Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2006, 18:07   #31
Senior Member+

Re: NHS Dentist in Accy???

Here it is

[email protected]

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2006, 20:19   #32
mez
God Member

well im on the same waiting list as margaret ....i did get a phone call some 3 weeks ago, telling me that im still on the waiting list & that i will be hearing from a dentist within the month have now had tooth ache for 3 weeks .i know i need at least 2 fillings but will have to wait & see what happens .....you never know margaret we may end up being there at the same time......but im fed up with it all ...i & many other people have paid our national insurance stamp for many many years & are entitled to dental care too. children should automatically have a dentist from the day they are born ...same as they are with a doctor ......what is the difference ?. right .thats my 2 penn-orth.
Old 24-08-2006, 10:57   #33
I am Banned

You have my sympathy Mez im suffering with you too

I found a great mouthwash specially if too sore to brush proper & surprisingly does work as it says on the ad & bottle, its called Dentyl that you shake & apparently you can see on spit what it removes plus its very kind on sore teeth & gums without the great sting plus is really pulls the crap off too hehehehe [i know no nice way to put it ] Also been trying out that colgate sensitive too & can brush my sensitive areas so thats good, although short term prevention of problems getting worse but still no substitute for dental intervention.

Which our MP is aware of - thanks everyone
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:22   #34
Beacon of light

Mez....I have a new diamond file here if you want to borrow it.
I tried the dentyl stuff......it was OK, but the crap that you spit out isn't all crap....the same thing happens if you put water with the dentyl.....makes it look good I suppose. I have used Listerine over the last few years and that is good stuff though it stings like billy-ho...not keen on the taste of the original, but the minty one is alright.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 20:18   #35
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I was taken on by the new dentists at Accy Vic. I had my phone call and within the month had my first appointment. The treatment I have received has been superb and relatively painless. They have been contacting people when they can and have moved nowhere near as quickly as they wanted to. The problem has been that because so many of us have been turned away by dentists, we have waited too long to be seen. Therefore, we all need treatment so it is taking them longer to see everyone. It is worth the wait though because the dentists and staff are all lovely.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 20:22   #36
Beacon of light

God bless you Lettie...........I hope I am at AVH with Mez....we'll both be able to tremble together. Our knees will sound like someone playing a xylophone!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 20:23   #37
I am Banned

Thats a true point & also reassuring to know Lettie, i hope its not a huge wait
Old 25-08-2006, 14:40   #38
God Member

we have to travel to manchester for our dentists!!! Bloody stupid and thank god its only twice a year!
Old 25-08-2006, 14:47   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
we have to travel to manchester for our dentists!!! Bloody stupid and thank god its only twice a year!
Blooming heck thats a long way to get checkups
Old 25-08-2006, 17:33   #40
God Member

My dentist when he went private i had a choice stay with him and pay the denplan or try and find a nhs dentist. I ended up staying and paying the denplan even though i'm on benefits. Simple reason there wasnt a nhs dentist in rossendale and no one in accy would take me on either. Even though ive got an accy address and postcode i had a rossendale phone number and as soon as they saw that you are out of the area. Now there are a couple of nhs dentists in rossendale but i prefer my dentist he's a good one and he has managed to save my teeth well for the time being anyway. Plus because i go every 3 months to have them cleaned as well as brushing them every day i havent had a filling for 2 years.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 07:25   #41
mez
God Member

you will probably have to find me .......i'll be in the loo.......
Old 08-10-2006, 08:49   #42
BOB

Just got a phone call friday my new dentist is in accy vic also after two years of waiting
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:08   #43
mez
God Member

well i have been to the dentist at accy vic ....i was put at ease in no time what a lovely lady dentist ...i go back next week for a clean & polish ......but she is using caution with me as she won't give me any treatment because of my allergies.im becoming more alergic to various medications these days so good on her she is consulting with my doctor first then hopefully tratment can go ahead ...........im now looking forward to going again.........(wonder if margaret ever went?)
Old 08-10-2006, 09:53   #44
I am Banned

Well i rang nhs direct on the 23/08/06 to be put forward for application form for dentists & should get it very soon - well guess what surprise surprise i haven't received it yet!!! well sorry our MP is going to have another email from me!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:15   #45
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i have too take my kids all the to chorley to have there teeth checked every 6 months!! good job we got a car all we would be stuffed!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..