Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 17:01   #31
I am Banned

Talking Re: BEWARE the town hall drivers....

i often use it as a shortcut.....why did they block it in the first place?
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2005, 17:36   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: BEWARE the town hall drivers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by removal-man
i often use it as a shortcut.....why did they block it in the first place?
Although I might think that it was a stupid thing to cut the town in half by blocking this area to normal traffic users the fact remains that it is now illegal for ordinary motorists to use it, therefore I hope in the interests of those pedestrians that do use that area, that when you get caught for using it as your own little short-cut the law comes down on you like a ton of bricks!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 19:58   #33
I am Banned

Thumbs up removals.

hi, single items or full house moves. if you have purchased a item and require it collecting and delivering in this area, i can offer a reliable service at a very reasonable cost. if you can be flexible as to when your item is to be picked up/delivered i offer a flat fee of 10.00 minimum charge in the same town i.e. accy to accy blackburn to blackburn.we group collections/deliveries to keep costs low.
further afield i.e accy to blackburn/burnley the average is 15.00. house removals start at 80.00 with assistance from yourself 110.00 two men. this is based on a 4 hour move. each subsequent hour costs approx 20.00. this is when removal is to/from same town. same day service is usually available unless we are further afield than the northwest area.further distance is by quotation.
to give you a idea of distance, a recent removal from blackburn to glasgow with 2 men cost 475.00 fully inclusive. all loading and unloading by ourselves, using our long wheelbase luton.

our direct contact number is 07930997461
Old 11-01-2005, 20:22   #34
Full Member+

Thanks for you support Willow ( Can I Give karma? )
Todays miscreants
YM 52 SLZ Red Skoda taxi
NL 02 EZA White Peugeot van
I guess my point is that you have no way of knowing if private cars/ vans/ taxis are going to go round the mini roundabout and back up Blackburn Road or come straight at you....and it makes my blood boil. Mind you I have seen some idiot go DOWN Union Street!!
Old 11-01-2005, 20:35   #35

I had to dodge a stupid driver on that piece of road whilst I was out with the pram. Scared the hell out of the little guy and out of me as the driver didn't even slow down. I wish I had got the details then I could have named and shamed.
Old 11-01-2005, 21:00   #36
Always EVIL within us

I see Hyndburn Council are running minibuses now for dwarfs......or maybe its the Mayors new car.
Old 11-01-2005, 21:07   #37
Always EVIL within us

Hey, Removal man, is that your white van behind the Hyndburn Councils bus??
Old 18-01-2005, 16:13   #38
I am Banned

Talking Re: BEWARE the town hall drivers....

no, im the one running all the pedestrians over.
Old 18-01-2005, 16:51   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
This morning at 8:45 a red Toyota Corolla T270 JBC driven by a young Asian lad sped past the front of the town hall, speed approximatly 20-25mph. You may want to avoid this person as he may run you over
Oh dear, must not have read the "Observer"

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 00:33   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
i dont understand? 30 miles a hour is the limit, at least he was not speeding.
its a 5mph zone
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 07:41   #41

Re: removals.

You don't inspire confidence or encourage people to use your service when you have shown a blatant disregard for the rules of the road.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 07:48   #42

Quote:
no, im the one running all the pedestrians over.
Then I sincerely hope you are the one getting arrested and receiving penalty points.

The damn road is not open to general traffic whether you like it or not. How you can say it looks as if it is when there are obviously a number of signs showing otherwise would tend to indicate that you either never passed a driving test or ought to re-take it as you have forgotten the very basics.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 10:36   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
You don't inspire confidence or encourage people to use your service when you have shown a blatant disregard for the rules of the road.
by the way, saying i drove down the no entry was a wind up.

Last edited by PC Plod 3487; 25-01-2005 at 16:41. Reason: A Personal attack Removed
Old 25-01-2005, 13:04   #44
Resident Waffler

I took it seriously. I don't think I was the only one either.

It is a serious matter when a relative of one of our members was involved in an accident there caused by someone driving where they shouldn't.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 13:47   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
Thanks for you support Willow ( Can I Give karma? )
Todays miscreants
YM 52 SLZ Red Skoda taxi
NL 02 EZA White Peugeot van
I guess my point is that you have no way of knowing if private cars/ vans/ taxis are going to go round the mini roundabout and back up Blackburn Road or come straight at you....and it makes my blood boil. Mind you I have seen some idiot go DOWN Union Street!!
Surely the taxi is accountable to the council?

I'd report them.

And I'm tempted to pass on telephone numbers of people who admit to using roads when they shouldn't be...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..