Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2010, 18:49   #1
JCB

Councillor Britcliffe Called off the AGM

I see Britcliffe has been up to his tricks again.
With one day's notice he called off the AGM at which a new leader is elected.
His reason was the mayor's accident but Graham Jones had agreed to pair off with the mayor so that the mayor's absence would not give Labour an advantage.
Councillor Kathleen Pratt was unable to attend the AGM.That would have been one vote less for Britcliffe.
Now we know the true reason for the meeting's cancellation.
It's not the first time Britcliffe has cancelled meetings at short notice for his own ends.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2010, 21:11   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

re: Councillor Britcliffe Called off the AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I see Britcliffe has been up to his tricks again.
With one day's notice he called off the AGM at which a new leader is elected.
His reason was the mayor's accident but Graham Jones had agreed to pair off with the mayor so that the mayor's absence would not give Labour an advantage.
Councillor Kathleen Pratt was unable to attend the AGM.That would have been one vote less for Britcliffe.
Now we know the true reason for the meeting's cancellation.
It's not the first time Britcliffe has cancelled meetings at short notice for his own ends.
Which Horse's mouth can you get to confirm the above to be true and prove it's not just rumour & speculation on your part?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 22:27   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

re: Councillor Britcliffe Called off the AGM

well i suspect its true n sure as hell "Arkle" aint told me.
Old 20-05-2010, 22:43   #4
Give, give, give member

Re: Councillor Britcliffe Called off the AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Which Horse's mouth can you get to confirm the above to be true and prove it's not just rumour & speculation on your part?
The story's in this weekend's Observer, though not yet on the website.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 22:46   #5
God Member

shoudlnt there be rules preventing somone cancelling important meetings just because things arnt going their way

bar a bombscare i dont see any reason for a meeting to be cancelled as plenty of notice is given when it will be although i feel if it required a bombscare to cancel a meeting on would be called in from a payphone in ossy somwhere lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 22:57   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
shoudlnt there be rules preventing somone cancelling important meetings just because things arnt going their way

bar a bombscare i dont see any reason for a meeting to be cancelled as plenty of notice is given when it will be although i feel if it required a bombscare to cancel a meeting on would be called in from a payphone in ossy somwhere lol
Perhaps thats why its important accyman? important he gets re-elected.
Old 20-05-2010, 23:15   #7
God Member

would the next mayor still get to be mayor if the agm had gone ahead and britcliff was defeated

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-05-2010, 23:17   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
would the next mayor still get to be mayor if the agm had gone ahead and britcliff was defeated
P.M Hyndburn he should be able to tell ya.
Old 20-05-2010, 23:19   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No.

It said in the Observer Labour have nominated another councillor for the role of the next may, not Cllr. Prtitchard.

Strangely he's been rather quiet on here of late.

Perhaps it has something to do with us quoting him, talking about himself in the third person, and saying he'd phone him.

Last edited by garinda; 20-05-2010 at 23:21.
Old 20-05-2010, 23:24   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No.

It said in the Observer Labour have nominated another councillor for the role of the next may, not Cllr. Prtitchard.

Perhaps it has something to do with us quoting him, talking about himself in the third person, and saying he'd phone him.

may have been quiet but hes been snecking.
Old 20-05-2010, 23:27   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No.

Just in case anyone missed the classic post, and is ineed of a good snigger, here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
I no clare has done alot of work in milnshaw all so her dad malcolm has i no malcolm will talk to about this just call him
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post621115

Having apparently multiple personalities, perhaps his title should be changed to 'Kings maker', plural.

Old 20-05-2010, 23:30   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
may have been quiet but hes been snecking.
Which one though?

The real one, or the one that 'knows him', or the one he phones, also called Cllr. Malcolm Pritchard?

Old 20-05-2010, 23:32   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
P.M Hyndburn he should be able to tell ya.
holy smoke did britcliff get him the position of Prime Minister

Old 20-05-2010, 23:35   #14
God Member

Quote:
Which one though?

The real one, or the one that 'knows him', or the one he phones, also called Cllr. Malcolm Pritchard?

great we will have a schitzophrenic mayor

maybe the flag should be flown at different levels corrosponding to which one is playing mayor that day.

just hope one of his alter egos dosnt stuff that gold necklace into a big bag and mail it to cash for gold or somthing lol

Old 20-05-2010, 23:35   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
holy smoke did britcliff get him the position of Prime Minister
Don't think so, but hes sure into coilitions. quick run one of ems back. pmsl

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..