Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2008, 20:09   #16
God Member

Re: Should women drivers be Banned ?

I read somewhere once that men more likely to have speed accidents, women more likely to have spacial accidents.

In other words, men don't know how fast they're going and women have no concept of size!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2008, 20:14   #17
God Member

The biggest problem I have with women drivers is that they seem to have no comprehension of the speed or distance of oncoming traffic, I do a lot of driving, and when a car pulls out in fornt of me, and then doesnt accelerate very quickly, it is usually a woman, ladies, the highway code says that you should not pull into traffic in a way that unduly slows down or forces another vehicle to stop, so stoppit!
Old 23-07-2008, 20:20   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I read somewhere once that men more likely to have speed accidents, women more likely to have spacial accidents.

In other words, men don't know how fast they're going and women have no concept of size!

Sorta' true, but most women have smaller 'prangs' because they undertake smaller journeys, usually with their children in the back and are distracted by moanings and groanings. Fact.

Concept of size !! LOL .. no comment.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 20:22   #19
God Member

On a more or less serious note: I don't know if it is the same over there, but in Ontario, insurance companies charge different rates for different drivers. These are worked out according to the incidence of accidents among certain classes of drivers .... the highest rates are charged for male drivers under the age of 25. I pay about $500.00 a year for full coverage (collision, fire, theft etc) .... a new, young, male driver would pay about thirty five hundred dollars for basic insurance: the minimum to get you on the road. So, according to the insurance companies, young male drivers are the worst.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 20:27   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
The biggest problem I have with women drivers is that they seem to have no comprehension of the speed or distance of oncoming traffic, I do a lot of driving, and when a car pulls out in fornt of me, and then doesnt accelerate very quickly, it is usually a woman, ladies, the highway code says that you should not pull into traffic in a way that unduly slows down or forces another vehicle to stop, so stoppit!
Well, you should have had the anticipation that the one behind the slow moving traffic will be the first to overtake .. bet you are one of those that close up tight behind them just to annoy. !
Old 23-07-2008, 20:33   #21
Passed away 25-11-09

I'm not going to go into all the silly name-calling - men are fast drivers, women are slow drivers, A goes too fast, B dithers - it's ridiculous. I've been driving for over 40 years and I am a good driver (a lousy passenger but a good driver). I don't speed and I don't hesitate and, most importantly, I drive correctly on motorways.

I know a lot of women drivers, some are very good and some are pretty dreadful. I know a lot of men drivers and exactly the same applies. My son is an HGV driver so, yes, he's a pretty good driver. Both my daughters drive well (and, believe me, as the world's worst passenger I'd soon tell you if they didn't). One of my friends is not very good and I won't let her drive me, my son-in-law drives his car as if he was riding his motor-bike so - ditto.

Driving ability isn't gender dependant. You either have it or you don't.
Old 23-07-2008, 20:40   #22
God Member

All drivers over there are crazy; they all drive on the wrong side of the road ... and they get the terms all mixed up .... c'mon guys: don't you know that you walk on the sidewalk, and drive on the pavement?
Old 23-07-2008, 20:51   #23
God Member

there are good and bad in both sexes, I'd rather they just took all crap drivers off teh road irrespective of male or female.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 21:05   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, you should have had the anticipation that the one behind the slow moving traffic will be the first to overtake .. bet you are one of those that close up tight behind them just to annoy. !
It usually happens when there is nothing else behind me kate, and that is what annoys, why dont they wait until i have passed, no I dont drive on thier tailgate, its illegal, hehe.
Old 23-07-2008, 21:33   #25

There’s good and bad drivers in each gender.

I’m really surprised that the Government hasn’t introduced a 5 year competency test that all drivers have to take.

I think it makes sense.

Decent money spinner for the Government too. I know it’s the motorist stumping up again, but there really are some dangerous drivers out there.
Old 23-07-2008, 21:43   #26
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
There’s good and bad drivers in each gender.

I’m really surprised that the Government hasn’t introduced a 5 year competency test that all drivers have to take.

I think it makes sense.

Decent money spinner for the Government too. I know it’s the motorist stumping up again, but there really are some dangerous drivers out there.

I agree with that. Drivers get into far too many bad habits and, sometimes, they prove fatal. There should be much more rigorous screening of who is allowed on our roads and regular tests would help to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Old 23-07-2008, 21:56   #27
Loz

I hate to go against my gender here but all the women drivers i've known in my life have been terrible!
My mum hated driving,my mum in law drives at about 30 miles an hour wherever she is and gets lost constantly,my aunty anne nearly killed us once on a motorway and my friends mum nearly drove into the central reservation on a motorway when she was flipping someone off!
All the male drivers i know are fine.
After saying that though i don't think women should be banned i think i have been really unlucky!
After my bad breeding you will be pleased to know i have no plans to drive ever!!
Old 23-07-2008, 22:23   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
no I dont drive on thier tailgate, its illegal, hehe.
That is unusual for a man ... cannot remember once ever being tailgated by a woman, and have never done it myself. Always a bloke, who has no idea of braking speeds, and the fact that I am a mere woman with no driving experience who could brake, hesitate, dither at any moment ..

LOL at Loz.
Old 23-07-2008, 22:58   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
I hate to go against my gender here but all the women drivers i've known in my life have been terrible!
My mum hated driving,my mum in law drives at about 30 miles an hour wherever she is and gets lost constantly,my aunty anne nearly killed us once on a motorway and my friends mum nearly drove into the central reservation on a motorway when she was flipping someone off!
All the male drivers i know are fine.
After saying that though i don't think women should be banned i think i have been really unlucky!
After my bad breeding you will be pleased to know i have no plans to drive ever!!
loz i have 2 sister in laws just as bad pmsl, but thats just sods law, most of the women i know are good drivers, don't let family track records put ya off.
Old 23-07-2008, 23:16   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
That is unusual for a man ... cannot remember once ever being tailgated by a woman, and have never done it myself. Always a bloke, who has no idea of braking speeds, and the fact that I am a mere woman with no driving experience who could brake, hesitate, dither at any moment ..

LOL at Loz.
"Brake, hesitate, dither": That's women for you, multi-tasking when they should be driving.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..