Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2010, 14:05   #76
Common Sense Member

Re: An Open Invitation to Cllr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I suspect Peter hid the chocolate hobnobs when he saw the Labour party arrive so you did not learn the truth about Ossy Area Council biscuits
It's a conspiracy!

When the Mayor turned up I suppose the Jammie Dodgers disappeared too?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2010, 14:07   #77
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Ken, I think this is an exercise in Canutism ........ so don't hold your breath waiting for a response!
I'm at the back of a queue waiting for the Leader of the Council to respond to him.

Some of the market traders aren't best pleased at the lack of reply to their correspondence either.

Old 20-09-2010, 15:00   #78
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Beyond some quizzicals looks from the Leader, other Area Councils do things quite differently from your own and it was a good way of approaching things from another angle. A presentation by the police Inspector was very useful and down to earth, plus there were also individual updates from each councillor which has never happened in Rishton and I am keen to implement here.
I thought the Area Council co-ordinators would arrange such things as they will go to different meeting wont they?
Old 20-09-2010, 15:36   #79
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought the Area Council co-ordinators would arrange such things as they will go to different meeting wont they?
Yes and no.

The Rishton one is broadly similar to the Oswaldtwistle one but there were certain slight variances which I was quite keen on and they will be included in future at our meetings. The Area Managers vary from ward to ward and so although the programme has a general format, no two meetings are likely to be the same.

It was also useful to see what items are included in other wards, the police one on crime prevention being a prime example of something that would go down well here. Cllr Grayson and myself therefore requested that the same item be scheduled for November in Rishton and we will have five minutes apiece going through the projects that each of us have had the biggest hand in.

There seems to be some resistance to the idea but it struck me as a good way of actually showing people what councillors do for the community.

Old 20-09-2010, 17:47   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes and no.

The Rishton one is broadly similar to the Oswaldtwistle one but there were certain slight variances which I was quite keen on and they will be included in future at our meetings. The Area Managers vary from ward to ward and so although the programme has a general format, no two meetings are likely to be the same.

It was also useful to see what items are included in other wards, the police one on crime prevention being a prime example of something that would go down well here. Cllr Grayson and myself therefore requested that the same item be scheduled for November in Rishton and we will have five minutes apiece going through the projects that each of us have had the biggest hand in.

There seems to be some resistance to the idea but it struck me as a good way of actually showing people what councillors do for the community.
Watch, Listen and learn
Old 20-09-2010, 17:55   #81
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Watch, Listen and learn
The 'listen' bit is not an optional extra where Cllr Britcliffe is concerned, it's his show.

Old 20-09-2010, 18:01   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The 'listen' bit is not an optional extra where Cllr Britcliffe is concerned, it's his show.
Well he is well versed, he has been doing it a tad longer than you
Old 20-09-2010, 18:58   #83

Quote:

He may have been doing it longer than Ken, but he still hasn't learnt how to talk to or listen to, the residents of the borough.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:59   #84
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Just a tad.

It would be nice to occasionally be given the chance to discuss and debate things from this side of the fence but it's a bit on the awkward side with no council meeting between July and December.

Since all I can do is pick holes in policies at the moment, I'm just waiting to become an attempted victim of the 'Taking Quotes Out Of Context' game, it's happened before on this very forum.

Old 20-09-2010, 19:01   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
He may have been doing it longer than Ken, but he still hasn't learnt how to talk to or listen to, the residents of the borough.
Even I wouldn't listen to you,
Old 20-09-2010, 19:04   #86

Really Ken, can't believe that !!!!!!!!!
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 19:06   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just a tad.

It would be nice to occasionally be given the chance to discuss and debate things from this side of the fence but it's a bit on the awkward side with no council meeting between July and December.

Since all I can do is pick holes in policies at the moment, I'm just waiting to become an attempted victim of the 'Taking Quotes Out Of Context' game, it's happened before on this very forum.
Oh come on Ken who on here would take quotes out of context
Old 20-09-2010, 19:13   #88

Quote:
Even I wouldn't listen to you,
That's not what you said when you acted as Mr Britcliffe's agent years ago when he stood for MP, John. You were very responsive to my letters. You never did talk sense then though either, so glad to see nothing has changed.
Old 21-09-2010, 09:22   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
That's not what you said when you acted as Mr Britcliffe's agent years ago when he stood for MP, John. You were very responsive to my letters. You never did talk sense then though either, so glad to see nothing has changed.
Not what I heard from my Labour Party Mole!!!!!!! when members were told not to reply to my letters
Old 21-09-2010, 17:09   #90

Quote:
Not what I heard from my Labour Party Mole!!!!!!! when members were told not to reply to my letters

All my letters were sent by email asking about Peter's campaign and views. I respond to all letters and will not have anyone dictate to me who I can and cannot correspond to. Actually, it was you and Peter who did not reply to me when challenged on policy, so please get your facts right !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..