Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 23:46   #61
Super Moderator

Re: ACCYWEB Meeting Venue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If the pub/club was actually trying to reclaim the flag from these arseholes then I would commend their actions as brave. However the motivation behind their decison would not be known and therefore COULD be perceived (albeit possibly unfairly) in this manner.
It's the national flag of this country, for crying out loud! People don't display it because they're trying to "reclaim" it from anyone, they display it because they're showing their allegiance, just as they do in all the other hundred-and-odd countries around the world. The only people who could perceive sinister intentions behind it, are PC-obsessed souls like yourself.

Anyway, I'm still convinced that you're a wind-up merchant, as your point of view is so ridiculous. We shall see...
Old 29-06-2007, 23:48   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Because the Stars and Stripes has not been bastardised by the far right in the states. Its got absloutely nothing to do with patriotism. I have simply asked the question in the context of how the Union flag has been adopted for a number of years in this country by extremist groups which have tainted its image.
Actualy it has been bastardised by the far right in the US, they would prefer to use the old glory. I would have to disagree with you and say that it has to do with patriotism. Maybe in their small little minds they think they are being British, Arayan and speaking for a minority and they do this by proclaiming everything right is white, how wrong can they be, they also do this by flying the Union Jack. That is a form of patriotism, as is bowing to the Queen, voting and fighting a war for Queen and country.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 00:10   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Is that not the case then because if not I have been seriously misinformed.
this leads me to think! you have some very strange informants. or you are a dustbin,cos you take any rubbish in.
Old 30-06-2007, 00:39   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If you went into a pub festooned with the Irish tri-colour, would you think it was an IRA pub?
In San Francisco or Boston ......yes , and at the 'United 32 ' club at the end of Geary Blvd. in S.F. a double yes , its also offical San Francisco City policy that any Irish whiskey being served as a refreshment at either official functions or private functions on city property has to be Jamesons (Bushmills is verboten)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 01:42   #65
God Member

wow this place just dosent get any better...... rosebud you asked a question ..it was answered NO it wasnt a bnp place it was the stag during the world cup... my god was the rest of the thread really nessesary... or should you all just go on bickering .....im sorry but in my opinion its these sort of threads that are doing aw no justice at all .. and i gotta admit rosebud you are the first NEW member I!!! have seen on here jump in so deeply .so early .. which makes me think that maybe you have been here before and know just what to say to get the cogs turning ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 06:39   #66
Resident Waffler

I just logged in this morning and saw photos of the Stag with the Union Jack. The previous ones I'd seen were the England flag which I'd assumed was football related. The Union Jack ones were September 2005. Does the date help clarify what the reason was for the flags? I'm hopeless at dates, even recent ones.

Maybe there wasn't a reason. I've got the stars and stripes and Union Jack on my bedroom wall at the mo but there isn't a specific celebratory reason. They've been there for ages.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 30-06-2007 at 06:39. Reason: typo
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 07:13   #67
Resting in Peace

They had the flags up all year round (i think it was to cover damp patches)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 07:19   #68
Resident Waffler

darn - never thought of that!

Old 30-06-2007, 07:45   #69
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Just as I suspected accyweb is full of BNP supporters and racists, love this thread although once again I suspect piltymon. Mr Harris do you still want that Enoch t-shirt off e-bay?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 07:58   #70
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Just as I suspected accyweb is full of BNP supporters and racists, love this thread although once again I suspect piltymon. Mr Harris do you still want that Enoch t-shirt off e-bay?
This is the second time you've tried to palm this T-shirt off onto me! As I told you before, I would look slightly strange walking around in an Enoch Was Right T-shirt, accompanied by my non-white immigrant wife. However, I'm glad you're here - perhaps you could tell us what sort of decorations are on display in a typical BNP pub?
Old 30-06-2007, 09:11   #71
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
However, I'm glad you're here - perhaps you could tell us what sort of decorations are on display in a typical BNP pub?
According to rumours about the leadership of the BNP, their meeting places are probably covered in rainbow flags, and posters of Judy Garland and Shirley Bassey.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 11:17   #72
Resident Waffler

I thought Enoch was Left?

Old 30-06-2007, 11:28   #73
Senior Member+

Buckingham Palace flies a flag.........

lol

Oh look at my post count!!! Oooooooooo!!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 11:30   #74
Resident Waffler

OOOer Lolly. Post another one quick!

Old 30-06-2007, 11:51   #75
Senior Member+

this thread was pointless,its a public house for god,s sake ,therefor anyone who is everyone is welcome,even prostitutes ex cons bnp members,the old guy who sits alone in the corner,the woman trying to keep herself standing straight at the bar,ITS A PUBLIC HOUSE,people have been murdered in pubs but it doesnt stop peeps from still going back for there
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..