Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2006, 17:07   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: NHS Dentist in Accy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
You can't, the dentist kept her teeth. Couldn't tell what she was saying but something about renovations at Stonehenge ?
Lol. Well I'll be going round to the Dentist's house then.

No wonder they're all bloody rolling in it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2006, 17:19   #92
I am Banned

Thanks HR did ok earlier but no the anethetic has worn off completely im in bloody agony - thank god my dad has dropped me off some painkillers & straws
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 17:22   #93
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
You can't, the dentist kept her teeth. Couldn't tell what she was saying but something about renovations at Stonehenge ?
Let me translate i said anyone who takes the pi$s & doesn't offer me lots of TLC & sympathy then their bits will end up hinged under 'the' stonehenge rock
Old 16-11-2006, 17:24   #94
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What time do you want me to put the money under your pillow?
Now if your offering you can tho there wont be any teeth under there - maybe a droolpool of blood tho
Old 16-11-2006, 17:29   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Now if your offering you can tho there wont be any teeth under there - maybe a droolpool of blood tho
You really should have asked to keep them. We could have done a bit of Scrimshaw work on them and sold them on eBay.

Hope you're feelin' better soon. x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16_1_scrimshaw_set.jpg (20.1 KB, 4 views)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 18:53   #96

Your best ringing NHS direct on 0845 46 47 and asking to be placed on the register. I received a letter today informing me that are looking for a dentist near me and will make me a "member" when one is available.
Old 16-11-2006, 20:52   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Let me translate i said anyone who takes the pi$s & doesn't offer me lots of TLC & sympathy then their bits will end up hinged under 'the' stonehenge rock
I did hear the word Stonehenge then
Old 16-11-2006, 21:10   #98
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What time do you want me to put the money under your pillow?

Now we know you're not the real toothfairy because the real toothfairy only pays out for the good ones!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 23:04   #99
Senior Member+

I'm at Oaklea up top of Ossy, its NHS but they've had a lot of trouble with their dentists leaving, so it takes ages to get an appointment. I booked an appointment last week and the next slot they had was for in 2 months time.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 14:52   #100
Senior Member+

so where is an nhs dentist in accy thats taking appointments...all info appreciated..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 15:07   #101
Beacon of light

I don't know about Accrington, but there WAS a dentist in Baxenden that was taking NHS patients...it was a couple of months ago though.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 15:29   #102
Senior Member+

have you got a contact number for it ?
thanks
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 16:38   #103
I am Banned

You have to ring nhs direct - thats what i did to be put forward for list 08454647
Old 19-11-2006, 18:36   #104
Lyn

We got places for all of us at a dentist in Baxenden - and they were saying on the site they didnt take on new NHSpatients - we did this by contacting the Dental Allocation Scheme on 0845 46 47 - apparently its 24 hours - but they got us in real quick and we had been trying by other methods for a very long time

Regards

Lyn
www.hedgepig.co.uk
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 10:39   #105
I am Banned

Whhoooooooohooooooo!!!!!

Had my last tooth slight correction tho i said 4 teeth it wasnt only 3 roots that i needed out tho he doubled checked after i confused him with that cos i thought i was having 2 out today, so another muppet episode hehehehehe, my other teeth are fine no probs - not even a filling so im well impressed with my gob lol just had my other wisdom tooth erm root taken out but unfortunately i have to be on anti biotics because it had grown out so near to the back of my jaw & would have a higher rate of a bad infection that could spread throught out my jaw within literally hrs so taking no chances with that but put me on a smaller dosage as a comprimise hehehee [i hate anti botics plus struggled swallowing last lot lol]

So thats me done for 9mnths for next checkup not bad at all & got the 3 big problems that i've been desperately fighting for for years sorted - so i should be right for choccy at xmas [i so miss choccy not been able to eat any whatsoever for months now cos of those roots lol] so chuffed for now tho i got told off for mouthwash abuse hehehehehe jeez u cant win can u? u dont clean em u get told off & if u do too well u get told off so can only abuse it this coming week only then back to once no more twice a day, well simply cos i have an inherited condition of weak enamel over brushing & rinsing could do damage as much as not doing it at all, but he still gave me a script of mouthwash any way - proper stuff with the anti biotics lol as i need to this week as cant brush proper till it settles down

Ah well kids appointments are next month hehehehe

Last edited by accymel; 23-11-2006 at 10:41.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..