Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 17:40   #16

Re: Gillette wet razors and cartridges

I have 4razors. I have 2gillete fusions (1vibrating 1that doesnt). And 2wilkinson sword quattro. I hate having to buy new blades costs 20quid for 8 and they dont last as long as they say they will. Have to say though the vibrating fusion is by far the best shave i have ever had.
Old 31-12-2007, 17:43   #17
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my fella paid £14 for 2 packets at asda dont know whether they are still on offer though, how old are you speedy, yound lads tend to only have bum fluff, so they really dont need good ones....lol
Old 31-12-2007, 17:46   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Ok .. realise the Yanks do have one over on us as far as plumbing is concerned ...
re. Plumbing in the UK , maybe its changed now but most places I have visited still have separate taps for hot and cold water supply , not many seem to use 'mixer' taps where you can control the water temperature , think it was something to do with the plumbing code/regulations , that and the daft pull cord for bathroom lights .....
ok , don't all jump down my throat at once , its been a while since I visited and know times have probably changed
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 17:59   #19

Im 20. Do get quite a lot of growth to be honest. Have to shave atleast every other day other wise i look like the white bin-laden.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:56   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Are there any other blokes out there who get annoyed when they buy new blade cartridges and find out when they get home the 'blades' dont fit the razor , I now have 4 different razors all which take different heads , they either slide in , click-in with outside prongs, click-in with inside prongs or use a center button push , none of the razors (all gillette) have a model number or name on them , it was all on the outside packaging long since tossed, the blade cartridges are no better , only when you rip open the packaging do you find how it fits the razor . It was much easier in the owd days when we had to use 'proper' razor blades, but good luck finding them these days, (besides I usually shave in the shower and no way am i going to be fiddling with blades there) . I'm not even going to get going about how much they cost .
ok rant over
My housemate still uses 'proper' razor-blades. He's quite particular about his preening though. He's a bit like a woman actually, even does alot of housework and cooking from scratch! Shame the other two lads aren't like that lol.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 14:16   #21
God Member

I shave every morning, have at the minute the fusion and the quattro, both are good, but both only give a real good shave if using shaving gel, not as close if used in the shower with shower gel.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..