Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2006, 20:30   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: 1200 terrorists in Britain

I would just like to know what is their ultimate objective, someone please tell me ... do they have one ?

At least with the Irish situation, we all knew what they were looking for, but with this load of, as any, God-worshipping idiots, can't sort out the grand plan.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2006, 20:37   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
A recent survey said that a quarter of all muslims in this country thought that suicide bombers were justified in their cause.
read a similar thing in the news this week, also what was said is food for thought i think, i.e. NOT all muslems are terrorists its only a very small minority. but all terrorists that are trying to blow us to kingdom come ARE muslem. now that to me is indisputable fact. what i am saying here is - there is NO chance of me or any christian influencing these people, i think that to is fact. the only people with ANY chance of influence is muslems themselves, and as theres a lot of decent people in their community, but they do not seem to realise the situation,wether it be denial or whatever. i say its time for these people to get off the pot and use whatever influence they may have, cos the power to do this is with them not us. if they want to be british its time to act british.
Old 14-08-2006, 08:37   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: 1200 terrorists in Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGreene
If your comment is based on the religion of this country then at the time that Islam came into existence, (early seveth century) this island was basically pagan. Those Christians who came with the Romans had, within 100 years of the invasions of the Saxons, Angles and Jutes been replaced by pagans.
It was not until the arrival of St Augustine (597) and his work, also in the early sixth century that there were a significant number of Christians in England.
My comment was not based on the religion of this country. If it had been I would have said so. However much obliged for the brief history lesson, which I was aware of, although other readers may not have been.

The pagans (which could be seen as a religion of sorts) overwhelmed the immigrant Christians (although in those days they were known as invaders) but to no avail as history reveals. The point is Christianity was in the British Isles BEFORE Islam and thus has precedence.

John Reid has been quoted as saying that during the last few years at least 4 terrorist attacks have been thwarted. At least? Doesn’t he know how many? Or is it all hogwash to try and convince the public that the recent airport disruption was justified?

If an attack has been prevented it must have been done so on some sort of evidence. If the evidence was so strong to allow the security forces to take action it would be equally strong enough to present in a court of law and gain a conviction. Or have we already got a police state where they can raid a house on suspicion and then walk away when nothing is found. It seems that we have as the recent over-the-top raid on one house clearly shows.

I don’t recall at least 4 court cases where terrorists were charged with some offence.

True to form this government is spinning the very real problems into something much worse than it is. Why is open to conjecture.
Old 14-08-2006, 15:41   #19
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: 1200 terrorists in Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
I would just like to know what is their ultimate objective, someone please tell me ... do they have one ?

At least with the Irish situation, we all knew what they were looking for, but with this load of, as any, God-worshipping idiots, can't sort out the grand plan.
The grand plan as you call it katex is controlled by the Koran.

It is the sworn duty of every Muslim to promote Islam whenever and wherever they can. As I understand it like the Bible the Koran does not sanction killing. However, just like the Christian Bible, different people interpret the Koran to suit their own agenda.

Islam is split into many factions the main two being Shia and Sunny and they have been at war with each other for a long, long while and will continue for as long as Islam exists. The extremist hotheads from both factions have interpreted the Koran as ‘death to all non-believers’. The west’s intervention in the middle east has given them an excuse to carry out their beliefs.

The majority of Muslims are much like we Christians in that we prefer to live in peace with our neighbours. The real difference is that the Muslim clerics hold much more sway over the Muslim population than do the Christian leaders over theirs and through coercion and even threats force the normal Muslim to do as they are told or at the very least go along with the herd. That is why the Muslim community leaders are shy at condemning the suicide bomber.

Hundreds of years ago the Catholics had the Inquisition to keep them on the straight and Catholic narrow. Today the Muslims have the clerics.
Old 14-08-2006, 17:04   #20

The establishment VIEWS US ALL as potential terrorists - they don't trust any of us - hence the whole ID card scam. They just want a database of our biometrics. If they had a database of our biometrics that police could check on the spot, then you don't need a card to say what your biometrics are - you ARE your biometric data, no card needed. So why the cards? It's to 'show' they're doing something to protect our freedoms, so if they remove our freedom so that they can protect it... oh hang on... it's paradoxical!

So in reality, there's 60 million+ 'terrorists' in this country. A terrorist isn't a terrorist until he's used terror to further his agenda, and at the moment the only person in this country causing any kind of unneccesary terror for that purpose is John Reid.

Last edited by semihere; 14-08-2006 at 17:11.
semihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:19   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
The point is Christianity was in the British Isles BEFORE Islam and thus has precedence.
And using this logic, various shamanic-style practices have precedence over Xtianity - they were here first. heh
Old 14-08-2006, 17:22   #22

The whole issue of 'islamic terrorists' - or more recently, the PC version 'islamist terrorists' really brasses me off. We never used to label the IRA as 'Christian terrorists' or 'Christiist terrorists', so why the media demonisation of Muslims? It's almost like the controlling elites would rather have us fighting amongst ourselves than focussing on their crimes. Think about it...
Old 14-08-2006, 17:57   #23
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: 1200 terrorists in Britain

As much as I agree with you about your views on ID Cards semihere I have to disagree about your assertion that there are 60 million terrorists in the UK.

Actually we did label the IRA as Catholic terrorists, which is what they were – Catholics and terrorists with allegiance to Eire and the Orangemen or Protestants if you like were against the IRA with allegiance to Britain. The Northern Ireland problem was a religious war under the guise of having a united Ireland.
Old 14-08-2006, 18:11   #24
God Member

the more I think about this stuff the more I am convinced that we (Humans) haven't progressed much from ours days when we lived in caves , all the terrorism and war going on basically boils down to one thing, tribalism instead of hitting each other over the head with clubs we have better weapons, and those using terror tactics are no differant than legitimate governments which use high tech weaponry .it's just a bit more messy

I'm not making any apologies for the terrorists and believe they should be treated to the full measure of the law, but I think it's time we in the west took a good hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves who/what we really are and what we want for our future generations
As an example, we in the west say we are superior to the barbaric muslims who treat their women like chattels but we on the other hand treat our women like whores and exploit them ( I'm sure there are lots of fathers out there who are really proud their young offspring made it to page 3 ) and act surprised when our civilization starts to collapse like ancient Rome .
apologies, I'm in a moralizing mood today
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 18:18   #25
Senior Member+

[quote=semihere]The establishment VIEWS US ALL as potential terrorists - they don't trust any of us - hence the whole ID card scam. They just want a database of our biometrics. If they had a database of our biometrics that police could check on the spot, then you don't need a card to say what your biometrics are - you ARE your biometric data, no card needed. So why the cards? It's to 'show' they're doing something to protect our freedoms, so if they remove our freedom so that they can protect it... oh hang on... it's paradoxical![quote]

If you haven't got anything to hide whats the problem with an ID card, as biometrics I don't think it was ever mentioned in conection with the ID card except by the Daily Inquisitor, sorry, Mail.
How would the establishment view you as a terrorist, wouldn't you have to do something to attract attention or are you more of an opposition or hostile to conventional social, political, or economic values or principles.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 18:33   #26

"If you haven't got anything to hide whats the problem with an ID card"

I cannot stand that sort of argument. If you've nothing to hide... why not let the govt. install CCTV in your bedroom? Why not let them charge you for the privilage while you're at it. And how about letting them monitor everything you say on your phone. Frankly it's none of their business. The govt should be here for the people. For me and for you. Why they need to monitor every single one of us for the purposes of "Anti-terrorism" is beyond me. If they have a problem with illegal immigrants, they should up border control. If people are abusing their benefits, target them. Don't splash everyone with the same brush and reduce *my* freedom and right to privacy because *someone else* abused theirs!
DeShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 18:49   #27

Recently, I saw a Manchester Evening News headline, which seemed to imply that a pilot (who had previously been subject to a full vetting process) on his way to the USA, as part of his normal duties, was ordered off an airplane by the US authorities, because he was a Muslim and was from an ethnic minority.

I do not know if this was true, but unfortunatley, I would not be surprised if it was.

My point is that if all people from an ethnic group are pillared becuase of the actions of a very small number of people then that must be wrong no matter how heinous the crimes that have been committed.

To thine own self be true
BillGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:02   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
These people are Muslims first last and forever, they have no allegiance to this country.
You are wrong - there are thousands, if not millions of Muslims who live in and love this country. Many of them were born here and are British in every sense of the word. In fact some of them are more English than I am.

To thine own self be true
BillGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:15   #29
Beacon of light

Ok Bill so I'm wrong, but it is my opinion......and I have yet to be convinced of otherwise. If they were as British (or as you assert, more British) than you, then surely there would be more desire to root out the undesirable element that give the muslim religion a bad reputation. And if a quarter of all the muslims in this country believe that suicide bombings are a valid way to show their outrage at our foreign policy, then I can't be as wrong as you think I am.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:23   #30
Beacon of light

I do not believe that western civilization is superior to any other, neither do I believe it to be inferior to any other either....and because some people have lax morals doesn't mean we all do. I am sure that most of us just want to live our lives peaceably without let or hindrance. These incidents impact on all areas of our liberty and freedom.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..