Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bin Laden..... Killed in Pakistan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bin-laden-killed-in-pakistan-57702.html)

steeljack 02-05-2011 04:09

Bin Laden..... Killed in Pakistan

Finally they got him , 8.30 pm California time (4.30 am UK time) Pres Obama comes on TV for special announcement , first reports say they got him last week .
Body in US custody , hopefully they will treat the same way the Saudis did with the fanatics who took over the Kabba in Mecca in 81 , chop it up into sections and send the parts to different parts of the country , also if the cadaver is in bits "he" cannot enter paradise get his 72 virgins (think this method was popular with the British in India at one time , (put the body in front of a field gun/canon and 'light the blue touch paper' .

Only thing which strikes me as a bit odd is the late night timing of the announcement, if he was killed last week why wait till nearly midnight on Sunday after the late night news programs have ended on the East Coast :confused:

garinda 02-05-2011 05:41

Re: Bin Laden..... Killed in Pakistan

Memorable, and good, news to wake up to.

Was shocked at all the people outside the White House. Celebrating like the 'war on terror' is now at an end.

I wish it was as simple as one assassination, but fear it isn't.

gynn 02-05-2011 06:00

History will tell how significant is the murder of Bin Laden. It gives the American people a feeling of revenge over 9/11. The person ultimately responsible has been brought to justice.

As for ending the threat of terrorism from Islamic extremists, that is a completely different matter.

garinda 02-05-2011 06:14

Interesting which country he'd been living in, in his mansion.

Let's just hope it wasn't built with foreign aid from Britain.

BBC News - Pakistan could be top of UK foreign aid list

accyman 02-05-2011 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 902711)
History will tell how significant is the murder of Bin Laden.

not seeing it as murder here,more justice :-)

now someone hook me up with an osama is roasting like a pig in hell t-shirt so i can go walk around asda and see how those idiots that were cheering for him and mimicking airplanes crashing when he dropped the twin towers like it.

also not shocked at where he was hiding either im just shocked it took this long but better late than never

Boeing Guy 02-05-2011 07:04

Good news indeed.

MargaretR 02-05-2011 07:09

I sense this announcement is a propaganda diversion.
Benazir Bhutto said he was dead during a TV interview - and she's well rotted herself by now too.

How convenient for Obama to announce this now and draw attention away from the issue of his nationality.:rolleyes:

As for his death, whether real or fabricated, I don't give a damn.

MargaretR 02-05-2011 07:31

This announcement, whether real or fabricated, does make me wonder who is going to be named as the next 'bogeyman' for the US citizens to direct hate at.

lancsdave 02-05-2011 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 902716)
How convenient for Obama to announce this now and draw attention away from the issue of his nationality.:rolleyes:

Maybe it's some elaborate identity theft plan :)

accyman 02-05-2011 07:45

Funny enough margaret some americans are thinking like you

wether thats a good thing or not i cant comment :D

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1029/6ygrix.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cashman 02-05-2011 07:46

as others have said, this aint the end of terrorism, more likely a new beginning, as fer a dead Osama, so what? theres one on every corner oer yon.:eek: Good Riddance.

MargaretR 02-05-2011 07:46

Osama Bin Laden was once a CIA operative.
Now wouldn't it be sensational if they buried this body(who ever it is) at Arlington? :D

lancsdave 02-05-2011 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 902725)
Osama Bin Laden was once a CIA operative.
Now wouldn't it be sensational if they buried this body(who ever it is) at Arlington? :D

Reports saying he has already been buried at sea ( still never figured out how you do that ).

MargaretR 02-05-2011 07:50

I repeat - it's propaganda for political purpose - so why feel any emotion about it one way or the other?

cashman 02-05-2011 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 902729)
I repeat - it's propaganda for political purpose - so why feel any emotion about it one way or the other?

Think that comment is probably as much propaganda! its a very unlikely load of bull,fer em to announce, knowing the likely repercussions. IMHO.