Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 23:40   #121
God Member

Re: Creationism versus Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie
I reckon noah was a martian and there was global warming on mars and all the land was getting flooded, so the martians shipped all the creatures to earth, millions of years ago, then over millions of years mars froze, just like we would do in the next million years, simple!
So before they popped in for a visit did the Martians evolve or where they created??

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2006, 05:34   #122
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I take it Adam and Eve must have been Jewish, (did he come ready circumcised???)
And if so did man evolve a foreskin?
Quote:
Paganism
Is Paganism a religion?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:33   #123
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I take it Adam and Eve must have been Jewish, (did he come ready circumcised???) but when did the God, who created Heaven and Earth and all upon it, find time to create other religions, such as Hinduism, Paganism etc.?
Now they are two people that I have often puzzled over, mud=Adam, Eve=Rib if that is the case and no uterus (sorry to use that word Gayle I know I have no right to!) was involved,

Why are they always depicted with belly buttons?

I like the conveniently placed leaves in this picture!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:15   #124
Resident Waffler

Because the artists didn't have the same analytical brain as you Less.

That Eve looks like a right misery guts doesn't she? It also looks like she's feeding the apple to the snake! That's a variation on the theme.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20   #125
God Member

Eve is looking a bit butch in that pic Less. Also why has Adam got an affro??????

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:42   #126
Give, give, give member

Come on creationists, who circumcised Adam, and when did it happen?

Since Adam must have been Jewish, and there wasn't a Rabbi to perform it when he was a boy, who did it? Did Adam then circumcise his sons in accordance with Jewish teachings as seen in the Bible?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:50   #127
God Member

Maybe Eve did tha deed for him. That would explain why women dont seem to be Rabbi's as Adam was a bit peaved when it happened. If Adam did the deed on his sons where did the blade come from?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:52   #128
Give, give, give member

Did Adam and Eve appear fully fluent in I presume Hebrew, and when did they learn ro read and write?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55   #129
God Member

Quote:
Did Adam and Eve appear fully fluent in I presume Hebrew, and when did they learn ro read and write?
Never looked at it that way. Reading and writing has always evolved after creation.

Bother have I given this lot a way out of this argument that satisfies both sides.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:56   #130

Quote:JohnW
What kind of ever loving, all forgiving, all-powerful wonderful father figure, would condemn his sons and daughters to an eternity in hell which is supposed to be the worst place you could possibly imagine. I would not wish that upon my children no matter what they did. Let them be punished for things they do wrong most certainly, but an ETERNITY IN HELL. I don't think so. Where is this 'turn the other cheek' attitude we all hear so much about? The quality of mercy etc.?
Quote:Willow
But he doesn't condemn us to an eternity in Hell. That's what the Atonement is all about. Jesus took upon himself the sins of the world so that those of us who believe in him and accept his sacrifice do not have to suffer eternity in Hell. That is where justice and mercy meet, at the cross on Calvary.

OK, so if you DON'T believe in Him, then you ARE condemned to an eternity in Hell right? God claims to be our father in heaven and it is He who is making the rules.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:30   #131
God Member

Just because people dont go to church chaple temple mosque etc does not make them non believers. If not going to these places to comune with him was a mortal sin that sent you to Hell for eternity then my card is punched already.People see it their own way and were some are happy in a holy building then thats fine as it is for those who prefer to keep it a more private affair which could be construde as turning the other cheek to not attending as they are still believers.
The rules can be bent within reason and your soul shouldnt suffer for it as you are believing in the way best suited to yourself. J's sacrifice was the ultimate act of selflessness in so much as others could live and learn. I contentend that even non believers must have considered the question prior to non believing and can be saved if they believe on the deathbed so to speak. Hell can be seen or believed to be the ultimate deterrent to us all regardless of religion and all have their own version of damnation.
Its what you believe in your heart that matters not what others think you may or maynot believe. As we evolve and spread then are beliefs do the same and we are better for it. Ok some will take it to the extreme but then they are in the minority and will always stay the same. Enlightenment is what can make us or break us in the eyes f G. If the rules were kept ridged we would stagnate thus negating what G might want for us. All creations evolve regardless and all we hold dear follows the same track.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 11:32   #132
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I will believe in God the Father the moment after he comes aknocking on my door and says,
"Less I know I have been ignoring you but you are like a son to me and I really believe in you".
So come on God, faith and trust work both ways, remove the suffering of my extended family around the world and you might just be on to a winning campaign.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg less god1.jpg (29.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Less; 03-05-2006 at 11:45.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 14:16   #133

Quote:
Come on creationists, who circumcised Adam, and when did it happen?

Since Adam must have been Jewish, and there wasn't a Rabbi to perform it when he was a boy, who did it? Did Adam then circumcise his sons in accordance with Jewish teachings as seen in the Bible?
Actually, I thought that the circumcision thing started when the jews were wandering in the desert after fleeing Egypt looking for the promised land. Wasn't the sand getting into places it wasn't really wanted and all that? Well, this is what I was told by a Jewish boy with whom I went to school.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 03-05-2006 at 14:18.
Old 03-05-2006, 14:30   #134
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
Actually, I thought that the circumcision thing started when the jews were wandering in the desert after fleeing Egypt looking for the promised land. Wasn't the sand getting into places it wasn't really wanted and all that? Well, this is what I was told by a Jewish boy with whom I went to school.
then shouldnt jewish people in theory only be circumstised if they plan on a life in the desert or maybe a career as a life guard and not part of their religeous beleifs
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 15:37   #135

Well, if you say so old chav. Maybe once they started the circumcision in the desert they just found that it made things cleaner down there anyway so decided to make it part and parcel of the faith. Who knows? Not really my favourite subject, in truth.

JohnW

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..