Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 13:10   #46
Beacon of light

Re: NHS Dentist in Accy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
well i have been to the dentist at accy vic ....i was put at ease in no time what a lovely lady dentist ...i go back next week for a clean & polish ......but she is using caution with me as she won't give me any treatment because of my allergies.im becoming more alergic to various medications these days so good on her she is consulting with my doctor first then hopefully tratment can go ahead ...........im now looking forward to going again.........(wonder if margaret ever went?)
Mez....I'm still waiting. I thought they would have got to me by now. It must be over 2 months since they phoned me and said i would be called in a few weeks....how many is a 'few'.....4....6......12. Not that I'm exactly pushing to get things done. After 40 years they may just decide to whip them all out and have done with it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2006, 16:49   #47
I am Banned

After a 2 year 11mnth wait finally the nhs dental service have been in touch & my peggys are going to be looked at by a dentist next week - finally at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooohooooooooo they have got a few guarenteed jobs on them LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 16:54   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
After a 2 year 11mnth wait finally the nhs dental service have been in touch & my peggys are going to be looked at by a dentist next week - finally at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooohooooooooo they have got a few guarenteed jobs on them LOL
Congratulations lol
Old 31-10-2006, 16:59   #49
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Congratulations lol
Thanks

Least i will still be a pain in the gum
Old 31-10-2006, 17:00   #50
God Member

Quote:
Thanks

Least i will still be a pain in the gum
Do they realise the size of the task in hand inspecting your gob
Old 31-10-2006, 17:04   #51
I am Banned

Quote:
Do they realise the size of the task in hand inspecting your gob
seems like you already know
Old 31-10-2006, 19:33   #52
Beacon of light

And I'm STILL waiting............
Old 31-10-2006, 19:36   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
And I'm STILL waiting............
Keep pestering them Margaret
Old 31-10-2006, 20:03   #54
Beacon of light

Oh heck no........I'm scared to death if I tell the truth, though I have been doing some positive visualisation exercises to try to help me overcome my fear.
If my teeth haven't seen a dentist for over 40 years, another few months is neither here nor there.......besides if they decide they are all coming out.....well, I don't want a gummy Christmas!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:56   #55
I am Banned

Been for my 1st appointment for years & definately going to be a regular for a bit, got 2 extractions next week [never had teeth out before] & 2 week after, so 2 either side so least even lol..... 2 are my wisdom teeth which when i was under a dentist short of a decade ago were problematic & asked for them to be removed then & didnt - even begged the emergency dentist 2 years back to remove them - nope ...so this dentist is fantastic already & will remove them mind u no choice now as they are mainly roots as the emergency dentist only filled a root & i should of had it removed properly anyway - so 3 out of the 4 are root extractions & 1 tooth extraction.

As complex as that is lol my teeth have done remarkably well altho i would of had it done today but where my tooth disintergrated its cause an infection in my gum so im on antibiotics now also on Ibuprofen & he said how have i managed with all that pain for so long? - answered simply cos i've had to

Least i managed to get the kids registered as well as they have been on list as long as i have, specially with my lad having dental varnish put on at school.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:00   #56
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Oooh Mel, I'm sure that you will feel miles better when it's all done. I know that it has made a big difference to me..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Oooh Mel, I'm sure that you will feel miles better when it's all done. I know that it has made a big difference to me..
Yeh im looking forward to the after bit hehehehe i got too many teeth on top jaw line anyway which is where majority are even the one that disintergated was a releif as the nearby teeth could breathe with a bit of space rather than tightly compact which exasperated the problem, the dentist said there was no way i could clean the wisdom ones anyway cos they are too far back & cant get a brush to them, on the whole my teeth are reasonably heathly bar those few teeth that if not sorted would ruin the good ones anyway which is why i campaigned the Mp for quite a while & nhs direct - im so glad i did nagging does pay

So im really happy to be sorted & the dentist is very nice
Old 09-11-2006, 10:10   #58
God Member

Quote:
Been for my 1st appointment for years & definately going to be a regular for a bit, got 2 extractions next week [never had teeth out before] & 2 week after, so 2 either side so least even lol..... 2 are my wisdom teeth which when i was under a dentist short of a decade ago were problematic & asked for them to be removed then & didnt - even begged the emergency dentist 2 years back to remove them - nope ...so this dentist is fantastic already & will remove them mind u no choice now as they are mainly roots as the emergency dentist only filled a root & i should of had it removed properly anyway - so 3 out of the 4 are root extractions & 1 tooth extraction.

As complex as that is lol my teeth have done remarkably well altho i would of had it done today but where my tooth disintergrated its cause an infection in my gum so im on antibiotics now also on Ibuprofen & he said how have i managed with all that pain for so long? - answered simply cos i've had to

Least i managed to get the kids registered as well as they have been on list as long as i have, specially with my lad having dental varnish put on at school.
Well done for going and being a brave girl

Perhaps when they sort it all out and your'e teeth aren't driving you mad with pain you might even be in a good mood
Old 09-11-2006, 10:16   #59
I am Banned

Quote:
Well done for going and being a brave girl

Perhaps when they sort it all out and your'e teeth aren't driving you mad with pain you might even be in a good mood
Thank you tho im going to have to be even braver next week - need someone to hold my hand

Me in a bad mood err well now u know i had reason to be
Old 09-11-2006, 11:42   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
got 2 extractions next week..... my wisdom teeth
I think I will let someone else do the wisdom teeth jokes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..