Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2008, 12:44   #1

Should women drivers be Banned ?

With the upsurge in accidents on the roads and the greater percentage of them being put down to women drivers ,dithering, and hesitating for too long ,is it time to Ban them ,or Give them a harder Driving test ? Such a move would ease traffic congestion after all !!
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2008, 12:48   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Should women drivers be Banned ?

You got a death wish archiveuk !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 12:56   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiveuk View Post
With the upsurge in accidents on the roads and the greater percentage of them being put down to women drivers ,dithering, and hesitating for too long ,is it time to Ban them ,or Give them a harder Driving test ? Such a move would ease traffic congestion after all !!
No.
Old 23-07-2008, 13:30   #4

I would have thought the increase of accidents was down to young (18-25) male drivers showing off to their mates and causing crashes by driving too fast and not experienced enough.. or the increase of accidents caused by male drivers 1) pulling out of junctions too fast and not looking 2) driving so close up the car in front's backside you can read the small print on the tax disc and 3) male drivers full stop - I always thought that insurance companies rate women drivers as better - because we do take more care and are slightly more cautious.. oh well I'm a women so what do I know eh?
Gingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 13:47   #5
God Member

I think it would make much more sense to ban the young male drivers and put their DL age up to 21, even though by that age most have still got the urge to race around town .

I have seen more near misses by male drivers and young drivers than most women. Admittedly some women drivers do tend to dither but then we can say that about the older generation of over careful drivers which IMO are a hazard on the roads too..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 13:55   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my other half is a damn good driver, think its more the young " Richard Heads" that should be looked at.
Old 23-07-2008, 15:03   #7

I have been driving for 41 years and had ONE accident that was my fault. Take yesterday as an example, I was driving to Tesco when a MALE idiot overtook me in a lane that was meant for a right turn,and the road was only wide enough for 1 car going the same way as me, causing nme to have to jerk over to the left and apply my brakes rather hard. So if you want to see idiot drivers come over to Manchester where the majority of them are "BOYS" who like to show off in their toys. Going about in my car i often come across male "drivers" who like to think they are better drivers than me, it is amazing to see the expression on their faces when they rev their engines at traffic lights thinking "only a woman driver" and i go past them and they cannot understand how i did it, simple, i am a better driver than a lot of these "boys with toys" also i have a large engined car so that helps.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 15:21   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well if you want make it difficult for the ladies, put fewer of them on the road, in fact, ban them all together, then what excuse have you got?

It all depends on circumstance, and although I hate to admit it, most women that drive me only go as far as insane not death, death seems to be a man thing.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 16:49   #9
Resting in Peace

Well I don't drive now, and am driven around by women, my other have, who's a very good driver, my two daughters, who are both very good drivers and my Granddaughter who, although has not been driving that long is very good, I can only think that tarting a hread like this someone has a death wish, well you've certainly got more bottle than me.
Old 23-07-2008, 17:38   #10
God Member

Hey, why stop at banning women from the road .... let's go the whole hog and take the vote away from them, kick them out of parliament and put them where they belong: barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:28   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey, why stop at banning women from the road .... let's go the whole hog and take the vote away from them, kick them out of parliament and put them where they belong: barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen
Ah well, might as well put me down now then:

Barefoot ... got rid of the hard skin ages ago.
Pregnant .... age should be a clue.
Kitchen ... lousy cook.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:44   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Ah well, might as well put me down now then:

Barefoot ... got rid of the hard skin ages ago.
Pregnant .... age should be a clue.
Kitchen ... lousy cook.
Don't worry ... there are dishes to do, floors to mop, garbage to take out,
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:51   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

When im in the car and some git cuts us up or pulls out....8 out of 10 times ya can bet ya life its a bloody woman!!

BUT, most men are the same too, especially taxi drivers (they think they own the sodin rd), also white van drivers!!, im sure they do it just to look good with their stupid workmates with em!........One day i myself will be done for road rage, as i have a short temper on the road, probably due to the fact that these morons are putting my kids life at risk!......

So my answer to the thread is NO women should not be banned, as men/women are as bad as each other...but i think women are worse!
Old 23-07-2008, 19:52   #14
I am Banned

Yes of course they should and along with it all men should be neutered starting with the one who suggested the scheme in the first place :P
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 20:08   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Naw... give em shoes.
hugh_garston is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..