Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2007, 20:54   #46
God Member

Re: Artists in Accy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
If I could be bothered to look for it somewhere on this forum Garinda said something along the lines of 'art provokes debate'.

So on that basis Blazey, your art has provoked debate therefore it is definitely art.
An art project based on war, famine and domestic violence is very likely to create a debate I would've thought whether that was intentional or not. The intention was to shed light on notions of freedom which we believe have positive aspects only, when in fact they have very negative aspects aswell.

Freedom to vote for leadership > leadership takes us into war
Freedom to choose what you eat/lifestyle choices > eating disorders/abortions
Freedom of the home/sanctuary > domestic violence, child abuse

Everything about the project was meant to be politically based. I'm glad its caused a debate but the debate isnt about the right things. My art was successful with the other students who understand and appreciated the message. People have overlooked the messages so far on here which is a shame.

I picked Banksy first, did the prep work on Banksy and then added Andy Warhol towards the end of the prep work and the exam pieces, hence the repetitions in the green neon-like skulls one which is meant to represent genocide (freedom of power and speech). The only reasonable criticism i've had so far was of the prep work which has andy warhols electric chair in it.

However one of my art teachers pointed out that andy warhol used the image of the chair to create his piece, I merely did the same and made the chair my own.
The chair was meant to represent punishment for acting on false freedoms. I also had a religious aspect in two of them for freedom of speech, for the remembrance that not every country or society has that freedom.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2007, 23:15   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
How dare you. Who are you to say what is and isn't art?
He's actually someone who has attended the premier art institution in this country, so I think he is more than qualified to critique your little efforts.

The fact that your daubings were awarded top marks in your class is neither here nor there. Mediocrity isn't a good bench mark for comparisson.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 23:19   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He's actually someone who has attended the premier art institution in this country, so I think he is more than qualified to critique your little efforts.

The fact that your daubings were awarded top marks in your class is neither here nor there. Mediocrity isn't a good bench mark for comparisson.
It doesnt mean it gives someone the right to drag someones work down and say it isnt art.

Someone recognised my work as being like a famous artist, just because that style isn't recognised as art by some people doesn't mean it ISNT.
Someone who cant appreciate everyones form of art is just very restricted in my opinion.
Old 19-06-2007, 23:22   #49
Give, give, give member

Darling, you are more of a work of art than your little stencilled efforts.

A performance artist up there with Yoko Ono, but without the sense of humour.

Old 19-06-2007, 23:23   #50
Resident Waffler

Damon Hirst thinks pickled sheep are art but I disagree.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 23:26   #51
I am Banned

Quote:
It doesnt mean it gives someone the right to drag someones work down and say it isnt art.

Someone recognised my work as being like a famous artist, just because that style isn't recognised as art by some people doesn't mean it ISNT.
Someone who cant appreciate everyones form of art is just very restricted in my opinion.
Garinda is just TRYING to get you banned. Just ignore him. Let the troll go find someone else to try and get banned.

As to you Garinda it has been a long, long time since I have met someone that behaves as pathetically as you are doing. We leave one thread and you follow us to another just to try winding us up until we get banned.

Get a life Garinda because if this is how you spend all your time you must have a pretty sad one!!

< Oh yeah, of course, we're only joking aren't we.

Last edited by piltymon; 19-06-2007 at 23:32. Reason: Mistake
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 23:28   #52
Resident Waffler

Which other forums have you been on?

I'm still waiting to hear about all these forums where I'm supposedly a well known pain in the rear.

Old 19-06-2007, 23:30   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
We leave one forum and you follow us to another
You seem to have me mixed up with someone else.

I have never been a member of trailerparktrash.com.

Old 19-06-2007, 23:32   #54
Resident Waffler

Maybe you've been on some of those mysterious forums where I'm so famous Rindy. If you ever find out where they are do please let me know.

Old 19-06-2007, 23:33   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Which other forums have you been on?

I'm still waiting to hear about all these forums where I'm supposedly a well known pain in the rear.
Sorry I meant thread. Mistake corrected. Who said that you were a pain in other forums? I was talking about Garinda following us around.

Last edited by piltymon; 19-06-2007 at 23:35. Reason: Clarification
Old 19-06-2007, 23:38   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Garinda is just TRYING to get you banned. Just ignore him. Let the troll go find someone else to try and get banned.

never read so much bunkem in all my time on here piltymon, that is just pathetic. n thats not the "accyweb mafia" speaking its common sense.
Old 19-06-2007, 23:40   #57
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Who said that you were a pain in other forums?

Your daughter - apparently I'm a well known trouble maker all over the internet according to her.

Old 20-06-2007, 00:02   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never read so much bunkem in all my time on here piltymon, that is just pathetic. n thats not the "accyweb mafia" speaking its common sense.
So WHY does he keep heading straight for any thread that we are posting in and his first post is a personal insult to either Blazey or me? Don't take my word for it, go take a look! While your at it you may want to read my thoughts on it in the "missing thread" thread. Garinda fulfilled lots of Techniques trolls use from his own post of a poster. I fit none! Ask a moderator to check it. In every thread that I have been on where abuse has started I have NEVER been the one to start it so why am I called the troll when in point of FACT, Garinda fits the title FAR more?
Old 20-06-2007, 10:48   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Your daughter - apparently I'm a well known trouble maker all over the internet according to her.
I dont recall saying that. In fact I don't recall saying much directly to you.
Old 20-06-2007, 12:36   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
I dont recall saying that. In fact I don't recall saying much directly to you.
Well I didn't say it. Probably rue if she behaves like the **** artist she behaves like on here though! Love the art kiddo. Great news about you coming at the top of your class!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..