Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2006, 13:32   #1
I am Banned

NHS Dentist in Accy???

Does anyone know for definately any dental practice that is taking on NHS dental patients in Accy ?

After several attempts with nhs direct im getting nowhere & even on site give me all dental practices to which i know the majority dont accept nhs patients as rang round most of the area before. The hospital dental thingy only does emergency treatments, altho i do need treatment very soon im not classed as emergency as its long term treatment i need before the emergency will be losing my teeth. Thank god for sensodyne is all i can say.

So meantime my teeth are deterioritng which is worrying but worse my kids are not getting treated as they are automatic nhs usually preferred with private paying parents. which they lose out automatically.

Strange how you can have cosmetic surgery on the nhs but simple 6 mth checkups for dental needs are simply overlooked - do they realise how painful toothache is prevention is surely better than a cure!

Off me soapbox - just pees me off bigtime specially how expensive it is for those that can afford it.

Any suggestions as to where these few NHS dentists are hiding that we are supposedly supposed to have now
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2006, 13:34   #2
God Member

Re: NHS Dentist in Accy???

How long have you been on teh NHS direct list? Julie was on it for ages and was in danger of her Mat B entitlement running out so I emailed Greg Pope. She was registered up Ossy within a week.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 13:40   #3
I am Banned

well basically since nov 2004 when i was shipped up to accy vic because it was bad, & said they will keep my details on file & contact me as soon as nhs dental practitioners arrive in april 2005 which still haven't had a call nor response to it, i got told to try some dentists they gave me to which i was told they weren't taking any more on !! So im on here now cos im losing the patience with nhs direct its a waste of time even ringing them unless in shear pain im ready to batter my head with a bat - then they might just send me up the rd to accy vic but as the pain isn't bad altho i've lost a tooth & i think the root is still there & having little trouble with it means ring back when it does hurt response.

Thats a point how do pregnant women get treatment cos they are classed nhs ??
Old 23-08-2006, 13:55   #4
Beacon of light

I was given the number for an NHS dentist in Mill Hill Blackburn if that is any good to you Accymel.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:00   #5
Beacon of light

The guys name is Mr Harvey...he is located at 66 New Chapel Street Mill Hill Blackburn....tel No is 01254 672106.....I was given this number only a couple of weeks ago by another Blackburn Practice
Old 23-08-2006, 14:02   #6
I am Banned

Just rang nhs direct again to enquire where i am on the waiting list - apparently no wonder ive been hearing nowt nor getting much response is that fact they changed the system, so had to re-register my details again & they will pass them on to the local dental health team so that they can send me an application form to be put on waiting list for a nhs dentist - what a cuffel indeed just for a dentist!!!

So now means i have to wait yonks again but assured me the fact if me & kids need emergency treatment then to ring back for appn't at Accy vic. Just hope by then i dont need falseys!!!
Old 23-08-2006, 14:05   #7
I am Banned

Thanks Margaret I will keep his number in case i cant get anywhere a little nearer - its just a bit far for me to get there certainly with no transport but will see if things get desperate i will take it up thats if they accept people not in the catchment area.
Old 23-08-2006, 14:05   #8
Beacon of light

Accymel, I have just been contacted by the Accrington Dental team and I must've been on thier list for something in the region of 18 months.....they are supposed to be sending for me in the next few weeks....Aaaaargh!
Old 23-08-2006, 14:08   #9
Beacon of light

I wasn't sure if it would be any good to you or not. It IS difficult when you don't have transport. My daughter lives in this area but has a Blackburn dentist....and this mans details were given to me when my daughter last had a check up at her dentist...so it is pretty recent.....but the places do soon get taken up.
Old 23-08-2006, 14:09   #10
Beacon of light

And they will now that he has had a free advert on this site!
Old 23-08-2006, 14:09   #11
I am Banned

have you tried antley villa dental practice on blackburn road,near to church lights or the is one in rishton on the high street accross from the roebuck pub,its called mr a shaw(dental practice)
shotgun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:09   #12
I am Banned

OMG Margaret thats such a long time & absolutely rediculous, ive waited 2 1/2 years for nothing already dont think my teeth can hold out that long without dental intervention. Blimey are they actually going to sort you out with a local dentist soon then ? i should hope so
Old 23-08-2006, 14:10   #13
Beacon of light

The Antley Villa Practice no longer takes NHS patients....I know because my mum has been asked to join Denplan or leave the practice.
Old 23-08-2006, 14:11   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun*
have you tried antley villa dental practice on blackburn road,near to church lights or the is one in rishton on the high street accross from the roebuck pub,its called mr a shaw(dental practice)
Do not mention them!!! They were my dentist 5 years ago till they decided to go private & did underhand things to boot me & the kids off the list & tried to charge me money
Old 23-08-2006, 14:13   #15
Beacon of light

Accymel.......I haven't seen a dentist for in excess of 40 years......so the wait hasn't seemed too long....in fact I am going to need some serious support to get me there.....like a double decker valium sandwich!

I have been told that modern dentistry is much less painful than the pre-historic treatment that i was subjected to in the dim and distant past......well, we'll see!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..