Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2009, 16:27   #16
God Member

Re: Budget 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
oh I don't know..are we talking Peso's?..cause I reckon it's about 6 quid
I think thats the answer we got today from Mickey Mouse and Flash Gordon...........................

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2009, 16:37   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think thats the answer we got today from Mickey Mouse and Flash Gordon...........................
What do you expect Roy they're still using a bloody Abacus the pair of divvies
Old 22-04-2009, 19:06   #18
God Member

Well I've just been on the BBC's budget calculator and it's worked out that Chris and I will be £592.59 better off! So benefits us.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 19:09   #19
Senior Member+

Same here Gayle, about £550 better off so I am not complaining! And that is due to increases in family tax credits and family allowance plus I will be paying less tax and NI, great!
Old 22-04-2009, 19:30   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I hate the thought I will be paying 50% tax soon
Old 22-04-2009, 19:30   #21
Resting in Peace

It was suggested that If we all drank five more pints of lager a day and smoked an extra 20 fags we could see a light at the end of the tunnel within 6 months.

In my case it will be the channel tunnel.With a bit of luck.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 19:39   #22
God Member

Quote:
You make it all sound very simple Andrew..how about telling us were you would start making your cuts in public spending to pay for your tax breaks and less Government borrowing..NHS? sickness benifits? pensions?..or by cutting jobs in public sector causing even worse unemployment?
Your solution is the same old Tory way that has been tried and tested in the past..in fact it has been the same Tory policy since the war..and has never worked..it just causes more misery!...have you people got any new ideas?
True indeed ... esp. the last bit .... but Andrew is right in a sense; what is needed is consumer cofidence ... but the threat of govt. economy which rides on the backs of the poorer elements in society is not the answer. Nor is the simplistic "live within it's means" bs ... we are talking complex economies here, economies that have developed into entities we have never had before (like the EU), and to compare these economies to individual budgeting (now, if we cut back on bacon, we can buy more beer) is pure, unadulterated horse manure. What all countries need are new ways of addressing economic problems; and one thing is obvious: we can't leave the running of business to the businessmen ... they screwed up massively and dumped us into the economic craphouse, proving that they can be trusted only to line their pockets at the expense of the ordinary citizen, and their national economies.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 19:48   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I hate the thought I will be paying 50% tax soon
I sympathise Neil, sadly I am quite some way off the high earners bracket so it won't be troubling me for the foreseeable future!
Old 22-04-2009, 20:01   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I sympathise Neil, sadly I am quite some way off the high earners bracket so it won't be troubling me for the foreseeable future!
I was not being serious. I think the 50% was for those earning £150,000. That just a couple of quid out of my league
Old 22-04-2009, 20:08   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What do you expect Roy they're still using a bloody Abacus the pair of divvies
..so say the die hard fans of Norman Lamont and Geoffrey Howe....
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 21:07   #26
God Member

Quote:
..so say the die hard fans of Norman Lamont and Geoffrey Howe....
How the hell.....on this earth can you support the numpties who have got the country in the mess that every man, woman and child will be paying for decades to pay back the debt.
New Labour has gone 'tits up' big time.

Old 22-04-2009, 21:17   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I was not being serious. I think the 50% was for those earning £150,000. That just a couple of quid out of my league
I thought you meant it! Hahaha.....maybe if you were a barrister, Neil.
Old 22-04-2009, 21:20   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
How the hell.....on this earth can you support the numpties who have got the country in the mess that every man, woman and child will be paying for decades to pay back the debt.
New Labour has gone 'tits up' big time.
I don't support numpties.. Labour or any others...you can argue all day about who and what got us into the mess.. but I know that the same old agenda put forward by Andrew has not got us out of recessions in the past and there's no reason to believe it would work this time...I'll be honest and say I was almost afraid the opposition may have had something new to offer the country at this time because I personally don't want them back in power..but if anyone thinks the old tune about tax cuts along with public spending cuts are the answer.. then they are the living in a past that was even worse than it is now.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 21:42   #29
God Member

Quote:
I don't support numpties.. Labour or any others.. then they are the living in a past that was even worse than it is now.
I remember the country rejected Churchill after the war and the labour government of the day lost control.
I remember the pemiership of Wilson and the labour government lost control
I remember the 'Winter of Discontent' labour lost control.
You can fool the some of the people some of the time...as the saying goes...............Time for a change.

Old 22-04-2009, 21:45   #30
Resting in Peace

Well, I will be worse off by £ 75.47 approx. due to the tax on my pleasures i.e. tobacco, wine and driving, overtaking the rise in my state pension.

katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..