Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2005, 15:17   #31
God Member

Re: Close Encounters of the ghostly kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I’m sorry Hun. I will tell shortly, I want to write it down first and make sure I get my recollections right. I have to say its nothing fantastic…..
Well I might get to read it if you stop trying to scare the living day lights out of me!! I have a nervous disposition

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Old 27-03-2005, 15:19   #32
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Well I might get to read it if you stop trying to scare the living day lights out of me!! I have a nervous disposition

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Hahahahahahahaha, yeah I've heard that one before.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 15:28   #33

I believe that there is life after this one,I have never seen a ghost and to be honest I don't want to!,I get told stories by people who are very down to earth and have no reason to lie,I work for LCC and have nothing to gain by passing them on! but I'll leave it up to you to make your own minds up!. Washing machines switching themselves on,items moving around the house of people who are in wheelchairs and in a completly different room,if you know Burnley there is a comunity centre called Temple street and the caretaker I knew told me he was locking up for the night and heard footsteps and saw a shadow going down the corridor,he was the only person in the building! I believe!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 15:58   #34
Member.

My first real contact with a Sprit was around 1964. I was asked to go and get something out of my grandmother’s bedroom. The house still exist today, a typical two up two down house in church. No 15 Canal Street.

I’d gone up stairs and was messing about at the top just outside of my Nan’s front bedroom. I was aware that someone was with me; I stopped playing and looked up towards the back bedroom to see who was there. My eyes met with those of a tall elderly man dressed as you would have expected to see someone of the era give or take 10 years he was upright in stature but leaned heavily on two walking sticks.

He was a mild mannered man who engaged me in conversation he would ask a question often raising one of his sticks and pointing it in my direction, we talk for what seemed to be a long time. I then became aware of my mother shouting me from down stares. I looked to the gentleman and said I had to go back down to my mum and Nan. He nodded and pointed his stick once more in the direction of the stare way and away I went.

When I got down stairs my mother asked me what I was doing and why was I talking to myself. I explained that I was talking to the man. My mother and Nan went very quiet and almost white. My mother got up and ran upstairs fearing that someone had broken in through the back bedroom, my Nan sat fixed to her chair waiting for my mother to come back, which she did after a minute. Little sod, she said theirs no one up there. My Nan said sit down and tell us about the man, my mother and Nan now sat smiling at me as if to say “Idiot”.

I told them what I could remember what I could of the conversation, my Nan smiled sweetly and said what was he like, how did he look. I began to describe the elderly gentleman, I was half way through my description when I notice that their smiles had gone and disbelief was now written across their faces. I finished by describing his walking sticks. My Nan said bloody hell it was William? I was then told that the gentleman was my great Grandfather, William Archibald Douglass. William had lost a leg in the Great War and had use two sticks later in life. He had died in the December of 1955. I often sat at the top of the stairs hoping he would come again, he never did.

At the end of last summer I visited this Gentleman’s and his good wife’s Grave in Burnley Road Cemetery. Theirs currently no head stone, something I hope to remedy later this year.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 27-03-2005 at 17:49.
Old 27-03-2005, 16:01   #35
Member.

These more to come, later in my life I had a few experiences with the grey arts that have marked my life, including being grabbed by invisible hands in the middle of the night.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-03-2005, 16:08   #36
God Member

ooww what a good story Doug but that has scared me even more now because about a year ago my youngest daughter kept telling us about an old lady that bakes cakes and wears a pinny comes to talk to her at night. We thought it was the equivalent of an imaginary friend ...... now I'm not so sure!
Old 27-03-2005, 16:12   #37
Senior Member+

Hurry up and put it on Doug.
Old 27-03-2005, 16:18   #38
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Hurry up and put it on Doug.
Janet, you said you wouldn't say ow't on here Now thay all know about it.

I saw you a couple of weeks back chatting outside the Arndale. It was a Tuesday afternoon. I would have stopped but I was to frightened too

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-03-2005, 16:29   #39
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
ooww what a good story Doug but that has scared me even more now because about a year ago my youngest daughter kept telling us about an old lady that bakes cakes and wears a pinny comes to talk to her at night. We thought it was the equivalent of an imaginary friend ...... now I'm not so sure!
They come in many forms Tinks, if she's not distressed by it leave her alone and say nothing, that way she will grow up and find her own way. If she is distressed then get the local church in to do a blessing.

If you want to get involved with the spiritual side of things join a reputable club, don’t use your own house and never invite others in, living or dead. If sprits visit you make them welcome or ask them to leave politely. Never demand. Never ask for anything without being prepared to give something back, always be respectful and courteous of other people’s beliefs and religions, and be prepared to wait for a long time to see any results of your labours and be prepared to reap what you sow.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 27-03-2005 at 16:56.
Old 27-03-2005, 16:38   #40
Senior Member+

You sure it was me doug, i'm in town tuesday mornings.
Old 27-03-2005, 16:56   #41
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
You sure it was me doug, i'm in town tuesday mornings.
Yep sure, Good looking woman of a certain age. It would be moring on reflection. I pop over almost weekly now. a las, I will be spending most of my free time walking in the lakes or Yorkshire now the weather is milder.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-03-2005, 23:45   #42
God Member

Fantastic story doug.............well if I can call it a story (real story I mean).

I have lots and lots of books about Wicca and have tarrot cards!! Yes I do believe in these things and tinks will tell you i am some what a WEIRDO!!

Back in 1996 me and my now husband (and the time only courting) had just visited some friends. I was only 15 and hubby 18.
I had been doing buisness studies at school and we had been learning all about Insurance policies and proceedures. Anyway we were thraveling down Belfield road which is quite steep and I said to my Hubby ''do you know, that house at the bottom of this street has a higher insurance grade than any other house on this street''.
He said no, I then went on to tell him what I had learned ' because the house is at the bottom of the very big dip, if your breaks were to fail you would go straight into that house'.
Nothing else was mentioned after that.

4 weeks later my hubby had a very bad accident where he was traveling down the same street that I had said it on and, he went straight into the house I had said had higher insurance. The very weird thing was that it's because his breaks had failed, something about (servo breaks) not sure of the spelling sorry, and the electrics had died which meant he had no breaks. And a lady crashed into the side of him. Thepolice were there in minutes, followed by the paramedics. Hubby had already got out of the car and was sat on the wall in shock............... he heard the police say to the womn driver ''are you ok?? she answered yes, then two officers said ''lets go and look at the driver, but it does'nt look good'' they thought he was dead inside the car.

Hubby got away with no injuries, so did the lady driver. But at the time my hubby was a builder and had a spade in the back of the car and it had narrowly missed the back of his head. The police actually said '' We can't believe you made it out alive''. The story was in accrington observer at the time.

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by slinky; 27-03-2005 at 23:48.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 23:57   #43
Member.

He's a very lucky man slinks, plus he's got you an all........The story is true that is just the way it happened. I have had no fear of the other side sin that time. However, I have had some bad times with the cards and other forms of divination, so take good care and always show respect.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-03-2005, 00:02   #44
God Member

I always show respect with the cards. Don't get me wrong doug, I have the cards but I only read for myself I'm not up to doing other readings yet. I also have crystals. Yes I believe I have something, don't know what, but it is there and I think I always have had it. It is hard to put my words down and explain because like I said I don't know what it is. But hubby and family are always cautious when I say anything and give me a strange look. Tinks says I will be a 'WITCH WOMAN' with loads of cats in my window when I am older.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 00:05   #45
God Member

You will your a SCARY MARY!!! If Slinky says don't do something and states a reason why then don't do it. Another one springs to mind with you telling somebody not to go to Essex because something bad might happen

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..