Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Arndale Clock....Save it or scrap it? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/arndale-clock-save-it-or-scrap-it-4940.html)

yerself 15-07-2004 18:44

Arndale Clock....Save it or scrap it?

Let's have a vote. Should we save the Arndale Clock or scrap it?

AccyStanFan 15-07-2004 18:52

Re: Arndale Clock....Save it or scrap it?

save it, why not?

Doug 15-07-2004 18:52

Aaaah. This is naughty after all the effort that has been made by KIPAX and others to save the bl**** thing....or at least find out what condition its in.

There's little left, lets at least save something even if it only to support those with the balls to do something about it. - Save it.

mez 15-07-2004 19:04

Save The Clock/////

Ceejache 15-07-2004 19:14

I hate the bloody thing but Doug is right...let give our full support to our fellow AccyWebbers. If you believe in something then more power to your elbow.....may this be a start to a new empowered People's Hyndburn!

Mick 15-07-2004 19:18

If we get enough votes on this i will print it and take copy's to the town hall ect
yes save the clock!!!!!!!

Acrylic-bob 15-07-2004 19:33

I reckon that we should save it and use it as a symbol.

KIPAX 15-07-2004 19:35

Can someone tell me exactly what there is to save?

Has someone told "yerself" that it needs saving.. Its just that the observer and the local mp have said they will look into it and see what is happeing to it.. I ahve letters and emails out waiting to be answered about it... I can only presume that you know somehting everyone else doesnt know? So please share and tell us what happened to the clock and why it needs saving?

WillowTheWhisp 15-07-2004 19:42

I voted yes because I would like to see the clock returned to some place of prominence in the town and in full working order again. I'm waiting with baited breath for the replies to KIPAX's letters and emails but I'll probably be on holiday when that happens and it will take me ages to catch up on things when I get back.

Acrylic-bob 15-07-2004 19:55

I suggested that it should be 'saved' because I fear that it will end up in the same place as everything else that has dissapeared from public view.

KIPAX 15-07-2004 20:03

The point is we dont know if it needs saving.. there may very well be plans for it...

Step one is to find out what the plans for the clock are if any.... Then if there are no plans we need to know who owns it.. is it working and what would be the cost of fixing or relocating it.... Having a vote to save it is jumping the gun ever so slightly... Why dont we get step one over wiht first..:)

WillowTheWhisp 15-07-2004 20:09

Good point.

Bagpuss 15-07-2004 20:15

I voted to scrap it, I never liked it and I think there are better things to challenge the council with but that's another thread.

Acrylic-bob 15-07-2004 20:21

Mick, are you going to print out the poll on the Globe Centre Artwork too?

Gobsmacked 15-07-2004 22:13

Don't it always seem to go.....
You don't know what you've got til it's gone?