Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 19:56   #61
Beacon of light

Re: Camilla - Charles

Charles can marry who he wants(and is doing) but he should not be allowed to be the King of this country, because as such he is the head of the Church of England. He should have to renounce his right to the throne.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2005, 20:18   #62
Senior Member+

Chav-1 I have 3 children that use this messageboard and I don't appreciate your THOUGHTLESS language.......................they are 7,8,13 yrs and none use or think in that language. And I dont want them learning it THANKS...
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 23:23   #63
Accy Goddess

Your post didn't make me smile either chav.
I'm proud of MUMMIBOO.
I couldn't have put what she said better my-self.
I'm sick and fed up of hearing about it.
if no one is getting hurt then what does it matter?
Diana isnt here and should be kept out of it.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:49   #64
God Member

I think that "Deranged Slapper" was quite amusing, a little shocking but amusing none the less and certainly no worse than anything seen in the press.

However, I do have to agree with Anne and Simon, that we should all be mindful of the fact that children have unrestricted access to the site and we should try, where ever possible, to moderate our language. If you cannot immediately think of an alternative to the word you wish to use there is always the option of using asterisks (*) in place of some of the letters.
Old 12-02-2005, 13:37   #65
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
hang on i didnt swear once and if i did it would have been censored
I think you'll find that when it had been seen by a moderator it was censored, it was subsequently censored even further. 'Nuff said?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 13:10   #66

Well said Margaret. IMHO most of you are missing the point.
It's not about Diana's virtues or lack of them. It's not even about Camillas "striking" looks.
Marriages do sometimes fail for lots of reasons and those who are to blame do sometimes get a second chance.
However Charles shouldn't expect to have his cake and eat it. If he really loves Camilla why can't he give up his right to the throne just like his great uncle (I think that's what he was)Edward did? It's not as if there is a shortage of others who could step up. This would go some way, at least, to repair the damage done to the Monarchy by the "suit yourself" attitudes of some of the family members.
As King, Charles would be head of the Church of England and if he was to take over after this he would damage both the Monarchy and the Church. Church and the Monarchy might not be considered very trendy in the popular view but they are both important to a lot of people.

Gosh I sound all grown up!!!
Old 16-02-2005, 13:32   #67
I am Banned

Lets put things in perspective here, Is Charlie doing anything that another normal person does ?? OK not gone about it totally right n no im not a Royalist, but he's human like the rest of us least we all know now that royalty are not much better really. How many have divorced then re-married or living with someone in oo-err sin lol whatever circumstances a bet quite a few in same boat as Charlie eh? How many kids in this country are in step - parent families....lots? .... n nobody makes a huge fuss as long as they are happy n doing things for right reasons then what the heck!

So why is it diff for Charlie?? least at last he's gonna marry the woman he's been with secretly for sooo long ok she aint a patch on Diana for looks n heart. But least he is marrying her for right reasons well hope he learnt lol, even at the expense of his mummy dear. When Charlie n Diana married i think it was forced n they were no way ready also being young n naive they learnt the hard way like the rest of us do. Those young lads will never forget their mother n Diana did well in raising em to be humans than royal robots, she was a good mother n patron to this country n ppl wont forget that, so why prolong things further n let Charlie get on with it n all the best to him cos he'll need it lol n braver than me i dont think i could imagine to walk down the isle again...cept for me furneral lol

Take away the big mansion, taxfree money etc n you'll find the Royal's absolutely no different to any family in the country at the mo.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 19:39   #68
Beacon of light

But, remember Charles is NOT a normal person. He is a member of the Royal Family and one day if he becomes King, he will be head of the Church of England.....a church who sees Camilla as still married......so in effect not able to marry into the church.....hence the civil ceremony, with only a church blessing ( which is not the same as marrying into the church). Princess Margaret fell in love with Peter Towsend(who was divorced) and although there was only a very slim chance that she would become queen, was told that if she married Peter Townsend then she would have to renounce her right to the throne. I have NO problem with Charles marrying Camilla, but everything comes at a price, and the price would be that he cannot be King.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:01   #69
I am Banned

Oh blaming eckers it doesn't matter to me whether he's king or not, but really having the ole fashion view of the church of England - whom no doubt have married a few divorcee's themselves, but really is his marital decisions anyones bizz will it truelly effect the way the country is run n the way normal ppl are as long as he does his royal patronship to this country properly! N to get polictal mmmm wonder how the church of england started wasnt it so Henry the 8th could have many marriages cos many of his ex wives lost their head literally, now that isnt a nice example of the head of state is it, so what Charlie is doing is rather tame n the difference bet him n his uncle is that in those days...u stayed together, married an all cos it was the done thing doesnt apply to this day n age unfortunately...ahh i found that so romantic that Edward gave up his throne to marry his lady....gosh would u find men today giving up all football for his woman - not a cat in hell chance ... but nice while dream lasted all of 5 secs ... unless lol
Old 16-02-2005, 20:09   #70
Beacon of light

Yeah, you are right about Henry the 8th.....so he's the one to blame for all this.
And while it might be an old fashioned view of the Church..... it was the Church who made these rules. Everyone has to live by rules, and the message that Charles is giving is.....well, it is Ok to do anything you want. What Charles should have done was marry Camilla 30 years ago, but he did not have the b***s to stand up to his mother.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:14   #71
Beacon of light

Edward the 8th(or he would have been) renounced the throne so that he could marry Wallis Simpson who herself was divorced......he could not marry a divorcee and become King.......and he was forced into exile......Not many men would give up their country and their crown for the woman they loved.....but he loved her enough to do that and he should be applauded because he did the right thing.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:17   #72
I am Banned

Pmsl Margaret dont want to think of charlies b***s yuky LOL but you're right about him being whimsical. Trouble is that does the Cof E stand with all the multi religious in the country, doesnt quite have the desired effect as these days one rule cancels out another, but TBH i dont think anyone really cares that much atm probably all sick of this camilla thing been happening for centuries [feels like it lol] n i dont think our Queen is ready to give up on the throne yet n chances could be that Wils gets it... who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Yeah, you are right about Henry the 8th.....so he's the one to blame for all this.
And while it might be an old fashioned view of the Church..... it was the Church who made these rules. Everyone has to live by rules, and the message that Charles is giving is.....well, it is Ok to do anything you want. What Charles should have done was marry Camilla 30 years ago, but he did not have the b***s to stand up to his mother.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:21   #73
Beacon of light

I think you are sooooooooo spot on there...... think the Queen knows what a milksop Charles is and intends to hang on in there til the last gasp. And you know what, the thought of Charlies b***s has fair put me off bull's eyes.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:24   #74
I am Banned

Lmao Margaret it has for me too lol

Quote:
And you know what, the thought of Charlies b***s has fair put me off bull's eyes.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:26   #75
I am Banned

Aye Margaret that man is a gentleman n a half what a huge gesture of love n commitment is that ..... an applause he gets off me ...respect!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..