Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 16:14   #136
I am Banned

Re: Creationism versus Evolution

well it would take a lot more than a little sand to make me put a knife to the fellow
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2006, 17:34   #137
Passed away 25-11-09

There's a song in "Fiddler on the Roof" called Tradition. That's what it's all about. Circumcision and the dietary laws all came about for health reasons. You don't eat pork or shellfish because one day in the desert and they're not fit to eat; you have separate dishes and pans for meat and milk - makes sense when you think of bacteria; you circumcise males - hygiene. Muslim tradition follows very similar lines to Jewish and both originated in the same place.
Old 03-05-2006, 22:06   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender
There's a song in "Fiddler on the Roof" called Tradition. That's what it's all about. Circumcision and the dietary laws all came about for health reasons. You don't eat pork or shellfish because one day in the desert and they're not fit to eat; you have separate dishes and pans for meat and milk - makes sense when you think of bacteria; you circumcise males - hygiene. Muslim tradition follows very similar lines to Jewish and both originated in the same place.

...sorry to hark on about it but if God created man in his own image, this perfect man, at least he was before the fall from grace, why didn't he think to make Adam already circumcised?

....and were Adam and Eve created already able to speak Hebrew?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 22:19   #139
Passed away 25-11-09

Ah, but was Adam a Jew? As there wasn't anyone else around then surely there was nobody to differentiate from so Adam wouldn't be an anything, would he? As the Garden of Eden was a place of perfection it must have had a temperate climate and no irritating sand etc., plus nobody to pass nasty diseases on to (nobody to catch them from, come to think of it) so why bother? Is God Jewish?

Why am I arguing? I'm an evolutionist.
Old 03-05-2006, 22:26   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender
Is God Jewish?
Since God created Adam, who begat Cain, and so on and so forth throughout the rest of the old Testemant until Moses, he must be.

There are some truly weird sites if you search for Adam and Eve, most of them American.

Old 03-05-2006, 23:43   #141
Senior Member+

Adam and Eve where just Adam and Eve.... there where NO jews, NO gentiles, NO Samaritans ETC.......

The Jews where the nation that God chose to use to carryout his Plan's, shame they messed up BIG time and are still stuck in a time warp...

Circumcision(?) was just one of the laws handed down to the jews for there time.. why would Adam need to be ???

Jesus said that he was the end of the "law" and left us with a lot less laws and some principles to follow.. So the many laws given to the jews, Failed to apply from Jesus time onward..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 23:50   #142
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Adam and Eve where just Adam and Eve.... there where NO jews, NO gentiles, NO Samaritans ETC...
What language did they speak to each other in?

'Come on Adam, taste this apple, you know you want to.'

Old 03-05-2006, 23:55   #143
Senior Member+

No idea, Hebrew would make sense but does it make much difference ??

I will do my homework for you on that one though and let you know if I find anything gazza
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 00:03   #144
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
No idea, Hebrew would make sense but does it make much difference ??
Yes it would be very interesting what the original language Adam and Eve conversed in, and how all subsequent language must have evolved from what they spoke in.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:58   #145
Resident Waffler

The different languages came about at the building of the Tower of Babel. Hebrew would have been just one of the many languages.

Jews are descendants of Judah, son of Jacob, son of Abraham. God is not a Jew. Jews didn't exist in th beginnng, nor did any race or nationality.

Circumcision was introduced as a sign of a covenant between God and his chosen people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
OK, so if you DON'T believe in Him, then you ARE condemned to an eternity in Hell right? God claims to be our father in heaven and it is He who is making the rules.

If you don't believe in him then why would you believe anyone is condemning you to anything? If you do believe that someone is condemning you to somethng then surely it follows that you must believe in him?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:25   #146
Give, give, give member

....ok, Adam and Eve weren't Jewish, but what language did they converse in, to each other, and also to God when they were told not to eat the apple?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:57   #147
Senior Member+

Maybe they just used body language!!! lol
Old 04-05-2006, 11:15   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
The different languages came about at the building of the Tower of Babel. Hebrew would have been just one of the many languages.

Jews are descendants of Judah, son of Jacob, son of Abraham. God is not a Jew. Jews didn't exist in th beginnng, nor did any race or nationality.

Circumcision was introduced as a sign of a covenant between God and his chosen people.

Some covenant eh? OK you chosen people of mine, I'm giving all the oil to the Arabs and you guys are all going to have a couple of inches chopped off your d***s.

If you don't believe in him then why would you believe anyone is condemning you to anything? If you do believe that someone is condemning you to somethng then surely it follows that you must believe in him?

Not so. You obviously believe in him and so, as you are aware that I don't, you must consider that I am going to hell. Therefore, if he is there and I am wrong, I am being condemned to hell. QED. Yet, if he is there, I am still supposed to be one of his children and he is supposed to be my ever loving, all powerful father. As I said before, I love my children too much to condemn them to an eternity of misery.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 04-05-2006 at 15:49.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 15:41   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
....ok, Adam and Eve weren't Jewish, but what language did they converse in, to each other, and also to God when they were told not to eat the apple?
Probably only she and the serpent could speak and understand language. Sounds about right. She held out the apple and said, "Hey Adam, would you like an apple or a B/J." He, not understanding; took the apple! Oh well! Just think, one B/J instead of an apple and we would never had all this trouble we seem to be in.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 04-05-2006 at 15:44.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 18:28   #150
God Member

Eve was a parceltoungue does Harry Potter know about that??

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..