Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 17:13   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Should women drivers be Banned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Hang on! I consider my car as just a means of getting from “A” to “B”.

In fact you will find that most women will give their car a name and talk about it as if it were a real person.
Personally, have never considered a car just for getting from 'A >>B', well, yes, but only chose one for the needs I had at the time, etc. Have done the Jaguar S ... but really don't need this type of car anymore, as retired (well, at the moment) will probably look to de-size shortly.

Never, ever named a car in my life or decorated it with stuffed toys and swinging dice ... is there to serve a focused purpose.

Must admit, rather surprised by most of our gentlemen's comments on this thread ... thought you may have agreed with Archiveuk but, no, you haven't .. thanks fellas ... x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2008, 17:22   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Hang on! I consider my car as just a means of getting from “A” to “B”.

In fact you will find that most women will give their car a name and talk about it as if it were a real person.

I don't know if it's just women. There have been times I have given my car a name (tho' I can't mention the kinds of names I have given it) and talked about it, or more usually screamed at it as if it were a real person. This usually happens on frigid winter mornings when it refuses to crank over.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 17:51   #48
Resident Waffler

I have always given cars a name! My first car was called Kon and my Dad said I was conned!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 18:21   #49
Senior Member+

My last car was called "shed" (and beleive me, it was!!)

And I personally (and many others for that matter) think that I am a good driver, not very hesitant but its impatient drivers (usually men) that get up my nose, obviously they are willing to risk there life say at a roundabout but i wait for what i feel is a comfortable opening and not have to make the oncoming vehicle brake at me pulling out on them. The worst driver that I know of is my ex husband, he even scares me and normally im a very good passenger. I have people that will back me up on my choice of worst driver ever lol am very suprised that he has not been in a serious accident recently
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 18:37   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It would help a great deal if someone explained to drivers of both sexes that an inverted triangle at a road junction is in fact a give way sign.Seems every time I get to a mini roundabout only me knows.
There are inverted triangles at mini roundabouts??? I havnt seen one, the real rule at a mini roundabout is give way to traffic from the right, seems half of drivers dont know and hesitate, and that isnt just women! Even though many women dont know thier left from thier right! Go on lads, ask your partner which is left, they either raise both hands or work it out!
Old 25-07-2008, 18:54   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Should women drivers be Banned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
There are inverted triangles at mini roundabouts??? I havnt seen one, the real rule at a mini roundabout is give way to traffic from the right, seems half of drivers dont know and hesitate, and that isnt just women! Even though many women dont know thier left from thier right! Go on lads, ask your partner which is left, they either raise both hands or work it out!
To determine if someone knows their left hand from their right I ask them which hand do they wipe their bum with.

Invariably one hand will be raised to which I reply, “Ugh! I use paper!”
Old 25-07-2008, 19:14   #52
God Member

Quote:
Shouldn't that be "give way to traffic from the left" .... Oh, I forgot, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 21:43   #53
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Even though many women dont know thier left from thier right! Go on lads, ask your partner which is left, they either raise both hands or work it out!

Left and right confusion is just as much a Man thing.

My late husband had a problem with left -v- right. I used to tell him, "You write with your right hand", but it didn't help. If I was driving and he was giving directions I would say, "My side of the car or yours?" It was the only way to avoid complete detours of many, many miles.

Old 25-07-2008, 21:58   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It would help a great deal if someone explained to drivers of both sexes that an inverted triangle at a road junction is in fact a give way sign.Seems every time I get to a mini roundabout only me knows.
And it seems you have left your legacy in Spain.....They are Blooby Crackers. Especially the women.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 00:30   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
And it seems you have left your legacy in Spain.....They are Blooby Crackers. Especially the women.
Know a person in Spain that failed her driving test because she did not know. Ceda el paso to you
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 06:31   #56
God Member

Well yes I think they should be stoned to death up the Coppice quary.. but they should be screened.. I mean the good lookin ones should be taken back to t'Broadway pub for futher analysis..chuck the ugly ones off t'hill!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 08:26   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well yes I think they should be stoned to death up the Coppice quary.. but they should be screened.. I mean the good lookin ones should be taken back to t'Broadway pub for futher analysis..chuck the ugly ones off t'hill!
Broadway is no more Mancie. you will have to find somewhere else just as upmarket for your analysis
Old 26-07-2008, 08:53   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Broadway is no more Mancie. you will have to find somewhere else just as upmarket for your analysis
Sorry, slight wander but Broadway pub is no more??
Old 26-07-2008, 08:55   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Sorry, slight wander but Broadway pub is no more??
No it is shut
Old 26-07-2008, 08:56   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
No it is shut

Ooooh, never knew that, was in a couple of months back but dont venture out much these days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..