Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2011, 19:28   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Greece Bailout

The Germans must have worked out many years ago that taking over Europe in this way was more effective than starting their third World War in less than 100 years. It's also cheaper, whatever it costs them.
The French also must have realised that whatever it costs them it's cheaper than having the merde kicked out of them for a third time by the Germans.
As for us-one doesn't like us because we beat them, one doesn't like us because we helped them. Whatever becomes of this mess I'm confident the UK will be one of the losers!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2011, 19:45   #137
Give, give, give member

The plan for the Reich, that would rule for a thousand years, didn't come to an end in 1945, as many thought.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 09:41   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
The Germans must have worked out many years ago that taking over Europe in this way was more effective than starting their third World War in less than 100 years. It's also cheaper, whatever it costs them.
The French also must have realised that whatever it costs them it's cheaper than having the merde kicked out of them for a third time by the Germans.
As for us-one doesn't like us because we beat them, one doesn't like us because we helped them. Whatever becomes of this mess I'm confident the UK will be one of the losers!
My Father always said the politicians were now doing what thousands of men gave their lives stopping in two world wars, German domination of Europe, aided and abetted by the spineless French
Old 15-11-2011, 12:01   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Brown was at least elected as a Member of Parliament. The Italians have just appointed some bloke who's never been elected.
That was what i meant -Super Mario has never been elected by the people -he's been pushed in through the back door by President Napolitano who made him a life member of the Senate.

"Mario Monti prime minister-designate, said he would refuse to lead a government with a lifespan of less than 18 months. Deciding its duration in advance "would take credibility away from the government. I would not accept a time limit," he said.His remarks, midway through longer-than-expected consultations on his prospective administration, set him on a collision course with many on the Italian right who want a stopgap government and early elections. The current legislature is due to run until the spring of 2013, and Monti said that was the time horizon he envisaged."

It will end up being the usual Italian juggling act no doubt..nothing new!

Full article at this link:

Italy's new government struggling to balance technocrats with politicians | World news | The Guardian

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 13:04   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hume was that
Jocks can't spell
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 16:51   #141
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
That was what i meant -Super Mario has never been elected by the people -he's been pushed in through the back door by President Napolitano who made him a life member of the Senate.

"Mario Monti prime minister-designate, said he would refuse to lead a government with a lifespan of less than 18 months. Deciding its duration in advance "would take credibility away from the government. I would not accept a time limit," he said.His remarks, midway through longer-than-expected consultations on his prospective administration, set him on a collision course with many on the Italian right who want a stopgap government and early elections. The current legislature is due to run until the spring of 2013, and Monti said that was the time horizon he envisaged."

It will end up being the usual Italian juggling act no doubt..nothing new!

Full article at this link:

Italy's new government struggling to balance technocrats with politicians | World news | The Guardian
They should bring back La Cicciolina.

Let her have a go at the Presidency.

Old 15-11-2011, 17:09   #142
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Or Don Corleone,Now that's an offer they can't refuse.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 17:49   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Or Don Corleone,Now that's an offer they can't refuse.
Old 15-11-2011, 20:14   #144
God Member

Quote:

She's already retired on a disgustingly high parliamentary pension like many others -being paid for by the Italian Tax-payer.... she didn't even stay in office a full term but thinks she deserves her state pension -was interviewed recently on a TV doc. about the amount that is paid out in these ridiculous pensions. She still has a penchant for that awful red lipsick that was her trade -mark and keeps on breeding pet snakes!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 20:30   #145
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
She's already retired on a disgustingly high parliamentary pension like many others -being paid for by the Italian Tax-payer.... she didn't even stay in office a full term but thinks she deserves her state pension -was interviewed recently on a TV doc. about the amount that is paid out in these ridiculous pensions. She still has a penchant for that awful red lipsick that was her trade -mark and keeps on breeding pet snakes!
...and there'll be some royalties from those 'art house' films she used to star in.

I actually did a bit of delving into her recently, after reading about the custody battle she had with Jeff Koons, which was being discussed in an article I was reading the other day.

Old 15-11-2011, 22:27   #146
God Member

Didn't she once offer to have nooky with Colonel Gaddaffi?

I wonder if she made a foursome up with him, Tony & Cherie?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 22:40   #147
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Didn't she once offer to have nooky with Colonel Gaddaffi?

I wonder if she made a foursome up with him, Tony & Cherie?

She famously offered to have sex with Saddam Hussein, when he wouldn't let the weapons inspectors in, and some time later, to have sex with bin Laden.

She was a politican prepared to put her self out.

Old 15-11-2011, 22:43   #148
Give, give, give member

Quote:
She famously offered to have sex with Saddam Hussein, when he wouldn't let the weapons inspectors in, and some time later, to have sex with bin Laden.

She was a politican prepared to put her self out.

She's no trollop though.

There was to be no kissing.

Old 15-11-2011, 22:46   #149
God Member

Maybe Mr Britcliffe should invite her to become the Tory candidate for Hyndburn (if it still exists), and if elected, she could go be our special foreign attache in Kashmir, have it off with everyone and yo! Problem solved!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 22:49   #150
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Maybe Mr Britcliffe should invite her to become the Tory candidate for Hyndburn (if it still exists), and if elected, she could go be our special foreign attache in Kashmir, have it off with everyone and yo! Problem solved!
Well, everything's open.

Borders included.

So she could pull it off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..