Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2009, 21:45   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Budget 2009

yeh n i remember "Thatcher" who made the country what it has become today, full of selfish look after number1 n stuff the rest.
Old 22-04-2009, 21:49   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh n i remember "Thatcher" who made the country what it has become today, full of selfish look after number1 n stuff the rest.
But did'nt have to borrow 600 Billion pounds to keep the country afloat.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 21:57   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I remember the country rejected Churchill after the war and the labour government of the day lost control.
I remember the pemiership of Wilson and the labour government lost control
I remember the 'Winter of Discontent' labour lost control.
You can fool the some of the people some of the time...as the saying goes...............Time for a change.
You got the advantage there Roy I don't remember... but I know that the Tories in the 50's opposed free health care...opposed national pensions..and opposed welfare benefits... of course in these days they would not dare to speak about cuts in funding for essential spending on these services...but these old Tory "values" live on...and the Tory party has proved that you can fool some peolpe some of the time.. but you ain't fooling me.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 22:03   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
But did'nt have to borrow 600 Billion pounds to keep the country afloat.
yeh well the tory way never worked, so i am prepared to see if this does. the selfish ******* were always there of course, but thatcher dramatically increased the number.
Old 22-04-2009, 22:08   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You got the advantage there Roy I don't remember... but I know that the Tories in the 50's opposed free health care...opposed national pensions..and opposed welfare benefits... of course in these days they would not dare to speak about cuts in funding for essential spending on these services...but these old Tory "values" live on...and the Tory party has proved that you can fool some peolpe some of the time.. but you ain't fooling me.
Next time you mount the soapbox on speakers corner ask the assembled crowd "Can we trust Gordon Brown" on a show of hands I think the majority would keep their hands in their pockets...by the same token if you asked the assembled crowd if they support Man Utd....The answer would no doubt be................'Do Yeh'

Old 22-04-2009, 22:14   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh well the tory way never worked, so i am prepared to see if this does. the selfish ******* were always there of course, but thatcher dramatically increased the number.
Magiie ruffled a few feathers I know but would you give a vote of confidence to the present administration?

Old 22-04-2009, 22:30   #37
God Member

Quote:
Magiie ruffled a few feathers I know but would you give a vote of confidence to the present administration?
"
"ruffled a few feathers" ? ... when she dies I don't reckon the cranes down the docks in the Thames will be bowed like they did at Churchill's funeral... she got rid of the dockers before the miners..any comparison to this Goverment with Thatcher and her wimps is an insult to any moral thinking person.. but then the Tories do not care how low they stoop to get power.
Old 22-04-2009, 22:36   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
no i would not, nor do i think cameron or clegg could do a better job though.
Old 22-04-2009, 23:50   #39
God Member

Quote:
Ruffled a few feathers That's like saying that Genghis Khan was a cavalryman
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 00:09   #40

Labour is drinking at the last chance saloon in-less theirs a change in direction their will be No Fourth Term.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 00:34   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Labour is drinking at the last chance saloon in-less theirs a change in direction their will be No Fourth Term.
now then..is there a prize on here for ******* that state the obvious?.. such a brilliant conclusion turkish..you'd have to get up pretty early to catch you out eh!
Old 23-04-2009, 00:37   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
But in tough times like these who would want to be in power And remember, it was Republican (that's Tory to the max) policies, dating back to Ronnie Raygun and his bitch, Maggie, that got us into this mess in the first place. And if Labor is drinking at the Last Chance Saloon, I think I'll join them for a brewskie. Remember, the only good tory is a suppository.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 08:22   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But in tough times like these who would want to be in power And remember, it was Republican (that's Tory to the max) policies, dating back to Ronnie Raygun and his bitch, Maggie, that got us into this mess in the first place. And if Labor is drinking at the Last Chance Saloon, I think I'll join them for a brewskie. Remember, the only good tory is a suppository.
Go shoot your Rare Bits.

Old 23-04-2009, 08:33   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
..so say the die hard fans of Norman Lamont and Geoffrey Howe....
Darling makes that pair look like financial geniuses and you have to remember that this shower inherited the best financial outlook of any incoming government in history, but as usual it will be left to the Tories to clear up after this shower of total incompitents, like we always do
Old 23-04-2009, 08:43   #45
Resting in Peace

But for Thatcher this country would have been a Banana republic long ago, the only thing she did was put it of until New Labours 12 years of incompitant bungling, we are now a country with the third biggest debts in the world behind USA and Italy. One thing I have noticed is that not one of our Labour mouth pieces have had a word to say on this issue, mind you they never have any contribution to an thread on their incompetent brothers and sisters in Westminster, they give um a wide birth, but as the old saying goes they all P in the same pot, in good times and bad times

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..