Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2010, 07:05   #166

Re: An Open Invitation to Cllr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What exactly do you mean by, 'Mainstream Media'?
Also what is the point of putting a link to some expenses if you don't have the balls to name and shame the rogue in question?
Would you like me to do it for you?
The name of the naughty councillor is...
Daddy, (not my Daddy of course, but the Daddy of some innocent girl that you are choosing to bring into the limelight).

What is the use of the expenses list if you haven't. done or said anything wrong if you daren't name the person you accuse, still underhand & cowardly tactics you must surely admit?
You ask for the evidence, I show you the evidence, and you are still not happy. Truth hurts?
Old 29-09-2010, 07:10   #167
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, anyone who looks at the attachement does not need the name to be spelled out for them.......you can put 2 and 2 together when you read down the list to the name of the person who claimed the said amount of money as a carers allowance.

But am I wrong in thinking this is perpetuating a situation which the mods chose to address? If I am wrong please, forgive me.
It gives nothing to the thread and continues the rancour.........making it much less likely that PB would come on here and get a fair hearing.
As usual Margaret you aren't wrong, unfortunately adding two and two together isn't the correct way for us to gain information of this kind.
If accysimon wants to tell us something then he should be brave enough to name the person he is accusing.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 07:16   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
You ask for the evidence, I show you the evidence, and you are still not happy. Truth hurts?
I also ask for you to name who you accuse or shut up.
You didn't give us your interpretation on mainstream media.
Also the end tag to the above quote, 'truth hurts', whatever could you mean by that?
Old 29-09-2010, 07:22   #169

Quote:
Also the end tag to the above quote, 'truth hurts', whatever could you mean by that?

Read post 165..it says who I was talking about. I have not accused anyone of anything wrong, just questioned the ethics. Clearly, Less, you don't read my posts properly, or you would still not be asking me to name the person.

This could also be interpreted as an Open Invite to Mr Britcliffe to explain or deny claiming these expenses. That is a relevance to the thread title.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:27   #170

Quote:
You ask me to name or shut up. I have named and offered supporting evidence. Does that mean you will now shut up? I have done what was asked of me.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:37   #171
Give, give, give member

Sinner to winner.

A miracle.

Cllr. Britcliffe will probably write a post of thanks to the Accy Web Mafia, who have bravely defended one of their own, when he nexts pops on.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 07:42   #172

Quote:
Read post 165..it says who I was talking about. I have not accused anyone of anything wrong, just questioned the ethics. Clearly, Less, you don't read my posts properly, or you would still not be asking me to name the person.

This could also be interpreted as an Open Invite to Mr Britcliffe to explain or deny claiming these expenses. That is a relevance to the thread title.
Your quite right I didn't read post #165.
All I can say is I missed it answering Margaret, then after posting seeing your post on page 12.
Thank you for at last naming after all this time the person you accused in so many veiled hints.
I once more apologise for missing the most exciting post you have ever put on site, after all we have all been waiting a very long time for it to happen.

Good luck to you for the future I do hope it gets exciting.

Last edited by Less; 29-09-2010 at 07:44.
Old 29-09-2010, 09:16   #173
Resting in Peace

Quote:
mainstream media means on the internet, in a magazine, etc. for those who are clueless.

The use of the list is to show people like you that I wasn't saying anything wrong, and that our esteemed council leader, Mr Britcliife, claimed the expenses I indicated he had. I don't see how this is underhand, just supporting my claims, something a certain other poster couldn't do when they accused me of something on here that was libellous.
Do pray tell what was the point of the thread in the first place, Its quite obvious that it had exactly the opposite direction than what you intended.
Old 29-09-2010, 15:34   #174
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If I could be bothered reading all this drivel again I would have to delete most of it for being off thread and cross posting but I have my family to feed so will leave it for now.
Old 29-09-2010, 16:01   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If I could be bothered reading all this drivel again I would have to delete most of it for being off thread and cross posting but I have my family to feed so will leave it for now.
Actually, Neil, I did bring the post around to the thread title by saying that it was now an invitiation for Mr Britcliffe to discuss or deny the expenses.
Surely, as a Mod, you should be reading all posts to check suitability??
Old 29-09-2010, 16:05   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do pray tell what was the point of the thread in the first place, Its quite obvious that it had exactly the opposite direction than what you intended.
Amazing how some things and attitudes changed once I had provided the supporting evidence. Shame it took so long to obtain the info from LCC, and even longer from Hyndburn as it still hasn't arrived.
To repeat, though, for the final time, I questioned the ethics, not the legality, behind the claim.
Old 29-09-2010, 16:15   #177

Quote:
Amazing how some things and attitudes changed once I had provided the supporting evidence. Shame it took so long to obtain the info from LCC, and even longer from Hyndburn as it still hasn't arrived.
To repeat, though, for the final time, I questioned the ethics, not the legality, behind the claim.
Yes, and to repeat, I questioned your ethics why did you post before you actually had proof? Surely had you waited you could have named & shamed, then you might have had AccyWeb members supporting you?
As it was, hopefully you have shown how rumour-mongers will be tolerated.
10/10 for persistence though, it's run so long even the obbo can't do a shock horror AccyWeb scoops another morally exposed politician.
Old 29-09-2010, 16:36   #178

Quote:
Yes, and to repeat, I questioned your ethics why did you post before you actually had proof? Surely had you waited you could have named & shamed, then you might have had AccyWeb members supporting you?
As it was, hopefully you have shown how rumour-mongers will be tolerated.
10/10 for persistence though, it's run so long even the obbo can't do a shock horror AccyWeb scoops another morally exposed politician.

Sorry for the delay in providing the evidence, serves me right for relying on the relevant councils to provide the information.
Old 29-09-2010, 17:10   #179
Beacon of light

Quote:
Surely, as a Mod, you should be reading all posts to check suitability??
I think that most of the mods on here expect us, the members of Accyweb, to know what is reasonable, and what is not...in some respects to 'moderate' ourselves........after all, we are adults.(though sometimes it does get a bit like a school playground...'he started it Miss') This does nothing to advance the tone of the thread......when this happens it is best to retire gracefully and stop posting. This takes the heat out of the situation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 17:49   #180
Resting in Peace

Quote:
To be quite honest If I were you I'd get a life

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..