legs held down by some over powering force. The room was filled with a bright white light, even though it was after midnight and quite dark. I closed my eyes but I could still see the whiteness of the light, I could hear the blood being pushed through the veins of my brain, everything around me seemed distant. Now I was praying like f***, I couldn’t open my mouth, my lips where barely moving the skin on my face grew tighter and tighter I was losing this one, I knew, deep within me I could die…………I fought back for what seemed like ages, but it was only seconds, I was chanting, calling on my protector, calling for the light to protect me and to guide me back to where it was safe. Then it was gone.

I was frightened and full of fear, I was wet and dazed. I rolled over on to my side and breathed in deeply, and then again I felt a tingle in my spine, then nothing. I must have slept for a few hours and then I awoke to the sensation that I wasn’t alone. The tingle came again, but this time it was different, It was warm, unthreatening……….I felt contact on my body, gently, but firmly push against my shoulder and hip, has you would expect someone would do in a form of blessing. I felt calm, serene and at rest. It was over………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 26-04-2005 at 15:37.
Old 26-04-2005, 18:43   #120
Senior Member+

No tealeaf it was just a voice.One coming from behind the lit up door and one coming out of the darkness at the side of the stairs.To all and sundry i forgot to say that the accident was 20 years ago this year.
Another thing was i was never told by hospital staff about my heart stopping in case i relapsed i finally had to talk to the hospital pshycatrist about it, just to get it off my chest which she confirmed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..