Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2006, 14:18   #16
I am Banned

Re: NHS Dentist in Accy???

Blimey Margaret how have you managed? Yeh pre hsitoric dentists were very bad lol thanks to them i had a fear of dentists, them days they gave you fillings when you didnt need them - even in baby teeth dim distant days of cannon st dentist [now 1st class nursery] he was a butcher im sure LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2006, 14:22   #17
Beacon of light

Yes....Cannon St.....being held down by two buxom dental nurses....lives large in my memory.......and is responsible for my lack of dental care over the years. I have managed by filing down the sharp edges of broken teeth with a diamond file.....so I reckon I am going to need a fair bit of work...unless they decide to condemn the lot and demolish what is left of my teeth and give me those glow in the dark false teeth!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:26   #18
I am Banned

Hehehehehehe oh yeh the memories i can still visualise that place i bet thats responsible for most peoples fear of dentists lol

Diamond file ??? gee you are braver than you think uurrrghghhh the shivers down my spine imagining doing that lol

I think i might be heading for glow in the darkies if the wait is too long, i'll be alright on halloween wont i? hehehehehehehe
Old 23-08-2006, 14:43   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
So meantime my teeth are deterioritng which is worrying
Don't worry about it Mel, when all you teeth have fallen out and you have false ones give me a ring
Old 23-08-2006, 14:46   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun*
have you tried antley villa dental practice on blackburn road,near to church lights(dental practice)

Sadly theses greedy dentists no longer treat NHS patients, only private ones.

I paid my ten pounds registration fee, and was told two months later this information that they were going private. After a fight I got back my ten quid and am now registered with the one on Union Road in Ossy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:57   #21
God Member

when i lived in ossy 3 yrs ago the dentist on union rd wouldnt accept me or my husband but happily accepted the kids ,it may be worth giving them a try i was there the other day and they are getting some new dentist in so good luck its oaklea on union rd tel 236967 ..I now live in blackpool and the problem is just the same here so i keep my young ones registered in ossy it only takes me 40 min drive but its worth it just so they get regular treatment
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 16:16   #22
I am Banned

Its a horrble situation to be in & its just not nhs makes you feel so crap about your situation as much as being on low income makes you feel you have to cap in hand, today ive been made to feel like scum because you litterally have to beg for what you are entitled to & that just doesn't just mean nhs as well. I so wish i could afford not to have to do it.

Anyone psychic to know what numbers are going to win lottery ???
Old 23-08-2006, 17:10   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Its a horrble situation to be in & its just not nhs makes you feel so crap about your situation as much as being on low income makes you feel you have to cap in hand, today ive been made to feel like scum because you litterally have to beg for what you are entitled to & that just doesn't just mean nhs as well. I so wish i could afford not to have to do it.

Anyone psychic to know what numbers are going to win lottery ???

Don't give up. You deserve treatment like anyone else.

I lived with a dentist until my flat was finished in Glasgow. She worked four days a week in an NHS practice, and took home more than seventy grand a year.

Any dentist that can't live on such an income, and decides to only treat private patients, is in my opinion a greedy b*stard.

Old 23-08-2006, 17:14   #24
Senior Member+

Have you thought about getting your local MP involved as Ian said earllier when my Maternity exemption card was about to run out he contacted Greg Pope, within a week I had an appointment at the one on union road in ossy.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 17:21   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Don't give up. You deserve treatment like anyone else.

I lived with a dentist until my flat was finished in Glasgow. She worked four days a week in an NHS practice, and took home more than seventy grand a year.

Any dentist that can't live on such an income, and decides to only treat private patients, is in my opinion a greedy b*stard.
Thanks Rindy

70 grand gee i wish hehehe they are greedy so & so's
Old 23-08-2006, 17:26   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsmum
Have you thought about getting your local MP involved as Ian said earllier when my Maternity exemption card was about to run out he contacted Greg Pope, within a week I had an appointment at the one on union road in ossy.

Thanks Buttonsmum Its looking very likely that i will be giving him a try although he will probably suggest that i give this dental health team a chance but how long do i give them ??
Old 23-08-2006, 17:33   #27
Senior Member+

Point out that you have already waited so long and you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 17:35   #28
I am Banned

Good point i shall email him & see what happens.

Thanks again buttonsmum
Old 23-08-2006, 17:43   #29
Give, give, give member

The best of luck. Don't give up.

In the meantime please accept this little gift from me, but don't eat apples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ist2_76053_false_teeth.jpg (4.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by garinda; 23-08-2006 at 17:45.
Old 23-08-2006, 17:53   #30
I am Banned

Thankyou Rindy apples are particularly dangerous for teeth i broke one on a apple before now.

Anyone got the mp's email addy - he's not been on for a bit heheheehe

TIA

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..