Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 21:14   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Greece Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have just been looking at his details G....seems to have his head screwed on right.
Seems to be.

You never can tell.

Can but hope.

Last edited by garinda; 12-11-2011 at 21:18.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2011, 21:50   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i just read the geezers details n he certainly seems more in line wi the ordinary persons line of thought,than any of those wasters in the main 3 parties,i will certainly delve more into UKIP, oer the next few months, they may even compel me to return to voting.
Old 12-11-2011, 21:57   #93
God Member

Looked him up too -sorry to be sceptical -will he really be willing to give up a cushy job with all the trimmings representing the NW of England in Europe.....I wouldn't if I were a 32 yr old with political aspirations...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 22:00   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Looked him up too -sorry to be sceptical -will he really be willing to give up a cushy job with all the trimmings representing the NW of England in Europe.....I wouldn't if I were a 32 yr old with political aspirations...
But - if UKIP succeed in getting us out of the EU, those UKIP MEPS will get elected to OUR parliament by landslides

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 22:01   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
But - if UKIP succeed in getting us out of the EU, those UKIP MEPS will get elected to OUR parliament by landslides
That we can agree on.
Old 12-11-2011, 22:02   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Sorry but that's a bit simplistic to sat the least...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-11-2011, 22:04   #97
God Member

Pigs might fly ...or witches on broomsticks....!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-11-2011, 22:05   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Sorry but that's a bit simplistic to sat the least...
Doubt if its as simple as yeh think, i would say the majority of the british public "Loathe" the E.U.I would also think the party leaders are of the same mind,hence the reason M.P.s were put under pressure wi 3 line whips etc, in that vote.

Last edited by cashman; 12-11-2011 at 22:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 22:10   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Doubt if its as simple as yeh think, i would say the majority of the british public "Loathe" the E.U.
Most of the European public too Olly - it's just not as simple as saying we've had enough let's leave the club unfortunately.
30% of 18 -25 yr olds in Italy are out of work with NO benefits or job-seekers allowance and many are leaving the country -they say it will take a generation at least to get over this...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-11-2011, 22:20   #100
God Member

Quote:
Most of the European public too Olly - it's just not as simple as saying we've had enough let's leave the club unfortunately.
30% of 18 -25 yr olds in Italy are out of work with NO benefits or job-seekers allowance and many are leaving the country -they say it will take a generation at least to get over this...
When the EU disintegrates those young folk will no longer have the right to work in those other (ex)EU countries, so they might as well stay home to participate in a non violent revolution and/or grow food for barter.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 05:34   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Like I stated, if he's one of that rare breed, an honest politican, who walks the walk, and actually backs up his words with actions, it will be rather refreshing.

If he says his sole aim is a self-destruct mission, lf true, more power to him.

I've been in contact with him and his party, as it seems others have too. Informing them that regardless of what happens with the Hyndburn constituency, after the Boundary Commission have done their meddling, that they should ensure that this area has a credible UKIP candidate(s) in all forthcoming elections, and that they'd be assured of a great deal of local support.

Last edited by garinda; 13-11-2011 at 05:40.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 09:33   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The problem for the Germans is the Mediterranean nations devalue the Deutchmark.

The problems for the Greeks as I said to Bone and Nuttall, if your a Greek with a €100k and someone whispers Drachma, you shift your Euros to a bank outside of Greece. The question is if everyone thinks the same, what happens to the Drachma and the Greek economy, Greek banks? Can any of them survive? Will the position not be cataclysmic compared to where they are now? A run on the Drachma that would resemble a run on the Zimbadwean currency?
Well at least we know you haven't disappeared of the face of the earth, even if your post was irrelevant, to today's financial fiasco in the euro zone
Old 13-11-2011, 09:37   #103
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You aren't the only one Cashy. It didn't take long did it?
It don't when the leader of your party has his foot on your neck Margaret
Old 13-11-2011, 09:40   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I agree.

As I've said, that makes me genuinely sad.

Watched Graham's maiden speech in the Commons, again today.

In which he referred to Ken Hargreaves as being a good representative for the people of Hyndburn.

Ken's gone public, despite poor health, to say he would have been a rebel.

Knowing the democratic needs of the people he represented, were more important than party political ties.
Ken was never a career politician, he only ever wanted to represent the people he grew up with and lived amongst all his life, a true champion of the people, the finest MP this constituency has ever or is ever likely to have which has been proved only recently
Old 13-11-2011, 10:36   #105
Super Moderator

Quote:
Perhaps, perhaps not, but he's certainly worth a punt and I'll be voting for him.

What's the altenative? Vote for Con/LibDem/Lab who all want to carry on with the insane power drive towards a United States of Europe and who don't want to give us ordinary folk a say on whether we agree or not? The only other anti-EU party is the BNP who, personally, I'd never vote for in a thousand years.

I really hope there's an upsurge in electoral support for the UKIP, whatever their shortcomings, purely to give the complacent sods in the the major parties a real kick up the backside and show them that they can't take us for granted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..