Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 23:16   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: An article that I couldn't help smiling at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its hardly worth a rant that a didnt use a capital F for friday, and its hardly difficult to decipher what I'm saying either for these reasons. Integrate a spell check feature on the forum if you dont like it, other forums do, though I hardly think my spelling is hard to read, and for all you know I could be dyslexic so you have no right to be so rude about it.
You could always get the Tesbian Bay Li Gransexual Dyslexia Group to organise a protest ouside Less's house.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2007, 23:17   #62
God Member

And Bernadette, if you want to start criticizing peoples lazy spelling and grammar, you might want to start typing out the full words 'in my opinion' instead of IMO. It's a bit lazy and not everyone knows what it means off the top of their head, and it certainly isn't in the english dictionary.

You know, just in case you want to start being really petty about it as usual.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:19   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You could always get the Tesbian Bay Li Gransexual Dyslexia Group to organise a protest ouside Less's house.
I dont know where Less lives unfortunatly. It's not common knowledge to students my age.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:20   #64
God Member

Quote:
Blazey
You know, just in case you want to start being really petty about it as usual.
No need to get personal!!
Old 11-11-2007, 23:20   #65
Resting in peace

Quote:
Blazey, and for all you know I could be dyslexic so you have no right to be so rude about it.
My my and here am I thinking you were dyslectic, and making allowances for the fact.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:24   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I dont know where Less lives unfortunatly. It's not common knowledge to students my age.
There's another difference.

Students in ages past enjoyed a challenge, and didn't give in at the first hurdle.

No staying power.

Old 11-11-2007, 23:27   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
My my and here am I thinking you were dyslectic, and making allowances for the fact.
Is beind dyslexic something to be mocked about? You can still be brilliant and dyslexic
Old 11-11-2007, 23:29   #68
Give, give, give member

Today's degrees equates to passing the eleven plus...

and that's if people manage to eventually scrape a pass.

Old 11-11-2007, 23:30   #69
God Member

Quote:
There's another difference.

Students in ages past enjoyed a challenge, and didn't give in at the first hurdle.

No staying power.
Its only a worthwhile challenge if its advantageous. Some challenges would have been better left unattempted. Creating a blonde haired, blue eyed race for example when you yourself are dark haired and dark eyed. Pretty stupid challenge to attempt, as would be hunting out Less and his humble abode.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:32   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Its only a worthwhile challenge if its advantageous. Some challenges would have been better left unattempted. Creating a blonde haired, blue eyed race for example when you yourself are dark haired and dark eyed. Pretty stupid challenge to attempt, as would be hunting out Less and his humble abode.
Another difference.

Lack of vision and foresight, and being able to see the long term advantages of present actions.

Old 11-11-2007, 23:32   #71
God Member

Quote:
Today's degrees equates to passing the eleven plus...

and that's if people manage to eventually scrape a pass.
To compare a degree to the 11 plus is ridiculous, seen as some schools still take the 11 plus just to get into school. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard, and I have a friend that once swore that Hitler was welsh.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:34   #72
God Member

Quote:
Another difference.

Lack of vision and foresight, and being able to see the long term advantages of present actions.
And whats the advantage of hunting down Less' house? Because I dont think there would be any advantage unless I planned on getting him a xmas/birthday card, and I dont. So what other use would finding his house be to me?
Old 11-11-2007, 23:36   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
To compare a degree to the 11 plus is ridiculous, seen as some schools still take the 11 plus just to get into school. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard, and I have a friend that once swore that Hitler was welsh.
Areas of the country that still have direct grant Grammar schools, do have an examination, but the standard no way equates to the old 11-Plus, which was abolished in 1974.

Just as GCSEs are much easier than their supposed predecessor, the O-level.

Fact.

As is also fact that spelling and grammar used to be a prerequisite for university entrance.

Last edited by garinda; 11-11-2007 at 23:38.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:36   #74
God Member

This is why I'm debating going to Uni.
Everyone I've known who's gone over the past 2-3 years haven't given me any reason to be envious. The only challenges seem to be how to live on little cash and how rat arsed you can get every night of the week. Well... I've been there and done that. The actual studying doesn't seem to live up to the romantic, inspiring view I once held.

Still, I'll probably go if I get in.
Better to give it a go and end up punching every typical Hollyoaks-esque student I meet than never to have punched anyone at all.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:42   #75
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Its hardly worth a rant that a didnt use a capital F for friday, and its hardly difficult to decipher what I'm saying either for these reasons. Integrate a spell check feature on the forum if you dont like it, other forums do, though I hardly think my spelling is hard to read, and for all you know I could be dyslexic so you have no right to be so rude about it.
You silly girl, you just don't understand do you? It wasn't a rant it was the only mistake you made in that post that was worth correcting!

No matter what is said to you, your opinion will always remain the same. Also because you are young you now know everything, you have been put on this earth to correct us poor old sad beggers, I know this, because when I was 18 I also knew more than everyone else, it was only with the mistakes made over the following years that caused me to stop and consider that perhaps, maybe, just sometimes, I just might be wrong.

Dyslexic, no I don't think you are, dyslexia is usually a sign of some intelligence.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..